Date   

Re: Engine Questions (was: New Quickie builder)

Panzera <panzera@...>
 

Issue 85 of CONTACT! Magazine (currently at the printers, should be mailed
in a few days) has another Quickie engine featured, the AeroTwin:
http://www.ContactMagazine.com/Issue85/Issue_85_Cover.jpg

I say "another" because a few issues back we did an article on the Hexadyne,
which is currently being installed on a Q1.

We also covered the HKS a few issues before the Hexadyne, but not in the
same detailed manner that we do most engine features.

Pat
Editor@...

-----Original Message-----
From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...] On Behalf Of
Mike Perry
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 10:43 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] Engine Questions (was: New Quickie builder)

Robert Bounds mentioned the HKS as a four stroke alternative to the Rotax
503. Has anyone considered a half-VW in the Quickie? What about the
Jabiru 2200 (~120 #)?

For that matter, has anyone looked at a J-2200 in the Q-2? More
horsepower, less weight, what's not to like?

Bounds is correct about the cost of the HKS and Jabiru -- Exchange rate is
against us right now.

Mike Perry


At 12:38 PM 1/13/2007 Robert Bounds wrote

Yup, HKS. Big bucks, though.
Bounds
At 01:58 PM 1/13/2007 +0000, Mike Gifford wrote:

Thanks for the two stroke tip guys. I didn't think of that aspect. Is
there a comparable 4 stroke option that falls within weight
requirements?






Quickie Builders Association WEB site
http://www.quickiebuilders.org


Yahoo! Groups Links



Re: GU Canards flying

chris rayner <chris-rayner@...>
 

Richard, I have a couple of used rods that have been cut quite near the actuating arms so they have the welded part which is probably the important bit. They are not rusty though. I also have some more of the same tubing so they could be joined. Let me know if it's of interest.
Incidentally, I also have a promo picture of your plane from when it was new - which you are welcome to.
Cheers
Chris

----- Original Message -----
From: viggenbuilder2
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 6:46 PM
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: GU Canards flying


Thanks Jon, and everyone who has contributed to this thread. I have
an LS1 on my early Tri Q 200, which I did wonder if it was at one
stage, until PB pointed out it had strainers and cambered elevators,
which was a relief as we get lots of rain and bugs in UK. I have just
taken the elevators off for repairs to the strainers, but I find that
the Elevator rods are in poor condition and need to be changed for
new ones. Has anybody got a pair for sale please, or the drawing to
make some new ?

Richard Thomson
TriQ 200 G-BMFN
richard@...

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Jon Finley" <jon@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> I have a GU and am content with it. I had a T-Tail AND reflexor -
I removed
> the T-Tail as I felt they were redundant.
>
> If I were about to start construction, I would build an LS1. The
VG's work
> on the GU but they aren't pretty - would rather have an LS1 so I
didn't need
> to worry about them (plus cleaning around them is a nuisance).
>
> Jon Finley
> N314JF - Q2 - Subaru EJ-22 Legacy
> Mid-Valley Airpark, Los Lunas, NM
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...]On
Behalf Of
> viggenbuilder2
> Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 3:22 AM
> To: Q-LIST@...
> Subject: [Q-LIST] GU Canards flying
>
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm sure that someone has probably asked this before but how many GU
> canards are still flying as against how many have converted to LS1.
> Does anyone have any info ? And are there any GU guys who would not
> change to LS1 and why ? Are those GU guys using LeGare Tail or
Reflex ?
>
> Richard Thomson
> TriQ G-BMFN
> UK.
>


Re: GU Canards flying

Richard Thomson
 

Thanks Jon, and everyone who has contributed to this thread. I have
an LS1 on my early Tri Q 200, which I did wonder if it was at one
stage, until PB pointed out it had strainers and cambered elevators,
which was a relief as we get lots of rain and bugs in UK. I have just
taken the elevators off for repairs to the strainers, but I find that
the Elevator rods are in poor condition and need to be changed for
new ones. Has anybody got a pair for sale please, or the drawing to
make some new ?

Richard Thomson
TriQ 200 G-BMFN
richard@...




--- In Q-LIST@..., "Jon Finley" <jon@...> wrote:

Hi Richard,

I have a GU and am content with it. I had a T-Tail AND reflexor -
I removed
the T-Tail as I felt they were redundant.

If I were about to start construction, I would build an LS1. The
VG's work
on the GU but they aren't pretty - would rather have an LS1 so I
didn't need
to worry about them (plus cleaning around them is a nuisance).

Jon Finley
N314JF - Q2 - Subaru EJ-22 Legacy
Mid-Valley Airpark, Los Lunas, NM


-----Original Message-----
From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...]On
Behalf Of
viggenbuilder2
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 3:22 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] GU Canards flying


Hi Guys,

I'm sure that someone has probably asked this before but how many GU
canards are still flying as against how many have converted to LS1.
Does anyone have any info ? And are there any GU guys who would not
change to LS1 and why ? Are those GU guys using LeGare Tail or
Reflex ?

Richard Thomson
TriQ G-BMFN
UK.


Engine Questions (was: New Quickie builder)

Mike Perry <dmperry1012@...>
 

Robert Bounds mentioned the HKS as a four stroke alternative to the Rotax
503. Has anyone considered a half-VW in the Quickie? What about the
Jabiru 2200 (~120 #)?

For that matter, has anyone looked at a J-2200 in the Q-2? More
horsepower, less weight, what's not to like?

Bounds is correct about the cost of the HKS and Jabiru -- Exchange rate is
against us right now.

Mike Perry


At 12:38 PM 1/13/2007 Robert Bounds wrote

Yup, HKS. Big bucks, though.
Bounds
At 01:58 PM 1/13/2007 +0000, Mike Gifford wrote:

Thanks for the two stroke tip guys. I didn't think of that aspect. Is
there a comparable 4 stroke option that falls within weight
requirements?


Flight Report

Mike Dwyer <mdwyer@...>
 

What a beautiful day we had in Florida. 82 degrees, clear skys- a high cloud layer in central Florida. Fired up the Q200 for a lunch flight with the wife to Lakeland (KLAL). 10mph crosswind component from the right on take off, no problem. Flew the new Tampa Class B bridge and the controllers were friendly but busy. My buds in the Velocity went around Tampa so we beat them to Lakeland. Had a nice lunch and fired up for the return trip to KPIE. Back at PIE we heard another friend landing behind us in his brand new Skybolt. Turns out he has 10 hours on it already. Of course we had to all run out to judge his landing. Another squeaker.
Get your plane done and join us!
Mike Q200


Alternator ramblings for the slow winter months

LJFrench <LJFrench@...>
 

I have had some inquiries into the alternator article I submitted to Q-Talk and couldn't remember if I had posted a link to the group or not. Anyway, the chatter is kind of slow so thought I'd forward.

http://users.wildblue.net/LJFrench/The%20Airplane/Alternator%20Conversion/alternatorconversionpublish.html

Lynn French
Tri-Q200 flying and other non-flying Q's


Re: New Quickie builder

Jon Finley <jon@...>
 

Yup, Bounds and Pat are right on the money. The other negative is that the
faster an airplane lands, the less fun engine out landings become.
Two-strokes are not known for super-high reliability. However; I certainly
recognize that they have come a very long way in this regard in the last
10-15 years.

I think the answer to your engine question probably depends on the
conditions under which you fly. If you are a big boy and based at a high
elevation, the Onan won't do. If super small and at sea-level, an Onan
might be the right answer. There are a number of small four-strokes
available and there is always the VW (built light). I would never install a
503 in a Q1 again but if you just want a pattern airplane and you fly out of
an Edwards AFB type place (where an engine out from anywhere is not a
problem), then it might be just fine for you.

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...]On Behalf Of
Robert Bounds
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 11:28 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Re: New Quickie builder


Ryan,
I'll jump in here since I used to fly a "Super Quickie". What Jon means is
that the torque curve on a 2-stroke is not ideal for use on a fast plane.
If you get enough pitch in the prop to cruise at a decent speed, it has too
much pitch to let the 2-stroke get up into the rpm range where it makes
decent power at takeoff speeds. You get pretty decent power up to about 40
mph at which point the prop starts to "unstall" and really hook up with the
air. On a 4-stroke engine you'll feel this as a slight decrease in rpm and
a surge in accelleration. With the 2-stroke, it can pull the engine down
out of its powerband (which is fairly narrow on a 2-stroke) and you get the
dreaded "bog". The engine actually slows down about the time you want to
lift off and makes very low power and your behind puckers waaaayyyy up and
you say bad things about Mr. Rotax and plead and pray and eventually you
build enough speed, the Rotax wakes up and away you go. Another exciting
takeoff! I event
ually overcame this problem by running a fairly short prop, extending the
exhaust 2" (blasphemy to 2-stroke guys) and messing with the jetting to get
it to match the exhaust timing I now had. It involved some scary trial and
error since I think I was the first to try this but it worked out okay. All
that said, Jon's right, the 2-stroke is not ideal but doable. (Man, do they
haul *** when they are up and running hard, though)
Bounds


Re: New Quickie builder

Robert Bounds
 

Yup, HKS. Big bucks, though.
Bounds

----- Original Message -----
From: aerofxinc
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2007 6:58 AM
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: New Quickie builder


Thanks for the two stroke tip guys. I didn't think of that aspect. Is
there a comparable 4 stroke option that falls within weight
requirements?


New Tri-Q Project for Sale at QBA web site

Doug Humble <hawkidoug@...>
 

I just added a Tri-Q project for sale at the QBA web site. Check it and other items for sale at:

http://quickiebuilders.org/forsale.html

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
A Sign Above www.asignabove.net
Omaha NE
N25974


Re: New Quickie builder

aerofxinc <aerofxinc@...>
 

Thanks for the two stroke tip guys. I didn't think of that aspect. Is
there a comparable 4 stroke option that falls within weight
requirements?


Re: tri-q pics

Doug Humble <hawkidoug@...>
 

You couldn't just say "nice looking airplane" and leave it alone, could you Sam? I had to take a second look and I believe you have a point. If you take your hand off the stick to reach over to tune the radios, you will at least be turning to the right when you get done. If, as you say, you can reach them with the harness on.

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
A Sign Above www.asignabove.net
Omaha NE
N25974

----- Original Message -----
From: Sam Hoskins
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 6:30 PM
Subject: RE: [Q-LIST] tri-q pics


Bob, your plane looks nice. However, I'm not sure about the ergonomics.
The stick looks too tall. I fly mine with my right forearm resting on the
center console.

Also, how are you going to tune your radios with them installed all the way
over to the right? I think it would be impossible with your shoulder
harness on. Maybe there's something I am missing here.

Sam Hoskins

Murphysboro, IL

_____

From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...] On Behalf Of
Jon Finley
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 8:12 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: RE: [Q-LIST] tri-q pics

Very sharp looking airplane Bob!

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Q-LIST@yahoogroups. <mailto:Q-LIST%40yahoogroups.com> com
[mailto:Q-LIST@yahoogroups. <mailto:Q-LIST%40yahoogroups.com> com]On Behalf
Of
robert clark
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:08 PM
To: Q-List@yahoogroups. <mailto:Q-List%40yahoogroups.com> com
Subject: [Q-LIST] tri-q pics

Posted a few pics of my tri-q on the yahoo site. Hope to be ready to go by
spring.
Stay safe
Bob Clark

http://ph.groups.
<http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/photos/browse/d7fa>
yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/photos/browse/d7fa


AirVenture forum

Doug Humble <hawkidoug@...>
 

Yep! You read the subject line correctly!

I just received the paperwork to schedule the forum at Oshkosh this year and it needs to be turned in by March 1st. I will not be able to host the forum this year as I plan to bring my 7 year old son to AirVenture for the 1st time. This means I will not be staying as long as I have in the past either. Normally the forum has been on Friday afternoon and last year when I requested an earlier day of the week and different time slot, I got Friday afternoon. When I called to see if I could get it changed, the answer was no. So, would anyone like to host the forum at AirVenture this year?

I also asked last year if there was a smaller venue and the answer to that question was no. I think we have about 30 to 40 people show up at the forum the last two years. Any alternative ideas would be entertained.

Thanks!

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
A Sign Above www.asignabove.net
Omaha NE
N25974


Re: tri-q pics

Mike Dwyer <mdwyer@...>
 

Well, as long as we are commenting... My seatback bulkhead allows access to the area above the main wing. I've found it quite handy for storing my ELT, charts, visors, in flight lunches... Looks like a pretty plane Bob.
Happy Flying,
Mike


Sam Hoskins wrote:

Bob, your plane looks nice. However, I'm not sure about the ergonomics.
The stick looks too tall. I fly mine with my right forearm resting on the
center console.


Also, how are you going to tune your radios with them installed all the way
over to the right? I think it would be impossible with your shoulder
harness on. Maybe there's something I am missing here.


Sam Hoskins

Murphysboro, IL


_____
From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...] On Behalf Of
Jon Finley
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 8:12 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: RE: [Q-LIST] tri-q pics


Very sharp looking airplane Bob!

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Q-LIST@yahoogroups. <mailto:Q-LIST%40yahoogroups.com> com
[mailto:Q-LIST@yahoogroups. <mailto:Q-LIST%40yahoogroups.com> com]On Behalf
Of
robert clark
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:08 PM
To: Q-List@yahoogroups. <mailto:Q-List%40yahoogroups.com> com
Subject: [Q-LIST] tri-q pics

Posted a few pics of my tri-q on the yahoo site. Hope to be ready to go by
spring.
Stay safe
Bob Clark

http://ph.groups.
<http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/photos/browse/d7fa>
yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/photos/browse/d7fa







Quickie Builders Association WEB site
http://www.quickiebuilders.org

Yahoo! Groups Links






Re: tri-q pics

Sam Hoskins <shoskins@...>
 

Bob, your plane looks nice. However, I'm not sure about the ergonomics.
The stick looks too tall. I fly mine with my right forearm resting on the
center console.



Also, how are you going to tune your radios with them installed all the way
over to the right? I think it would be impossible with your shoulder
harness on. Maybe there's something I am missing here.



Sam Hoskins

Murphysboro, IL



_____

From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...] On Behalf Of
Jon Finley
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 8:12 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: RE: [Q-LIST] tri-q pics



Very sharp looking airplane Bob!

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Q-LIST@yahoogroups. <mailto:Q-LIST%40yahoogroups.com> com
[mailto:Q-LIST@yahoogroups. <mailto:Q-LIST%40yahoogroups.com> com]On Behalf
Of
robert clark
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:08 PM
To: Q-List@yahoogroups. <mailto:Q-List%40yahoogroups.com> com
Subject: [Q-LIST] tri-q pics

Posted a few pics of my tri-q on the yahoo site. Hope to be ready to go by
spring.
Stay safe
Bob Clark

http://ph.groups.
<http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/photos/browse/d7fa>
yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/photos/browse/d7fa


Re: New Quickie builder

Patrick Panzera <panzera@...>
 

Anyone who's ridden two-stroke dirt bikes will agree here.

The biggest difference though is that when your bike hits the "bog" you can
grab a lower gear or fan the clutch to get the engine to come "on the pipe".
Not so easy with an airplane.

Some bike's I've ridden have such a narrow band that it's almost like an
on-off switch before and after the magical RPM (more so before than after).

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...] On Behalf Of
Robert Bounds
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 10:28 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Re: New Quickie builder

Ryan,
I'll jump in here since I used to fly a "Super Quickie". What Jon means
is that the torque curve on a 2-stroke is not ideal for use on a fast
plane. If you get enough pitch in the prop to cruise at a decent speed,
it has too much pitch to let the 2-stroke get up into the rpm range where
it makes decent power at takeoff speeds. You get pretty decent power up
to about 40 mph at which point the prop starts to "unstall" and really
hook up with the air. On a 4-stroke engine you'll feel this as a slight
decrease in rpm and a surge in accelleration. With the 2-stroke, it can
pull the engine down out of its powerband (which is fairly narrow on a 2-
stroke) and you get the dreaded "bog". The engine actually slows down
about the time you want to lift off and makes very low power and your
behind puckers waaaayyyy up and you say bad things about Mr. Rotax and
plead and pray and eventually you build enough speed, the Rotax wakes up
and away you go. Another exciting takeoff! I eventually overcame this
problem by running a fairly short prop, extending the exhaust 2"
(blasphemy to 2-stroke guys) and messing with the jetting to get it to
match the exhaust timing I now had. It involved some scary trial and
error since I think I was the first to try this but it worked out okay.
All that said, Jon's right, the 2-stroke is not ideal but doable. (Man,
do they haul *** when they are up and running hard, though)
Bounds
Jon,

What do you mean by:
"If you haven't flown a fast airplane with a two-stroke" ?

Ryan
N2XV - Tri-Q1 - 1835cc VW
EAA Ch.14 -(SDM) San Diego,CA.


Re: New Quickie builder

Robert Bounds
 

Ryan,
I'll jump in here since I used to fly a "Super Quickie". What Jon means is that the torque curve on a 2-stroke is not ideal for use on a fast plane. If you get enough pitch in the prop to cruise at a decent speed, it has too much pitch to let the 2-stroke get up into the rpm range where it makes decent power at takeoff speeds. You get pretty decent power up to about 40 mph at which point the prop starts to "unstall" and really hook up with the air. On a 4-stroke engine you'll feel this as a slight decrease in rpm and a surge in accelleration. With the 2-stroke, it can pull the engine down out of its powerband (which is fairly narrow on a 2-stroke) and you get the dreaded "bog". The engine actually slows down about the time you want to lift off and makes very low power and your behind puckers waaaayyyy up and you say bad things about Mr. Rotax and plead and pray and eventually you build enough speed, the Rotax wakes up and away you go. Another exciting takeoff! I eventually overcame this problem by running a fairly short prop, extending the exhaust 2" (blasphemy to 2-stroke guys) and messing with the jetting to get it to match the exhaust timing I now had. It involved some scary trial and error since I think I was the first to try this but it worked out okay. All that said, Jon's right, the 2-stroke is not ideal but doable. (Man, do they haul *** when they are up and running hard, though)
Bounds
Jon,

What do you mean by:
"If you haven't flown a fast airplane with a two-stroke" ?

Ryan
N2XV - Tri-Q1 - 1835cc VW
EAA Ch.14 -(SDM) San Diego,CA.

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Jon Finley" <jon@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Welcome to the group.
>
> Yes, the Rotax is an option. There have been quite a few fly with
a Rotax
> 503. This has been labeled as the "Super Quickie". Grab a copy
of the
> SuperQ.pdf file in the files section for full details.
>
> I flew my Quickie with a 503 for a couple hundred hours and must
warn you
> that a 503 is a two-stroke. If you haven't flown a fast airplane
with a
> two-stroke you may want to do some reading in the archives - I
didn't find
> it to be an ideal match (it does work though).
>
> Jon Finley
> N314JF - Q2 - Subaru EJ-22 Legacy
> Mid-Valley Airpark (E98), Los Lunas, NM
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...]On
Behalf Of
> aerofxinc
> Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 7:40 AM
> To: Q-LIST@...
> Subject: [Q-LIST] New Quickie builder
>
>
> Hello everyone. My name is Mike Gifford and I'm new to the group. I
> came into posession of a quickie about a year ago. The previous
owner
> bought it as a flying craft and quickly removed the original
engine in
> order to use the aircraft as a platform for a new prototype
engine. A
> divorce derailed his plans and I now have the plane. I'm in search
of a
> couple of things; 1. I know there are many resources about the
plane
> avaiable but I'm interested in the best overall reading material
etc.
> to get an understanding of the airplane and what I can expect. 2.
I've
> discussed with the previous owner about mounting a Rotax 50 hp
engine
> on the aircraft. Is this a viable option taking into account weight
> restrictions? As you can see, perhaps if I had the answer to item
1 I
> could probably determine item 2. I want to begin the process of
> reviving this craft and need some direction on starting points. As
for
> my experience... 20 years sheet metal starting with the Air force
and
> continuing into GA. I just recently sold an FBO business I have
had for
> the last 7 years and I am an aircraft painter. I'm very excited
about
> this project as I think the Quickie is a sexy canvas to showcase
some
> extreme refinishing. Any input to get the journey started would be
> appreciated.
>


Re: tri-q pics

Doug Humble <hawkidoug@...>
 

Good looking Tri-Q Bob!

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
A Sign Above www.asignabove.net
Omaha NE
N25974

----- Original Message -----
From: robert clark
To: Q-List@...
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 11:07 PM
Subject: [Q-LIST] tri-q pics


Posted a few pics of my tri-q on the yahoo site. Hope to be ready to go by spring.
Stay safe
Bob Clark

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/photos/browse/d7fa

---------------------------------
Finding fabulous fares is fun.
Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.


Re: New Quickie builder

Tri-Q1 <rryan@...>
 

Jon,

What do you mean by:
"If you haven't flown a fast airplane with a two-stroke" ?

Ryan
N2XV - Tri-Q1 - 1835cc VW
EAA Ch.14 -(SDM) San Diego,CA.


--- In Q-LIST@..., "Jon Finley" <jon@...> wrote:

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the group.

Yes, the Rotax is an option. There have been quite a few fly with
a Rotax
503. This has been labeled as the "Super Quickie". Grab a copy
of the
SuperQ.pdf file in the files section for full details.

I flew my Quickie with a 503 for a couple hundred hours and must
warn you
that a 503 is a two-stroke. If you haven't flown a fast airplane
with a
two-stroke you may want to do some reading in the archives - I
didn't find
it to be an ideal match (it does work though).

Jon Finley
N314JF - Q2 - Subaru EJ-22 Legacy
Mid-Valley Airpark (E98), Los Lunas, NM




-----Original Message-----
From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...]On
Behalf Of
aerofxinc
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 7:40 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] New Quickie builder


Hello everyone. My name is Mike Gifford and I'm new to the group. I
came into posession of a quickie about a year ago. The previous
owner
bought it as a flying craft and quickly removed the original
engine in
order to use the aircraft as a platform for a new prototype
engine. A
divorce derailed his plans and I now have the plane. I'm in search
of a
couple of things; 1. I know there are many resources about the
plane
avaiable but I'm interested in the best overall reading material
etc.
to get an understanding of the airplane and what I can expect. 2.
I've
discussed with the previous owner about mounting a Rotax 50 hp
engine
on the aircraft. Is this a viable option taking into account weight
restrictions? As you can see, perhaps if I had the answer to item
1 I
could probably determine item 2. I want to begin the process of
reviving this craft and need some direction on starting points. As
for
my experience... 20 years sheet metal starting with the Air force
and
continuing into GA. I just recently sold an FBO business I have
had for
the last 7 years and I am an aircraft painter. I'm very excited
about
this project as I think the Quickie is a sexy canvas to showcase
some
extreme refinishing. Any input to get the journey started would be
appreciated.


Re: tri-q pics

Ron Triano <rondefly@...>
 

Yes Bob, it really looks good.



Ron Triano

Working on Q200, Sonerai Flying

http://bld01.ipowerweb.com/contentmanagement/websites/rtrianoc/page10.html



From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...] On Behalf Of
Jon Finley
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 6:12 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: RE: [Q-LIST] tri-q pics



Very sharp looking airplane Bob!

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Q-LIST@... <mailto:Q-LIST%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:Q-LIST@... <mailto:Q-LIST%40yahoogroups.com> ]On Behalf
Of
robert clark
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:08 PM
To: Q-List@... <mailto:Q-List%40yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Q-LIST] tri-q pics

Posted a few pics of my tri-q on the yahoo site. Hope to be ready to go by
spring.
Stay safe
Bob Clark

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/photos/browse/d7fa


Re: tri-q pics

Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...>
 

Bob,
If the weather gets better I will have to fly down and see you. If I
make it down before by car, I will call.
I have gotten a new computer, and have lost your phone number.
Please contact me off list with your number.

Kevin Boddicker
Tri Q 200 N7868B 44.5 hours
Luana, IA.

On Jan 11, 2007, at 11:07 PM, robert clark wrote:

Posted a few pics of my tri-q on the yahoo site. Hope to be ready
to go by spring.
Stay safe
Bob Clark

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/photos/browse/d7fa

---------------------------------
Finding fabulous fares is fun.
Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find
flight and hotel bargains.