Density altitude

Jim Patillo

Ron,

I have flown out of Reno and Tahoe for many years with Turbo's and Turbines and I couldn't agree more. Normally aspirated doesn't do much for me up there. The only way to make your Qbird work better at that altitude is to increase the piston size to 9:4+ to 1, maybe install an electronic ignition, lighten it up as much as possible and go on a diet!

Mark Summers here at our airport has just about completed converting his Q2 to a Q200 installing an O200 with the old style canard. He will be at the fly in and will be in the air before you. I will hook you two up.

Jim N46JP Q200

P.S. E-mail the pix direct at patillo@attbi.com as attachments are not sendable on the Q-List. Your pictures may also be downloaded into the files section of the Q-List.