Date   

Re: Quickie Aircraft Pictures!!! ❤️

Rodney Herzig
 

🙏🙏


On Sep 30, 2020, at 12:50 AM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

 Absolutely!  Our pleasure!  And you are our overall winner this year!  That’s a really nice Cozy III!
Bruce


On Sep 29, 2020, at 1:23 PM, Rodney Herzig <zzigster@...> wrote:

 Great pictures Rachel! Thanks for the great time Bruce and Joanne😬

Rod Herzig 


On Sep 28, 2020, at 4:00 PM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

 Hey bump into the url to see bunches of Quickie pictures!  Rachel Faruque posted all of the Field Of Dreams pics and more!!  You’re gonna love it!  Thank Rachel!! 
Bruce






Re: Quickie Aircraft Pictures!!! ❤️

Bruce Crain
 

Absolutely!  Our pleasure!  And you are our overall winner this year!  That’s a really nice Cozy III!
Bruce


On Sep 29, 2020, at 1:23 PM, Rodney Herzig <zzigster@...> wrote:

 Great pictures Rachel! Thanks for the great time Bruce and Joanne😬

Rod Herzig 


On Sep 28, 2020, at 4:00 PM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

 Hey bump into the url to see bunches of Quickie pictures!  Rachel Faruque posted all of the Field Of Dreams pics and more!!  You’re gonna love it!  Thank Rachel!! 
Bruce






Re: Canopies

Jay Foss
 

Hello Jim. 
Right on. Ok thanks , I have emailed him a couple times and didn’t get an answer 


On Sep 29, 2020, at 5:52 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:


Hi Jay, he quoted $895.00 crated and ready to ship.

Jim
N46JP Q200

Sent from Outer Space

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Jay Foss via groups.io <fossjay111@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 4:01:23 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Canopies
 
Any chance he gave you a price? 


On Sep 29, 2020, at 4:32 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:



FYI,

Thanks for the lead Sam.

I  made contact with Jeff at American Plastics. They are still in business. 40 years now.

He can make clear and smoked canopies for Q1, Q2, Q200 and Tri -Q  as well as Eze’s and Velocities. 6-8 weeks lead time. He is a real nice fella. My smoked canopy still looks good but starting to get a little crazing  after 1700 hours +.

I tried micro-ing it out but is to deep in the plastic. Jeff said it’s in the first 20% of thickness and is mainly in the front. You can only see the crazing in certain light situations. Otherwise canopy optical is Clear and totally smooth inside and out.

Jim
N46JP - Q200
First flown August 2000.
Flown in 26 states!

 

 


Re: Canopies

Jim Patillo
 

Hi Jay, he quoted $895.00 crated and ready to ship.

Jim
N46JP Q200

Sent from Outer Space


From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Jay Foss via groups.io <fossjay111@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 4:01:23 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Canopies
 
Any chance he gave you a price? 


On Sep 29, 2020, at 4:32 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:



FYI,

Thanks for the lead Sam.

I  made contact with Jeff at American Plastics. They are still in business. 40 years now.

He can make clear and smoked canopies for Q1, Q2, Q200 and Tri -Q  as well as Eze’s and Velocities. 6-8 weeks lead time. He is a real nice fella. My smoked canopy still looks good but starting to get a little crazing  after 1700 hours +.

I tried micro-ing it out but is to deep in the plastic. Jeff said it’s in the first 20% of thickness and is mainly in the front. You can only see the crazing in certain light situations. Otherwise canopy optical is Clear and totally smooth inside and out.

Jim
N46JP - Q200
First flown August 2000.
Flown in 26 states!

 

 


Re: Canopies

Jay Foss
 

Any chance he gave you a price? 


On Sep 29, 2020, at 4:32 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:



FYI,

Thanks for the lead Sam.

I  made contact with Jeff at American Plastics. They are still in business. 40 years now.

He can make clear and smoked canopies for Q1, Q2, Q200 and Tri -Q  as well as Eze’s and Velocities. 6-8 weeks lead time. He is a real nice fella. My smoked canopy still looks good but starting to get a little crazing  after 1700 hours +.

I tried micro-ing it out but is to deep in the plastic. Jeff said it’s in the first 20% of thickness and is mainly in the front. You can only see the crazing in certain light situations. Otherwise canopy optical is Clear and totally smooth inside and out.

Jim
N46JP - Q200
First flown August 2000.
Flown in 26 states!

 

 


Canopies

Jim Patillo
 

FYI,

Thanks for the lead Sam.

I  made contact with Jeff at American Plastics. They are still in business. 40 years now.

He can make clear and smoked canopies for Q1, Q2, Q200 and Tri -Q  as well as Eze’s and Velocities. 6-8 weeks lead time. He is a real nice fella. My smoked canopy still looks good but starting to get a little crazing  after 1700 hours +.

I tried micro-ing it out but is to deep in the plastic. Jeff said it’s in the first 20% of thickness and is mainly in the front. You can only see the crazing in certain light situations. Otherwise canopy optical is Clear and totally smooth inside and out.

Jim
N46JP - Q200
First flown August 2000.
Flown in 26 states!

 

 


Re: Quickie Aircraft Pictures!!! ❤️

Rodney Herzig
 

Great pictures Rachel! Thanks for the great time Bruce and Joanne😬

Rod Herzig 


On Sep 28, 2020, at 4:00 PM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

 Hey bump into the url to see bunches of Quickie pictures!  Rachel Faruque posted all of the Field Of Dreams pics and more!!  You’re gonna love it!  Thank Rachel!! 
Bruce




Quickie Aircraft Pictures!!! ❤️

Bruce Crain
 

Hey bump into the url to see bunches of Quickie pictures!  Rachel Faruque posted all of the Field Of Dreams pics and more!!  You’re gonna love it!  Thank Rachel!! 
Bruce




Re: Fuel Filters

Jim Patillo
 

Thanks Charlie, I’m sure Bob will be a lot Happi. er. with the R2300. 

Jim

Sent from Outer Space


From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of One Sky Dog via groups.io <Oneskydog@...>
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2020 11:35:34 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Fuel Filters
 
Jim,

Bob has thrown out the (UN)HAPI and is replacing it with a R2300.

Charlie


On Sep 27, 2020, at 10:10 AM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:


Thank you Charlie. Glad to see you are making headway on your DF. What about your Bro. Is he still building his Dragonfly?

I did log the p/n for the filter. Like many others on this list, I have CRS. 👍

Thanks,
Jim

Sent from Outer Space

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of One Sky Dog via groups.io <Oneskydog@...>
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2020 3:30:32 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Fuel Filters
 
Hi Jim,

You did not log that? If I remember correctly it was a Fram G3.

I got quite a bit done on the Dragonfly repairs this year.

Spent the rest of the summer upgrading things in the Tri-Pacer.

It is about time to get back to AZ.

Charlie


On Sep 26, 2020, at 9:58 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:



One Sky Dog,

Charlie, can  you give me the p/n for the Fram Fuel Filter you told me about a few years back. I installed then and it’s worked great since.

I want to replace mine but haven’t been able to find the right Fram filter. 

Best,
Jim
N46JP Q200


Re: Fuel Filters

One Sky Dog
 

Jim,

Bob has thrown out the (UN)HAPI and is replacing it with a R2300.

On Sep 27, 2020, at 10:10 AM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:


Thank you Charlie. Glad to see you are making headway on your DF. What about your Bro. Is he still building his Dragonfly?

I did log the p/n for the filter. Like many others on this list, I have CRS. 👍

Thanks,
Jim

Sent from Outer Space

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of One Sky Dog via groups.io <Oneskydog@...>
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2020 3:30:32 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Fuel Filters
 
Hi Jim,

You did not log that? If I remember correctly it was a Fram G3.

I got quite a bit done on the Dragonfly repairs this year.

Spent the rest of the summer upgrading things in the Tri-Pacer.

It is about time to get back to AZ.

Charlie


On Sep 26, 2020, at 9:58 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:



One Sky Dog,

Charlie, can  you give me the p/n for the Fram Fuel Filter you told me about a few years back. I installed then and it’s worked great since.

I want to replace mine but haven’t been able to find the right Fram filter. 

Best,
Jim
N46JP Q200


File /inspectionchecklist-carb-01.doc uploaded #file-notice

main@Q-List.groups.io Notification <noreply@...>
 

The following files have been uploaded to the Files area of the main@Q-List.groups.io group.

By: Sam Hoskins

Description:
Q-200 Annual condition checklist. For taildragger aircraft equipped with a carburetor and magnetos. It's in a .doc format you you can change as needed.


File /Q-200 SptAv March 1984.pdf uploaded #file-notice

main@Q-List.groups.io Notification <noreply@...>
 

The following files have been uploaded to the Files area of the main@Q-List.groups.io group.

By: Sam Hoskins

Description:
Sport Aviation March 1984. This is the article that the Quickie Aircraft Company introduced their new Q-200. They advertised some great performance numbers.


Re: Fuel Filters

Jim Patillo
 

Thank you Charlie. Glad to see you are making headway on your DF. What about your Bro. Is he still building his Dragonfly?

I did log the p/n for the filter. Like many others on this list, I have CRS. 👍

Thanks,
Jim

Sent from Outer Space


From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of One Sky Dog via groups.io <Oneskydog@...>
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2020 3:30:32 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Fuel Filters
 
Hi Jim,

You did not log that? If I remember correctly it was a Fram G3.

I got quite a bit done on the Dragonfly repairs this year.

Spent the rest of the summer upgrading things in the Tri-Pacer.

It is about time to get back to AZ.

Charlie


On Sep 26, 2020, at 9:58 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:



One Sky Dog,

Charlie, can  you give me the p/n for the Fram Fuel Filter you told me about a few years back. I installed then and it’s worked great since.

I want to replace mine but haven’t been able to find the right Fram filter. 

Best,
Jim
N46JP Q200


Re: Fuel Filters

One Sky Dog
 

Hi Jim,

You did not log that? If I remember correctly it was a Fram G3.

I got quite a bit done on the Dragonfly repairs this year.

Spent the rest of the summer upgrading things in the Tri-Pacer.

It is about time to get back to AZ.

On Sep 26, 2020, at 9:58 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:



One Sky Dog,

Charlie, can  you give me the p/n for the Fram Fuel Filter you told me about a few years back. I installed then and it’s worked great since.

I want to replace mine but haven’t been able to find the right Fram filter. 

Best,
Jim
N46JP Q200


Fuel Filters

Jim Patillo
 

One Sky Dog,

Charlie, can  you give me the p/n for the Fram Fuel Filter you told me about a few years back. I installed then and it’s worked great since.

I want to replace mine but haven’t been able to find the right Fram filter. 

Best,
Jim
N46JP Q200


Re: Sam Hoskins' Q-200 First Flight June 9, 1986 #flight_reports

Paul Fisher
 

Wow, that was fun!  Four years later I did my first flight.  I wonder if I still have that video.  I suspect there was a kid doing that flight as well!!

Paul

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020, 00:47 Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
https://youtu.be/Pl8urS6i75c

Bring back any memories Sam? 😎

Jim
N46JP Q200
Sent from Outer Space





Re: Sam Hoskins' Q-200 First Flight June 9, 1986 #flight_reports

Rodney Herzig
 

What a great video! Nice to see where it all began.😎🤙👍👍


On Sep 25, 2020, at 9:07 AM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:


I know, same here Sam.

We’ve grabbed life by the tail, followed our dreams and went for one hell of a ride. What a blast! What a joy! Memories that last. We’re blessed.

Stay safe.

Best,
Jim
N46JP Q200


Sent from Outer Space

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...>
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2020 5:05:32 AM
To: Main@q-list.groups.io <Main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Sam Hoskins' Q-200 First Flight June 9, 1986
 
Some kid flew that plane for the first time.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020, 12:47 AM Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
https://youtu.be/Pl8urS6i75c

Bring back any memories Sam? 😎

Jim
N46JP Q200
Sent from Outer Space





Re: Sam Hoskins' Q-200 First Flight June 9, 1986 #flight_reports

Jim Patillo
 

I know, same here Sam.

We’ve grabbed life by the tail, followed our dreams and went for one hell of a ride. What a blast! What a joy! Memories that last. We’re blessed.

Stay safe.

Best,
Jim
N46JP Q200


Sent from Outer Space


From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...>
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2020 5:05:32 AM
To: Main@q-list.groups.io <Main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Sam Hoskins' Q-200 First Flight June 9, 1986
 
Some kid flew that plane for the first time.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020, 12:47 AM Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
https://youtu.be/Pl8urS6i75c

Bring back any memories Sam? 😎

Jim
N46JP Q200
Sent from Outer Space





Re: Sam Hoskins' Q-200 First Flight June 9, 1986 #flight_reports

Sam Hoskins
 

Some kid flew that plane for the first time.


On Fri, Sep 25, 2020, 12:47 AM Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
https://youtu.be/Pl8urS6i75c

Bring back any memories Sam? 😎

Jim
N46JP Q200
Sent from Outer Space





Sam Hoskins' Q-200 First Flight June 9, 1986 #flight_reports

Jim Patillo
 

https://youtu.be/Pl8urS6i75c

Bring back any memories Sam? 😎

Jim
N46JP Q200
Sent from Outer Space

2661 - 2680 of 52966