Date   

Re: Cheap Q2

Pat Weaver
 

Not the turbo Revmaster, in one of the discussions be said he was selling plans, manuals and other stuff for $500 and had another Revmaster motor for $50. May have been an oops, but that's what was posted


On Sat, Dec 7, 2019, 8:14 AM Patrick Panzera <editor@...> wrote:
Where does it say he's selling the engine for $50?

On Sat, Dec 7, 2019, 3:32 AM Pat Weaver <pweaver311@...> wrote:
Id like to at least purchase the Revmaster engine for$50. If we can't figure out shipping I will pick it up or lose $50 and you can resell it. I'm ok with that. Either way I would at least like to purchase the Revmaster engine. Thank you in advance.

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019, 8:31 PM Pat Weaver via Groups.Io <pweaver311=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is the. $50 Revmaster motor able to be crated? I would gladly pay the shipping if I didn't end up with the Turbo Q2 

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019, 3:30 PM larry severson <larry2@...> wrote:

$4500 on trailer with Turbo Revmaster and 3 blade Warp Drive prop and manuals. (Not LS1)

 

Recovering my medical will cost too much.

Plane has only 17 HRS, but handles well. I did not fully get the heat problems solved.

 

 

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852

 

The solution to a problem simply works,

But the correct solution works simply.

 

 


Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Q-List] Cheap Q2 Here the Revmaster is $50

Gene Emmerich <gene.emmerich@...>
 

ATTENTION: This email originated from outside of GM.


 

Cost $500, includes original manual.

Revmaster engine available for $50.

I have lots more.

Everything is at KCNO (Chino airport)

 

 

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852

 

The solution to a problem simply works,

But the correct solution works simply.

 

 

From: main@Q-List.groups.io [mailto:main@Q-List.groups.io] On Behalf Of Patrick Panzera
Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2019 7:15 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Q-List] Cheap Q2

 

ATTENTION: This email originated from outside of GM.


 

Where does it say he's selling the engine for $50?

 

On Sat, Dec 7, 2019, 3:32 AM Pat Weaver <pweaver311@...> wrote:

Id like to at least purchase the Revmaster engine for$50. If we can't figure out shipping I will pick it up or lose $50 and you can resell it. I'm ok with that. Either way I would at least like to purchase the Revmaster engine. Thank you in advance.

 

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019, 8:31 PM Pat Weaver via Groups.Io <pweaver311=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Is the. $50 Revmaster motor able to be crated? I would gladly pay the shipping if I didn't end up with the Turbo Q2 

 

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019, 3:30 PM larry severson <larry2@...> wrote:

$4500 on trailer with Turbo Revmaster and 3 blade Warp Drive prop and manuals. (Not LS1)

 

Recovering my medical will cost too much.

Plane has only 17 HRS, but handles well. I did not fully get the heat problems solved.

 

 

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852

 

The solution to a problem simply works,

But the correct solution works simply.

 

 



Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.


Re: Cheap Q2

Patrick Panzera
 

Where does it say he's selling the engine for $50?


On Sat, Dec 7, 2019, 3:32 AM Pat Weaver <pweaver311@...> wrote:
Id like to at least purchase the Revmaster engine for$50. If we can't figure out shipping I will pick it up or lose $50 and you can resell it. I'm ok with that. Either way I would at least like to purchase the Revmaster engine. Thank you in advance.

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019, 8:31 PM Pat Weaver via Groups.Io <pweaver311=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is the. $50 Revmaster motor able to be crated? I would gladly pay the shipping if I didn't end up with the Turbo Q2 

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019, 3:30 PM larry severson <larry2@...> wrote:

$4500 on trailer with Turbo Revmaster and 3 blade Warp Drive prop and manuals. (Not LS1)

 

Recovering my medical will cost too much.

Plane has only 17 HRS, but handles well. I did not fully get the heat problems solved.

 

 

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852

 

The solution to a problem simply works,

But the correct solution works simply.

 

 


Re: Cheap Q2

Pat Weaver
 

Id like to at least purchase the Revmaster engine for$50. If we can't figure out shipping I will pick it up or lose $50 and you can resell it. I'm ok with that. Either way I would at least like to purchase the Revmaster engine. Thank you in advance.


On Fri, Dec 6, 2019, 8:31 PM Pat Weaver via Groups.Io <pweaver311=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is the. $50 Revmaster motor able to be crated? I would gladly pay the shipping if I didn't end up with the Turbo Q2 

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019, 3:30 PM larry severson <larry2@...> wrote:

$4500 on trailer with Turbo Revmaster and 3 blade Warp Drive prop and manuals. (Not LS1)

 

Recovering my medical will cost too much.

Plane has only 17 HRS, but handles well. I did not fully get the heat problems solved.

 

 

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852

 

The solution to a problem simply works,

But the correct solution works simply.

 

 


Re: Cheap Q2

Pat Weaver
 

Is the. $50 Revmaster motor able to be crated? I would gladly pay the shipping if I didn't end up with the Turbo Q2 


On Thu, Dec 5, 2019, 3:30 PM larry severson <larry2@...> wrote:

$4500 on trailer with Turbo Revmaster and 3 blade Warp Drive prop and manuals. (Not LS1)

 

Recovering my medical will cost too much.

Plane has only 17 HRS, but handles well. I did not fully get the heat problems solved.

 

 

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852

 

The solution to a problem simply works,

But the correct solution works simply.

 

 


Re: Cheap Q2

Pat Weaver
 

Does it have dual controls? Or at least rudder pedals on both sides? What kind of braking system does it have?


On Thu, Dec 5, 2019, 3:30 PM larry severson <larry2@...> wrote:

$4500 on trailer with Turbo Revmaster and 3 blade Warp Drive prop and manuals. (Not LS1)

 

Recovering my medical will cost too much.

Plane has only 17 HRS, but handles well. I did not fully get the heat problems solved.

 

 

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852

 

The solution to a problem simply works,

But the correct solution works simply.

 

 


Re: Airspace rules

 

Larry,
Thank you for forwarding this slide presentation. Your timing
couldn't have been better.
I just did my biennial flight review Tuesday and will be doing the
ground part in a few days.
Excellent material for a rusty ole bugger.
Thanks again
Welsh, Q-1 N494K

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 6:54 PM Larry Severson <larry2@...> wrote:

Things that the typical school does not teach.





Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA 92708

(714) 968-9852



The solution to a problem simply works,

But the correct solution works simply.






Airspace rules

Larry Severson
 

Things that the typical school does not teach.

 

 

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852

 

The solution to a problem simply works,

But the correct solution works simply.

 

 


Re: cheapest

Larry Severson
 

Yes, as is at KCNO (Chino airport, CA)

 

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of quickieq2uk via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, December 5, 2019 12:52 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] cheapest

 

Are you selling this Larry?

 



On 5 Dec 2019, at 19:42, larry severson <larry2@...> wrote:



Cost $500, includes original manual.

Revmaster engine available for $50.

I have lots more.

Everything is at KCNO (Chino airport)

 

 

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852

 

The solution to a problem simply works,

But the correct solution works simply.

 

 

<cheapest.pdf>


Re: cheapest

quickieq2uk
 

Are you selling this Larry?


On 5 Dec 2019, at 19:42, larry severson <larry2@...> wrote:



Cost $500, includes original manual.

Revmaster engine available for $50.

I have lots more.

Everything is at KCNO (Chino airport)

 

 

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852

 

The solution to a problem simply works,

But the correct solution works simply.

 

 

<cheapest.pdf>


Cheap Q2

Larry Severson
 

$4500 on trailer with Turbo Revmaster and 3 blade Warp Drive prop and manuals. (Not LS1)

 

Recovering my medical will cost too much.

Plane has only 17 HRS, but handles well. I did not fully get the heat problems solved.

 

 

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852

 

The solution to a problem simply works,

But the correct solution works simply.

 

 


Re: cheapest

ryan goodman
 

I sent you a text message larry


On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 12:47, Paul Poulsen
<paul.poulsen1957@...> wrote:
Tempting, even given the trip to the US to pick it up.
:)


On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 6:42 AM larry severson <larry2@...> wrote:

Cost $500, includes original manual.

Revmaster engine available for $50.

I have lots more.

Everything is at KCNO (Chino airport)

 

 

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852

 

The solution to a problem simply works,

But the correct solution works simply.

 

 



--


Re: cheapest

Paul Poulsen
 

Tempting, even given the trip to the US to pick it up.
:)


On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 6:42 AM larry severson <larry2@...> wrote:

Cost $500, includes original manual.

Revmaster engine available for $50.

I have lots more.

Everything is at KCNO (Chino airport)

 

 

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852

 

The solution to a problem simply works,

But the correct solution works simply.

 

 



--


cheapest

Larry Severson
 

Cost $500, includes original manual.

Revmaster engine available for $50.

I have lots more.

Everything is at KCNO (Chino airport)

 

 

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852

 

The solution to a problem simply works,

But the correct solution works simply.

 

 


Re: Q2/200 configurations

 

Thanks for all the good info to everyone!

Mike


On Dec 2, 2019, at 9:48 PM, n7000t via Groups.Io <n7000t@...> wrote:

Thanks for digging!

Mike


On Dec 2, 2019, at 8:56 PM, Michael <dunningme@...> wrote:

The Q-Talk article describing the JimBob 6-pack can be found here: http://www.quickheads.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1165:q-talk-108-the-jim-bob-6-pack&catid=48&Itemid=101

I went through it in August as I was baselining the current work completed on my airframe. Voice of zero experience here, but perusing this list, the archives, and Sam's new and old blogs led me to believe the following revisions may be in order:

1. The bellcrank can be eliminated for the Hoskins setup, reducing weight, build time, and complexity (esp. if combined with the plans quick disconnect). To finish rigging my current bellcrank I think I'll have to wear the tailcone as a hat. Not looking forward to annuals either.
2. The LaRue brake mod is good but superceded by the Coughlin/Hoskins mounting. If reports that you can reuse the stock mounts and wheel covers are true then that's more build time saved. Grainger now sells threaded hollow steel rod of the correct size, making construction of the Coughlin version much easier.
3. The full-swivel tailwheel is nice to have but *potentially* unnecessary (or at least a decision/modification that can be deferred).
4. The Gall wheel alignment must also be completed as the 7th item on a taildragger, especially if operating at high gross weights (the existing alignment problem gets progressively worse as weight increases).
5. Having some sort of independent hydraulic brakes is more important than them strictly being the Matco-type toe brakes called out in the article. I considered heel brakes as a compromise to keep my hands free but a simple bungee rope parking brake across both finger levers may adequately solve the problem...

My aircraft currently has the entire 6-pack and Gall alignment completed per the earlier link, except for retaining a stock tailwheel. I intend to revisit items 1, 2, 3, and 5 *after* flying the 40 hours and revising my opinion then (so JP/MD/JM don't burn me at the stake).

--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)


Re: Q2/200 configurations

 

Thanks for digging!

Mike


On Dec 2, 2019, at 8:56 PM, Michael <dunningme@...> wrote:

The Q-Talk article describing the JimBob 6-pack can be found here: http://www.quickheads.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1165:q-talk-108-the-jim-bob-6-pack&catid=48&Itemid=101

I went through it in August as I was baselining the current work completed on my airframe. Voice of zero experience here, but perusing this list, the archives, and Sam's new and old blogs led me to believe the following revisions may be in order:

1. The bellcrank can be eliminated for the Hoskins setup, reducing weight, build time, and complexity (esp. if combined with the plans quick disconnect). To finish rigging my current bellcrank I think I'll have to wear the tailcone as a hat. Not looking forward to annuals either.
2. The LaRue brake mod is good but superceded by the Coughlin/Hoskins mounting. If reports that you can reuse the stock mounts and wheel covers are true then that's more build time saved. Grainger now sells threaded hollow steel rod of the correct size, making construction of the Coughlin version much easier.
3. The full-swivel tailwheel is nice to have but *potentially* unnecessary (or at least a decision/modification that can be deferred).
4. The Gall wheel alignment must also be completed as the 7th item on a taildragger, especially if operating at high gross weights (the existing alignment problem gets progressively worse as weight increases).
5. Having some sort of independent hydraulic brakes is more important than them strictly being the Matco-type toe brakes called out in the article. I considered heel brakes as a compromise to keep my hands free but a simple bungee rope parking brake across both finger levers may adequately solve the problem...

My aircraft currently has the entire 6-pack and Gall alignment completed per the earlier link, except for retaining a stock tailwheel. I intend to revisit items 1, 2, 3, and 5 *after* flying the 40 hours and revising my opinion then (so JP/MD/JM don't burn me at the stake).

--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)


Re: Q2/200 configurations

Michael Dunning
 

The Q-Talk article describing the JimBob 6-pack can be found here: http://www.quickheads.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1165:q-talk-108-the-jim-bob-6-pack&catid=48&Itemid=101

I went through it in August as I was baselining the current work completed on my airframe. Voice of zero experience here, but perusing this list, the archives, and Sam's new and old blogs led me to believe the following revisions may be in order:

1. The bellcrank can be eliminated for the Hoskins setup, reducing weight, build time, and complexity (esp. if combined with the plans quick disconnect). To finish rigging my current bellcrank I think I'll have to wear the tailcone as a hat. Not looking forward to annuals either.
2. The LaRue brake mod is good but superceded by the Coughlin/Hoskins mounting. If reports that you can reuse the stock mounts and wheel covers are true then that's more build time saved. Grainger now sells threaded hollow steel rod of the correct size, making construction of the Coughlin version much easier.
3. The full-swivel tailwheel is nice to have but *potentially* unnecessary (or at least a decision/modification that can be deferred).
4. The Gall wheel alignment must also be completed as the 7th item on a taildragger, especially if operating at high gross weights (the existing alignment problem gets progressively worse as weight increases).
5. Having some sort of independent hydraulic brakes is more important than them strictly being the Matco-type toe brakes called out in the article. I considered heel brakes as a compromise to keep my hands free but a simple bungee rope parking brake across both finger levers may adequately solve the problem...

My aircraft currently has the entire 6-pack and Gall alignment completed per the earlier link, except for retaining a stock tailwheel. I intend to revisit items 1, 2, 3, and 5 *after* flying the 40 hours and revising my opinion then (so JP/MD/JM don't burn me at the stake).

--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)


Re: Q2/200 configurations

Larry Severson
 

I put dual cylinder finger brakes for that directional control.

 

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sam Hoskins
Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 10:11 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Q2/200 configurations

 

The problem with the single pull brake is a safety issue.  If the tailspring should break, you lose all directional control. With differential brakes you would be able to keep steering the aircraft. 

 

When I had around 1,000 hours on my Q-200, I was getting my BFR and the tailspring broke.  I had the per-plans installation. So, touching down at 70 mph and no steering available.  We went off the runway and I forced a groundloop my throwing the control stick to the right. Adverse yaw induced the groundloop. The left wheelpant broke off and bounced off the canopy.  The resulting prop strike trashed the prob and bent the crankshaft.  And, I didn't even get my BFR signed off!

 

So, during the repair I installed differential braking and split the cables so an independent cable is connected to the rudder and to the tailwheel.

 

Of course, if I had a tailspring that didn't break, the problem wouldn't have happened, but that's another topic.

 

Aside  from the loss of control issue, I like differential braking a lot more than single pull.  You can turn a tighter corner and generally have better control on the ground.

 

Sam

#tailspring #brakes #gallalignment

 

pic2.JPG

brakes.jpg

 

 

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 11:44 AM John Hoxie via Groups.Io <hoxdesigns=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I built mine per the revised plan with the single handbrake. I know I can't do differential braking. Is that going to be a very big deal? I mounted the master cylinder to the pilot's side of the left console, bolts floxed through phenolic, because my left console is a fuel tank extension, like my other consoles. what if I put a selector valve near the master solenoid/brake lever where I choose L/BOTH/R brakes?

 

 

John Hoxie

He is no fool, who gives up what he can not keep, to gain what he can not loose -- Jim Elliot

 

 

On Monday, December 2, 2019, 10:18:23 AM MST, Jim Patillo <logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

 

 

Mike,

 

I think it’s a matter of personal preference based on whether you have toe brakes or finger brakes already installed And are flying with them. As a practical matter, toe brake cylinders are much harder to install and service and I think that deters  a lot of people. I love having toe brakes so my hands are free for other things. To each his own!

 

Also as Paul stated, if the tail rod brakes you still have total control of the rudders and brakes with our Jim/Bob bellcrank modification.

 

Jim

N46JP -Q200

19 years flying my Q

 

Sent from Outer Space


From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...>
Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 6:23:00 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Q2/200 configurations

 

All true.  The pivot in the tail cone splits to separate the rudder from the tail wheel.  Great control results from that mod!

Bruce 



On Dec 1, 2019, at 10:59 PM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:



Good point Bruce, thank you for adding that!  My mistake overlooking that point.  

 

However if you do the Jim/Bob six-pack with the pivot in the tailcone, I believe the toebrakes will continue to work even if you break the tailspring.

 

Paul

 

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019, 22:54 Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

I have toe brakes but Paul failed to mention if  you are a tail dragger and your tail spring breaks you won't have directional steering if you have toe brakes but finger brakes will still work.  Just and extra thing to think about.

Bruce

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Paul Fisher" <rv7a.n18pf@...>
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Q2/200 configurations
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 22:48:22 -0600

I have the dual finger brakes (~1600 hours over 29 years).  My master cylinders are just forward of the instrument panel where they are very easy to access.  I can't imagine having to climb down under the panel to work on them if I had toe brakes.

 

Bottom line is I like the finger brakes because of ease of maintenance (because you WILL have to maintain them!).  Operationally either will work fine.  

 

Paul Fisher

Q-200 N17PF

 

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019, 22:36 n7000t via Groups.Io <n7000t=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi everyone,
Could people weigh in on toe brakes versus the split lever brake system.
Maybe Sam Hoskins and Jim Patillo could weigh in as they seem to be on the opposite side of my question.
thanks in advance!

mike Q200wannabe 

 

 


Re: I am looking for a volunteer to help sort photos on the new Q-List.

Sam Hoskins
 

Thanks guys. We now have a volunteer and he is busy working on his new job. Thanks for everyone that stepped up and if we need someone else down the line I will certainly let you know.

Sam 

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019, 12:44 PM Sam Hoskins via Groups.Io <sam.hoskins=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello Gang.

I am looking for a volunteer to help sort photos on the this new Q-List.  You can see the existing mess here:  https://q-list.groups.io/g/main/photos 
 
When we transferred everything over, the photos were pretty jumbled but there is a way to organize it. I envision having a single Photo Album for each contributor.  Currently, there are over 100 photo albums on the site. We can cut this way down into a more practical manner.
 
I could do this myself, but I am a little bit tired of working on this Group List and thought maybe I could spread the pain around a little. I am looking for a volunteer to put some time in to transfer photos from one album to another.  I would collaborate with you on the phone, or via text or email.
 
The successful candidate should be a person who is very comfortable with computer stuff and who likes to spend lots of time trying to put each little thingy in the right place.
 
For extra credit we could do the same with the Tri-Q  and Performance lists as well.
 
I’m going to choose just one person for this coveted slot and it will be a short-term assignment. If you are interested, shoot me an email at sam.hoskins@..., along with your textable phone number.
 
Thanks.
 
Sam Hoskins


Re: Q2/200 configurations

Jay Scheevel
 

I have toe brakes, but that is standard for the Tri-gear. However, in anticipation of maintenance, I did two things. Both of these can be done on a taildragger, to the same effect.

1.  I created two ports in the sides of the fuselage for better access.

 

2.  I built the rudder pedals and brake assembly on a removable platform that bolts into the canard and firewall. Note the aluminum angle attached to the platform that allows brake cylinder angle adjustment. I also have a rudder trim servo attached, but that is a little overkill (https://youtu.be/sKq6PnsM8XU ). 

 

The platform approach gives the most flexibility if you need to do a brake cylinder replacement, or rudder assembly overhaul, or you wish to change the position of the rudder pedals easily, should there be a shorter pilot that takes over after I have had my fun.  

 

Pictures of both mods attached. The platform is held down by two bolts and two nuts (on studs mounted to the canard). The platform can be lifted outside the airplane through the port without disconnecting the brake lines if needed.

 

Cheers,

Jay N8WQ

 

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Matthew Curcio
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2019 12:26 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Q2/200 configurations

 

Toe brakes good

-Retain the use of your hands during, startup, taxi, and run up

-conventional arrangement, most people are accustomed To

Bad

-poor access for maintenance, installation, and inspection

-rudder pedals are not designed for the max pilot effort brake loads reacted by the master cylinders.

-some airplanes don’t have the space for the additional travel required.

- rudder pedal remains a single point of failure that would likely result in a loss of ground directional control

 

Finger brakes good

-easy access for installation, maintenance and inspection

- eliminates the rudder pedal and control circuit as a single point of failure resulting in a loss of ground directional control. (Note there are additional spf’s that would still likely result in a loss of ground directional control such as basically everything in the wheel and axle assemblies)

Bad

-atypical configuration requires a learning curve 

-complicates starting and run up as there is not a free hand available to manage the throttle.

 

 

I have the finger brakes and I’m very happy with them, however it is obnoxious during startup, and run up. Much of that could be eliminated if I installed a parking brake valve. I have a really nice finger brake module I designed that you can build entirely out of the airplane and then just glass in place with some tapes. It allows for easy removal and maintenance of all of the components. 

 

I don’t have the space for feet and brakes and I found the maintenance to be an issue. 

 

 

Matthew Curcio

419-290-3773

 



On Dec 2, 2019, at 06:23, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

 All true.  The pivot in the tail cone splits to separate the rudder from the tail wheel.  Great control results from that mod!

Bruce 



On Dec 1, 2019, at 10:59 PM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:



Good point Bruce, thank you for adding that!  My mistake overlooking that point.  

 

However if you do the Jim/Bob six-pack with the pivot in the tailcone, I believe the toebrakes will continue to work even if you break the tailspring.

 

Paul

 

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019, 22:54 Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

I have toe brakes but Paul failed to mention if  you are a tail dragger and your tail spring breaks you won't have directional steering if you have toe brakes but finger brakes will still work.  Just and extra thing to think about.

Bruce

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Paul Fisher" <rv7a.n18pf@...>
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Q2/200 configurations
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 22:48:22 -0600

I have the dual finger brakes (~1600 hours over 29 years).  My master cylinders are just forward of the instrument panel where they are very easy to access.  I can't imagine having to climb down under the panel to work on them if I had toe brakes.

 

Bottom line is I like the finger brakes because of ease of maintenance (because you WILL have to maintain them!).  Operationally either will work fine.  

 

Paul Fisher

Q-200 N17PF

 

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019, 22:36 n7000t via Groups.Io <n7000t=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi everyone,
Could people weigh in on toe brakes versus the split lever brake system.
Maybe Sam Hoskins and Jim Patillo could weigh in as they seem to be on the opposite side of my question.
thanks in advance!

mike Q200wannabe 

 

 

7061 - 7080 of 55461