Date   

Re: Reminder - First Zoom Meeting, featuring Kevin Boddicker, this Saturday

JMasal@...
 

Some Other Guy, INDEED !

J.


-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...>
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Sent: Sat, May 23, 2020 3:48 pm
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Reminder - First Zoom Meeting, featuring Kevin Boddicker, this Saturday

I hope to get it up loaded this evening. We have really slow internet service here and it's a large file so it will take a while to upload.

Sam 

On Sat, May 23, 2020, 12:23 PM Dan Thomas via groups.io <rv6dan=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
All,

Is there any chance this meeting got recorded and could be uploaded to YouTube later?

—Dan T




On Thursday, May 21, 2020, 7:08 AM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:
Please join Kevin Boddicker and myself for our first Q-List Zoom meeting, to take place at this Saturday, 9:00 am,  May 23, Central Daylight Savings Time, USA (GMT-5). Kevin will broadcast from his hangar in Decorah, Iowa, and give us a tour of his beautiful TriQ-200. The connection link is at the bottom of this email.
 
 
Zoom conferencing is supposed to work without using their app, but seems to function better with it installed. You can get the download here:
 
Here are some general guidelines.
 
    • Do not log in until 08:59.
    • Leave your mic on mute.  It is up to you if you want to use your video or not.
    • You may ask Kevin questions via the Zoom chat function. (Do not use your mic). You will send them to me, then I’ll pass on to Kevin. For more info: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203650445-In-Meeting-Chat 
    • Zoom automatically stops the meeting after 40 minutes have elapsed.
 
We are new to this, so please forgive the rough edges. 
 
Sam Hoskins is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
 
Topic: First Q-List Zoom meeting - featuring Kevin Boddicker
Time: May 23, 2020 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
 
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/73729060184?pwd=ZnVCNHZhZU84VXhOVWF6eWpjVGdHQT09
Meeting ID: 737 2906 0184
Password: 8HNNHS

Kevin is the handsome dude on the right. Some other guy is on the left.
 
 


Re: Reminder - First Zoom Meeting, featuring Kevin Boddicker, this Saturday

Rodney Herzig
 

I just watched the video of the Q-List’s First Zoom Meeting. I must say it came off without a hitch. A job well done to both Kevin and Sam. 

Thanks for sharing,
Rod Herzig


On May 24, 2020, at 6:14 AM, Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...> wrote:

 When W&B were done it was 747#. 
As with everything, it has gained a few pounds.

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B 510 hrs
Luana, IA.



On May 23, 2020, at 9:38 AM, Theo Scheepers <theo.intermark@...> wrote:

Thanks for the meeting Sam 👍
Just one question , what’s the empty weight of the aircraft
Regards 
Theo


On 21 May 2020, at 16:31, Ryszard Zadow <ryszardzadow@...> wrote:


Sam Hoskins plz call me

832 428 5864 

Ryszard 

On May 21, 2020, at 09:06, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:


Please join Kevin Boddicker and myself for our first Q-List Zoom meeting, to take place at this Saturday, 9:00 am,  May 23, Central Daylight Savings Time, USA (GMT-5). Kevin will broadcast from his hangar in Decorah, Iowa, and give us a tour of his beautiful TriQ-200. The connection link is at the bottom of this email.
 
 
Zoom conferencing is supposed to work without using their app, but seems to function better with it installed. You can get the download here:
 
Here are some general guidelines.
 
    • Do not log in until 08:59.
    • Leave your mic on mute.  It is up to you if you want to use your video or not.
    • You may ask Kevin questions via the Zoom chat function. (Do not use your mic). You will send them to me, then I’ll pass on to Kevin. For more info: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203650445-In-Meeting-Chat 
    • Zoom automatically stops the meeting after 40 minutes have elapsed.
 
We are new to this, so please forgive the rough edges. 
 
Sam Hoskins is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
 
Topic: First Q-List Zoom meeting - featuring Kevin Boddicker
Time: May 23, 2020 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
 
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/73729060184?pwd=ZnVCNHZhZU84VXhOVWF6eWpjVGdHQT09
Meeting ID: 737 2906 0184
Password: 8HNNHS

Kevin is the handsome dude on the right. Some other guy is on the left.
 
<2012-09-08 09.50.57.jpg>
 


Re: Q-List Zoom meeting now uploaded to YouTube

gbrighton@...
 

Thanks Sam and Kevin and all .. enjoyed watching the YouTube .. i have a Tri Q finished airframe in the Hanger .. but on the 'back burner' .. Looking fwd to the next one already ,
Cheers from Australia,  ; )
Graham.
 
.

Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2020 10:26 PM
Subject: [Special] [Q-List] Q-List Zoom meeting now uploaded to YouTube

Thanks to everyone who participated..

31 minutes. Here's the link.  https://youtu.be/VZrxUfGqo6I

Virus-free. www.avg.com


Re: Post Zoom meeting - What did you think?

Jay Scheevel
 

I really enjoyed the video replay.  Kevin was Mr. Cool!  Thanks Sam for putting the video up on Youtube. I can try doing a Zoom with my wife from the hangar, just on the off chance that I can get a fast enough telephone signal to make it work. I will let you know the results. If it works, I will volunteer sometime. You will like the view looking out from my hangar door!

 

Cheers,

Jay

 

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jon Finley
Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2020 11:18 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Post Zoom meeting - What did you think?

 

Great Job Sam and Kevin!!  

I watched the recording on YouTube as I will nearly always be flying on a Saturday at 0800 (mountain time). It was SOOO refreshing to watch something that didn't mention the awful "V" word or the politics that surround it!  THANK YOU!!! :-)

I had a hard time understanding Kevin's thick Iowan accent but I was able to get thru it with the help of Google Translate. ;-)

Afraid I don't really have any significant suggestions. I attend/watch cause I love you guys rather than looking for tips/motivation. I suppose the only thing I can think of to request is a little of Dave D's (or Rodney's) accent!! :-)

Jon
My RV-4


Re: Post Zoom meeting - What did you think?

Adam hied
 

I’ll be sure to watch the next one. Was in the hangar and couldn’t get decent reception.

Thanks,

Adam Hied

On May 24, 2020, at 1:17 PM, Jon Finley <jd@...> wrote:

Great Job Sam and Kevin!!  

I watched the recording on YouTube as I will nearly always be flying on a Saturday at 0800 (mountain time). It was SOOO refreshing to watch something that didn't mention the awful "V" word or the politics that surround it!  THANK YOU!!! :-)

I had a hard time understanding Kevin's thick Iowan accent but I was able to get thru it with the help of Google Translate. ;-)

Afraid I don't really have any significant suggestions. I attend/watch cause I love you guys rather than looking for tips/motivation. I suppose the only thing I can think of to request is a little of Dave D's (or Rodney's) accent!! :-)

Jon
My RV-4


Re: Post Zoom meeting - What did you think?

Jon Finley
 

Great Job Sam and Kevin!!  

I watched the recording on YouTube as I will nearly always be flying on a Saturday at 0800 (mountain time). It was SOOO refreshing to watch something that didn't mention the awful "V" word or the politics that surround it!  THANK YOU!!! :-)

I had a hard time understanding Kevin's thick Iowan accent but I was able to get thru it with the help of Google Translate. ;-)

Afraid I don't really have any significant suggestions. I attend/watch cause I love you guys rather than looking for tips/motivation. I suppose the only thing I can think of to request is a little of Dave D's (or Rodney's) accent!! :-)

Jon
My RV-4


Re: Q-List Zoom meeting now uploaded to YouTube

Kevin Boddicker
 

Sam,
Will watch later today. Probably be embarrassed seeing ME on video.

All,
Thanks for all the kind words about this event. I really enjoyed it.
Sam asked me if I was nervous. I told him “I’m only talking to you”.
Don’t be shy. The time goes by very fast. I had three one word notes. The rest was just a conversation with friends.
Step up for next time.
My vote is at least once per month. Or if someone has something to share, maybe have a special event.

Thanks again for all your prep work and efforts Sam.


Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B   510 hrs
Luana, IA.



On May 24, 2020, at 7:26 AM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

Thanks to everyone who participated..

31 minutes. Here's the link.  https://youtu.be/VZrxUfGqo6I


Re: Reminder - First Zoom Meeting, featuring Kevin Boddicker, this Saturday

Kevin Boddicker
 

When W&B were done it was 747#. 
As with everything, it has gained a few pounds.

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B 510 hrs
Luana, IA.



On May 23, 2020, at 9:38 AM, Theo Scheepers <theo.intermark@...> wrote:

Thanks for the meeting Sam 👍
Just one question , what’s the empty weight of the aircraft
Regards 
Theo


On 21 May 2020, at 16:31, Ryszard Zadow <ryszardzadow@...> wrote:


Sam Hoskins plz call me

832 428 5864 

Ryszard 

On May 21, 2020, at 09:06, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:


Please join Kevin Boddicker and myself for our first Q-List Zoom meeting, to take place at this Saturday, 9:00 am,  May 23, Central Daylight Savings Time, USA (GMT-5). Kevin will broadcast from his hangar in Decorah, Iowa, and give us a tour of his beautiful TriQ-200. The connection link is at the bottom of this email.
 
 
Zoom conferencing is supposed to work without using their app, but seems to function better with it installed. You can get the download here:
 
Here are some general guidelines.
 
    • Do not log in until 08:59.
    • Leave your mic on mute.  It is up to you if you want to use your video or not.
    • You may ask Kevin questions via the Zoom chat function. (Do not use your mic). You will send them to me, then I’ll pass on to Kevin. For more info: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203650445-In-Meeting-Chat 
    • Zoom automatically stops the meeting after 40 minutes have elapsed.
 
We are new to this, so please forgive the rough edges. 
 
Sam Hoskins is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
 
Topic: First Q-List Zoom meeting - featuring Kevin Boddicker
Time: May 23, 2020 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
 
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/73729060184?pwd=ZnVCNHZhZU84VXhOVWF6eWpjVGdHQT09
Meeting ID: 737 2906 0184
Password: 8HNNHS

Kevin is the handsome dude on the right. Some other guy is on the left.
 
<2012-09-08 09.50.57.jpg>
 


Re: Q-List Zoom meeting now uploaded to YouTube

One Sky Dog
 

Hey, Sam great meeting sorry I missed it.

Kevin,

 You old brewmaster, good job on your plane review. Special thanks for the NACA inlet shoutout. I still have the mold.

I am trying to get ready to go to Ut for the summer to do Dragonfly work hoping to finish my repairs. Think runway excursions suck try 10” refrozen snow for a runway!

Fly safe all my friends loved the video.

On May 24, 2020, at 5:26 AM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

Thanks to everyone who participated..

31 minutes. Here's the link.  https://youtu.be/VZrxUfGqo6I


Re: Q-List Zoom meeting now uploaded to YouTube

Rick Hole
 

I greatly enjoyed watching the video!  Thanks to all and especially Kevin.

I haven’t posted in ages and many new participants will not know me. 

My ratings are PP SEL Instrument, past CFI-LS, 500+ hours.

My trade is Electrical Engineer.  My last 12 years in the workforce was with Velocity working for Scott Swing.  My main duties were electrical and electronic systems but in a small operation we did most everything.

I built and installed a new panel for Scott’s N1711Q after re re-acquired it.  Another coworker and I bought a virgin Q2 kit and began to build it.  When he left us to get married I inherited that kit.  It was later necessary to sell it before completion.

When I retired I moved to Honduras where there is practically no general aviation.  I once saw a C172 in the pattern at the military airport south of Tegucigalpa.  There are few airports other than the four internationals and they rarely see flight operations.  The country is mountainous and there are few places for emergency landings.

At 69 years it seems my flying days are likely finished.

But flying remains in my blood.

I smiled when Kevin spoke of his NACA scoops.  I made many of them for the light sport market and had ten molds for mass production.

 

Rick Hole


Q-List Zoom meeting now uploaded to YouTube

Sam Hoskins
 

Thanks to everyone who participated..

31 minutes. Here's the link.  https://youtu.be/VZrxUfGqo6I


Re: Reminder - First Zoom Meeting, featuring Kevin Boddicker, this Saturday

Jay Scheevel
 

Thanks Sam. Had to work today, so I missed it. Will enjoy watching post facto.
Cheers,
Jay

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID


Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

I hope to get it up loaded this evening. We have really slow internet service here and it's a large file so it will take a while to upload.

Sam 

On Sat, May 23, 2020, 12:23 PM Dan Thomas via groups.io <rv6dan=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
All,

Is there any chance this meeting got recorded and could be uploaded to YouTube later?

—Dan T




On Thursday, May 21, 2020, 7:08 AM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

Please join Kevin Boddicker and myself for our first Q-List Zoom meeting, to take place at this Saturday, 9:00 am,  May 23, Central Daylight Savings Time, USA (GMT-5). Kevin will broadcast from his hangar in Decorah, Iowa, and give us a tour of his beautiful TriQ-200. The connection link is at the bottom of this email.
 
 
Zoom conferencing is supposed to work without using their app, but seems to function better with it installed. You can get the download here:
 
Here are some general guidelines.
 
    • Do not log in until 08:59.
    • Leave your mic on mute.  It is up to you if you want to use your video or not.
    • You may ask Kevin questions via the Zoom chat function. (Do not use your mic). You will send them to me, then I’ll pass on to Kevin. For more info: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203650445-In-Meeting-Chat 
    • Zoom automatically stops the meeting after 40 minutes have elapsed.
 
We are new to this, so please forgive the rough edges. 
 
Sam Hoskins is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
 
Topic: First Q-List Zoom meeting - featuring Kevin Boddicker
Time: May 23, 2020 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
 
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/73729060184?pwd=ZnVCNHZhZU84VXhOVWF6eWpjVGdHQT09
Meeting ID: 737 2906 0184
Password: 8HNNHS

Kevin is the handsome dude on the right. Some other guy is on the left.
 
 


Re: Reminder - First Zoom Meeting, featuring Kevin Boddicker, this Saturday

Sam Hoskins
 

I hope to get it up loaded this evening. We have really slow internet service here and it's a large file so it will take a while to upload.

Sam 

On Sat, May 23, 2020, 12:23 PM Dan Thomas via groups.io <rv6dan=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
All,

Is there any chance this meeting got recorded and could be uploaded to YouTube later?

—Dan T




On Thursday, May 21, 2020, 7:08 AM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

Please join Kevin Boddicker and myself for our first Q-List Zoom meeting, to take place at this Saturday, 9:00 am,  May 23, Central Daylight Savings Time, USA (GMT-5). Kevin will broadcast from his hangar in Decorah, Iowa, and give us a tour of his beautiful TriQ-200. The connection link is at the bottom of this email.
 
 
Zoom conferencing is supposed to work without using their app, but seems to function better with it installed. You can get the download here:
 
Here are some general guidelines.
 
    • Do not log in until 08:59.
    • Leave your mic on mute.  It is up to you if you want to use your video or not.
    • You may ask Kevin questions via the Zoom chat function. (Do not use your mic). You will send them to me, then I’ll pass on to Kevin. For more info: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203650445-In-Meeting-Chat 
    • Zoom automatically stops the meeting after 40 minutes have elapsed.
 
We are new to this, so please forgive the rough edges. 
 
Sam Hoskins is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
 
Topic: First Q-List Zoom meeting - featuring Kevin Boddicker
Time: May 23, 2020 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
 
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/73729060184?pwd=ZnVCNHZhZU84VXhOVWF6eWpjVGdHQT09
Meeting ID: 737 2906 0184
Password: 8HNNHS

Kevin is the handsome dude on the right. Some other guy is on the left.
 
 


Re: Reminder - First Zoom Meeting, featuring Kevin Boddicker, this Saturday

Dan Thomas
 

All,

Is there any chance this meeting got recorded and could be uploaded to YouTube later?

—Dan T




On Thursday, May 21, 2020, 7:08 AM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

Please join Kevin Boddicker and myself for our first Q-List Zoom meeting, to take place at this Saturday, 9:00 am,  May 23, Central Daylight Savings Time, USA (GMT-5). Kevin will broadcast from his hangar in Decorah, Iowa, and give us a tour of his beautiful TriQ-200. The connection link is at the bottom of this email.
 
 
Zoom conferencing is supposed to work without using their app, but seems to function better with it installed. You can get the download here:
https://zoom.us/download 
 
Here are some general guidelines.
 
    • Do not log in until 08:59.
    • Leave your mic on mute.  It is up to you if you want to use your video or not.
    • You may ask Kevin questions via the Zoom chat function. (Do not use your mic). You will send them to me, then I’ll pass on to Kevin. For more info: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203650445-In-Meeting-Chat 
    • Zoom automatically stops the meeting after 40 minutes have elapsed.
 
We are new to this, so please forgive the rough edges. 
 
Sam Hoskins is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
 
Topic: First Q-List Zoom meeting - featuring Kevin Boddicker
Time: May 23, 2020 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
 
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/73729060184?pwd=ZnVCNHZhZU84VXhOVWF6eWpjVGdHQT09
Meeting ID: 737 2906 0184
Password: 8HNNHS

Kevin is the handsome dude on the right. Some other guy is on the left.
 
 


Re: 1st Q-Zoom

Rodney Herzig
 

Kevin & Sam,

I’m sorry I didn’t make this one. 4am was a little early for my wife.😜 Hope to see you in September.
 
Aloha,
Rod


On May 23, 2020, at 4:39 AM, Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...> wrote:



Kevin, you did an outstanding job.  Really enjoyed the show.

As for general feedback.  It couldn’t have gone better.  Those who didn’t have the opportunity to see this one should definitely plan on joining in next time.

For me, the time and day were fine.  When the wx gets better, Saturday morning might pose a problem.

Great job Sam.

Jerry


Re: Reminder - First Zoom Meeting, featuring Kevin Boddicker, this Saturday

Richard Thomson
 

    Well done Sam, Kevin, nice to see who you all are after many years of being on the list. 

    look forward to the next one.

    As a note for future planning, it is British summer time here so we are GMT +1, the meet today started at 15.00 local UK.

    For Germany it is one hour later. Saturdays or Sundays would work for me, can be later if easier your end.

    Thanks Kevin, I have been wondering where to put the one EGT I have currently, so thats sorted.

Cheers Guys, great job.

    Rich T.

On 21/05/2020 15:06, Sam Hoskins wrote:
Please join Kevin Boddicker and myself for our first Q-List Zoom meeting, to take place at this Saturday, 9:00 am,  May 23, Central Daylight Savings Time, USA (GMT-5). Kevin will broadcast from his hangar in Decorah, Iowa, and give us a tour of his beautiful TriQ-200. The connection link is at the bottom of this email.
 
 
Zoom conferencing is supposed to work without using their app, but seems to function better with it installed. You can get the download here:
 
Here are some general guidelines.
 
    • Do not log in until 08:59.
    • Leave your mic on mute.  It is up to you if you want to use your video or not.
    • You may ask Kevin questions via the Zoom chat function. (Do not use your mic). You will send them to me, then I’ll pass on to Kevin. For more info: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203650445-In-Meeting-Chat 
    • Zoom automatically stops the meeting after 40 minutes have elapsed.
 
We are new to this, so please forgive the rough edges. 
 
Sam Hoskins is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
 
Topic: First Q-List Zoom meeting - featuring Kevin Boddicker
Time: May 23, 2020 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
 
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/73729060184?pwd=ZnVCNHZhZU84VXhOVWF6eWpjVGdHQT09
Meeting ID: 737 2906 0184
Password: 8HNNHS

Kevin is the handsome dude on the right. Some other guy is on the left.
 
 


Re: Post Zoom meeting - What did you think?

Dave Dugas
 

Thank you both! Took me a bit of time to get audio, but Pauls suggestion to exit and restart worked like a charm. Looking forward to the next one…..Dave D

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Sam Hoskins
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2020 10:36 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: [Q-List] Post Zoom meeting - What did you think?

 

Thanks to Kevin Boddicker for the tour of his beautiful Tri-Q000

What did you like?  Suggestions for change. Was it enough time? Do you have any follow up questions for Kevin?

We had 24 participants.

 


Re: Post Zoom meeting - What did you think?

Dragonfly Russell
 

I really enjoyed the meeting this morning.  Thanks, Kevin, for showing us around your bird.  Hopefully I'll get a closeup if "Spring" Fling happens this year.

The meeting time was great for me.  It was great to see some old faces and put some new faces to names.  I hope we do this again soon!


Re: Post Zoom meeting - What did you think?

Mike Dwyer
 

Dave Dugas,  text or call me at: 
‪(727) 238-7370‬
If you want to talk Bluetooth


From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Mike Dwyer <q2pilot@...>
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2020 8:42 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Post Zoom meeting - What did you think?
 
It was great, we should have done this years ago!  Thanks for thinking of it and setting it up!  I'd be up for once a month.

Mike Dwyer
Q200 N3QP



From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...>
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2020 8:36 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Post Zoom meeting - What did you think?
 
Thanks to Kevin Boddicker for the tour of his beautiful Tri-Q000

What did you like?  Suggestions for change. Was it enough time? Do you have any follow up questions for Kevin?

We had 24 participants.


Re: Post Zoom meeting - What did you think?

Mike Dwyer
 

It was great, we should have done this years ago!  Thanks for thinking of it and setting it up!  I'd be up for once a month.

Mike Dwyer
Q200 N3QP



From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...>
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2020 8:36 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Post Zoom meeting - What did you think?
 
Thanks to Kevin Boddicker for the tour of his beautiful Tri-Q000

What did you like?  Suggestions for change. Was it enough time? Do you have any follow up questions for Kevin?

We had 24 participants.

3781 - 3800 of 53004