Date   

Re: Old Video - Subaru Q2

ryan goodman
 

How did it perform with that engine?


On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 7:42 AM, Kevin Boddicker
<trumanst@...> wrote:
Nice Jon.
There is a Q2 within ten miles of my home for sale! YOU TOO can enjoy the flight of a Q!!!! Again.


Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B   515 hrs
Luana, IA.



On Jun 19, 2020, at 8:00 AM, Jon Finley <jd@...> wrote:

I recently stumbled onto some old video footage of my Q2.  It is not very good - from before the time of good digital equipment and know how. Regardless, I found it memory stirring and thought it might be interesting to a few others so I decided to see if modern technology could improve it a bit.  I do think it is better than original but still not up to modern standards.  Nonetheless, hope you enjoy!

Sam: Given how bad the wheelpant and wing root airflow was on my airplane, would be interesting to see yours.  Given your speeds, I bet it is massively better!

https://youtu.be/wKgrYV3ZRGo

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4


Re: Old Video - Subaru Q2

Kevin Boddicker
 

Nice Jon.
There is a Q2 within ten miles of my home for sale! YOU TOO can enjoy the flight of a Q!!!! Again.


Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B   515 hrs
Luana, IA.



On Jun 19, 2020, at 8:00 AM, Jon Finley <jd@...> wrote:

I recently stumbled onto some old video footage of my Q2.  It is not very good - from before the time of good digital equipment and know how. Regardless, I found it memory stirring and thought it might be interesting to a few others so I decided to see if modern technology could improve it a bit.  I do think it is better than original but still not up to modern standards.  Nonetheless, hope you enjoy!

Sam: Given how bad the wheelpant and wing root airflow was on my airplane, would be interesting to see yours.  Given your speeds, I bet it is massively better!

https://youtu.be/wKgrYV3ZRGo

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4


Old Video - Subaru Q2

Jon Finley
 

I recently stumbled onto some old video footage of my Q2.  It is not very good - from before the time of good digital equipment and know how. Regardless, I found it memory stirring and thought it might be interesting to a few others so I decided to see if modern technology could improve it a bit.  I do think it is better than original but still not up to modern standards.  Nonetheless, hope you enjoy!

Sam: Given how bad the wheelpant and wing root airflow was on my airplane, would be interesting to see yours.  Given your speeds, I bet it is massively better!

https://youtu.be/wKgrYV3ZRGo

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4


Re: Flight Report.

Richard Thomson
 

Can only go downhill from here then Mike. :-)

On 18/06/2020 21:14, Mike Dwyer wrote:
Flew an hour today.  Took some pictures along the way and made a video out of them.  
The Q200 performed flawlessly and ATC didn't even yell at me!  A perfect flight and a near perfect 85F day.  I don't think there is anything broken and I can't detect any oil consumption so the engine is running the best it ever has!

Mike Dwyer N3QP TampaBay Florida

YouTube Videos: https://goo.gl/yKEHfK
Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF


Re: Ready for Spring Fling!!

Kevin Boddicker
 

John,
Dates are correct.
Kevin

On Jun 18, 2020, at 1:26 PM, John Hoxie via groups.io <hoxdesigns@...> wrote:

Bruce or someone,
Please verify the dates for Spring Fling. Is it 17-20 of July?

 
John Hoxie
He is no fool, who gives up what he can not keep, to gain what he can not loose -- Jim Elliot


On Monday, April 6, 2020, 03:49:11 PM MDT, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:


I flew N96BJ today and can say that it is up and running without any problems.  I have no oil on the belly after putting the o ring on the case half bolts on the left front!  It was 75 degrees F today and my temps were plenty cool for CHT and oil Temps!  The finished exit ramp on the bottom of the cowl looks great if you're standing back about 10 feet!
 
I am also getting the zig zag dialed in for cruise and alleviating the sparrow strainer stall!  I washed off all of the bugs today so I am feeling pretty good about it all!
 
I flew 1/2 hour today with gusting winds of 19 to 25 mph without any problem!  Yeah this TriQ is great with high winds and cross winds.  It is a lot more of a chore with the RV6 taildragger!
 
Bring it on Kevin Boddecker!  I am ready.!!
Spring Fling!  Woo hoo!
 
Bruce Crain
 
PS I think Honey Lamb is ready to travel somewhere as soon as this  Covid is over!


Re: Flight Report.

Michael
 

Nice!

This and the Dave Dugas flight video Sam posted have been definite high points for me this week.
--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)


Re: Flight Report.

John Hoxie
 

Great beautiful pictures Mike. Beautiful panel. Glad everything is working well.


On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 2:52 PM, Jim Patillo
<Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
Nice pictures Mike,

We are both fortunate and blessed with usual great weather and beautiful scenery.  No boring landscapes around here!
Thanks for all your posts and videos. I'm just to lazy to do it anymore. Just want to fly and stay in my element. Glad to hear your engine is happy.😎

I fly tomorrow, yeah.

Jim
N46JP Q200








From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2020 1:14 PM
To: Q_List <Q-List@groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Flight Report.
 
Flew an hour today.  Took some pictures along the way and made a video out of them.  
The Q200 performed flawlessly and ATC didn't even yell at me!  A perfect flight and a near perfect 85F day.  I don't think there is anything broken and I can't detect any oil consumption so the engine is running the best it ever has!

Mike Dwyer N3QP TampaBay Florida

YouTube Videos: https://goo.gl/yKEHfK
Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: Flight Report.

Jim Patillo
 

Nice pictures Mike,

We are both fortunate and blessed with usual great weather and beautiful scenery.  No boring landscapes around here!
Thanks for all your posts and videos. I'm just to lazy to do it anymore. Just want to fly and stay in my element. Glad to hear your engine is happy.😎

I fly tomorrow, yeah.

Jim
N46JP Q200








From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2020 1:14 PM
To: Q_List <Q-List@groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Flight Report.
 
Flew an hour today.  Took some pictures along the way and made a video out of them.  
The Q200 performed flawlessly and ATC didn't even yell at me!  A perfect flight and a near perfect 85F day.  I don't think there is anything broken and I can't detect any oil consumption so the engine is running the best it ever has!

Mike Dwyer N3QP TampaBay Florida

YouTube Videos: https://goo.gl/yKEHfK
Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

Virus-free. www.avast.com


Flight Report.

Mike Dwyer
 

Flew an hour today.  Took some pictures along the way and made a video out of them.  
The Q200 performed flawlessly and ATC didn't even yell at me!  A perfect flight and a near perfect 85F day.  I don't think there is anything broken and I can't detect any oil consumption so the engine is running the best it ever has!

Mike Dwyer N3QP TampaBay Florida

YouTube Videos: https://goo.gl/yKEHfK
Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF


Re: Brian Martinez

stevebrendaodle@...
 

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies and pics.
Any other info or contacts also appreciated. 
As of now my front gear is fixed , from a 177 spam can. 
I Anglo engineered it onto the firewall with 4130 tube,sheet and reinforced the firewall and floor with ?8 plys?  
of biaxial cloth, 20 years ago! , so , best my 66 year old brain remembers .

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020, 2:40 PM John Nate <jnate00@...> wrote:
I contacted Joe, who said that the nose gear actually is a retractable nose gear of Brian’s own design. He engineered the strut and made it. The only “stock” part is the Lancair IV nose gear fork.

John Nate


Re: Ready for Spring Fling!!

John Hoxie
 

Bruce or someone,
Please verify the dates for Spring Fling. Is it 17-20 of July?

 
John Hoxie
He is no fool, who gives up what he can not keep, to gain what he can not loose -- Jim Elliot


On Monday, April 6, 2020, 03:49:11 PM MDT, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:


I flew N96BJ today and can say that it is up and running without any problems.  I have no oil on the belly after putting the o ring on the case half bolts on the left front!  It was 75 degrees F today and my temps were plenty cool for CHT and oil Temps!  The finished exit ramp on the bottom of the cowl looks great if you're standing back about 10 feet!
 
I am also getting the zig zag dialed in for cruise and alleviating the sparrow strainer stall!  I washed off all of the bugs today so I am feeling pretty good about it all!
 
I flew 1/2 hour today with gusting winds of 19 to 25 mph without any problem!  Yeah this TriQ is great with high winds and cross winds.  It is a lot more of a chore with the RV6 taildragger!
 
Bring it on Kevin Boddecker!  I am ready.!!
Spring Fling!  Woo hoo!
 
Bruce Crain
 
PS I think Honey Lamb is ready to travel somewhere as soon as this  Covid is over!


Re: Ready for Spring Fling!!

Bruce Crain
 

Yeah I've had to deal with that restricted area on numerous occasions.  Cloud Croft, Hobbs, Riudoso?
Bruce


---------- Original Message ----------
From: "John Hoxie via groups.io" <hoxdesigns@...>
To: "main@Q-List.groups.io" <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Ready for Spring Fling!!
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 16:18:28 +0000 (UTC)

Bruce,

Yes. South central New Mexico. Alot of restricted airspace west of me.

 

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 9:12 AM, Bruce Crain
<jcrain2@...> wrote:
Say John don’t you live in New Mexico?

 

On Jun 18, 2020, at 7:19 AM, John Hoxie via groups.io <hoxdesigns@...> wrote:

If I don't get an offer flying there, I was going to leave a few days before it starts. After talking to my daughter last night, they may be leaving a week later on her loop trip to see us, in which case I'll miss Spring (summer) Fling.

 

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 6:37 PM, Bruce Crain
<jcrain2@...> wrote:
Sweet!  You could do the “Cannon Ball Run” but the winners might be headed home from the awards ceremony by the time you get there!  So are you going to Spring Fling in July?
Bruce Crain

 

On Jun 16, 2020, at 8:58 PM, John Hoxie via groups.io <hoxdesigns@...> wrote:

No takers yet? Don't make me have to drive there and get 1100-1500 miles on my tank of gas (drive slow in my hybrid), that's how.
 
 


Re: Ready for Spring Fling!!

John Hoxie
 

Bruce,
Yes. South central New Mexico. Alot of restricted airspace west of me.


On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 9:12 AM, Bruce Crain
<jcrain2@...> wrote:
Say John don’t you live in New Mexico?


On Jun 18, 2020, at 7:19 AM, John Hoxie via groups.io <hoxdesigns@...> wrote:

If I don't get an offer flying there, I was going to leave a few days before it starts. After talking to my daughter last night, they may be leaving a week later on her loop trip to see us, in which case I'll miss Spring (summer) Fling.


On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 6:37 PM, Bruce Crain
<jcrain2@...> wrote:
Sweet!  You could do the “Cannon Ball Run” but the winners might be headed home from the awards ceremony by the time you get there!  So are you going to Spring Fling in July?
Bruce Crain


On Jun 16, 2020, at 8:58 PM, John Hoxie via groups.io <hoxdesigns@...> wrote:

No takers yet? Don't make me have to drive there and get 1100-1500 miles on my tank of gas (drive slow in my hybrid), that's how.


Re: Ready for Spring Fling!!

Bruce Crain
 

Say John don’t you live in New Mexico?


On Jun 18, 2020, at 7:19 AM, John Hoxie via groups.io <hoxdesigns@...> wrote:

If I don't get an offer flying there, I was going to leave a few days before it starts. After talking to my daughter last night, they may be leaving a week later on her loop trip to see us, in which case I'll miss Spring (summer) Fling.


On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 6:37 PM, Bruce Crain
<jcrain2@...> wrote:
Sweet!  You could do the “Cannon Ball Run” but the winners might be headed home from the awards ceremony by the time you get there!  So are you going to Spring Fling in July?
Bruce Crain


On Jun 16, 2020, at 8:58 PM, John Hoxie via groups.io <hoxdesigns@...> wrote:

No takers yet? Don't make me have to drive there and get 1100-1500 miles on my tank of gas (drive slow in my hybrid), that's how.


Re: Ready for Spring Fling!!

John Hoxie
 

If I don't get an offer flying there, I was going to leave a few days before it starts. After talking to my daughter last night, they may be leaving a week later on her loop trip to see us, in which case I'll miss Spring (summer) Fling.


On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 6:37 PM, Bruce Crain
<jcrain2@...> wrote:
Sweet!  You could do the “Cannon Ball Run” but the winners might be headed home from the awards ceremony by the time you get there!  So are you going to Spring Fling in July?
Bruce Crain


On Jun 16, 2020, at 8:58 PM, John Hoxie via groups.io <hoxdesigns@...> wrote:

No takers yet? Don't make me have to drive there and get 1100-1500 miles on my tank of gas (drive slow in my hybrid), that's how.


Re: Field Of Dreams Question

Bruce Crain
 

Alright!  “Hey la hey la our Spuds is back”!  Will be so good to see you!  You and Jimmeh could MC if you like!  Scare up some DFly guys and bring em with you!  
Bruce Crain


On Jun 16, 2020, at 9:45 PM, Spud Spornitz <spudspornitz@...> wrote:


Hi Jimmy, Paul, Jon and others.....Thanks for the invite, now that I'm retired I'll more than likely take you up on your kind offer, sounds fun!.

Very Best Regards to All!!

Spud Spornitz
Olathe, KS

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 5:39 PM Jon Finley <jd@...> wrote:
Howdy Spud!!  Very good to hear from you!!!  Whenever we do have a 30th event - would love to see you there!

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4



--
Very Best Regards,

Spud Spornitz
Olathe, KS 66061


Re: Ready for Spring Fling!!

Bruce Crain
 

Sweet!  You could do the “Cannon Ball Run” but the winners might be headed home from the awards ceremony by the time you get there!  So are you going to Spring Fling in July?
Bruce Crain


On Jun 16, 2020, at 8:58 PM, John Hoxie via groups.io <hoxdesigns@...> wrote:

No takers yet? Don't make me have to drive there and get 1100-1500 miles on my tank of gas (drive slow in my hybrid), that's how.


Re: Field Of Dreams Question

Spud Spornitz
 

Hi Jimmy, Paul, Jon and others.....Thanks for the invite, now that I'm retired I'll more than likely take you up on your kind offer, sounds fun!.

Very Best Regards to All!!

Spud Spornitz
Olathe, KS

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 5:39 PM Jon Finley <jd@...> wrote:
Howdy Spud!!  Very good to hear from you!!!  Whenever we do have a 30th event - would love to see you there!

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4



--
Very Best Regards,

Spud Spornitz
Olathe, KS 66061


Re: Ready for Spring Fling!!

John Hoxie
 

No takers yet? Don't make me have to drive there and get 1100-1500 miles on my tank of gas (drive slow in my hybrid), that's how.


Re: Revmaster

Joe Hood
 

Bugger is dry rotted. Thanks!

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 17:37 Adrian Rogers <anrogers29@...> wrote:
Call Joe at Revmaster, he is awesome. Walked me thru/helped me with a similar issue I had with my Revmaster. The contact info is attached.



Sent from the ultimate iPhone



3741 - 3760 of 53179