Re: Turbo

One Sky Dog

In a message dated 3/10/2002 3:25:38 PM Mountain Standard Time, BD5ER@...
writes:

The West system seems to be about the quickest but it still takes a full day
before the micro is of an easily sandable state. I have been doing a bit
of
research and it seems that there are UV cured resins that will do what I am
looking for. 30 sec cure of micro would be very nice (and almost zero
exotherm). Automotive paint is available right now with UV cure times
around
3 minutes, and this is with their high solids content. For the structural
part of a lay-up I have run across resins that are claimed to cure with UV
as
deep as 1/2 inch. The physical properties that are listed seem to be
acceptable. I might just have to buy some and do some testing.
Locktite Corp makes a UV cure epoxy.

Regards,

One Sky Dog