Date   

Jay Scheevel's Q-Tour is now on YouTube!

Sam Hoskins
 

Be sure to take the tour of this very innovative Tri-Q.  Thanks to Jay for showing us around. I hope you are able to get it to Oshkosh and to get it judged, your surely should win something!

https://youtu.be/Xld3mJ-cYAI

Next month's Q-Tour will feature Nathan Peck in his Rotax powered Q-1.  That should be fun.


Re: Jay Scheevel's Tri-Q Q-Tour, Saturday April 10, 0900 Central Savings time, 1400 GMT

Richard Thomson
 

By the way Sam,  we have Daylight Savings too, so it was still 15.00 GMT in UK. :-)

Br

Rich T.

On 04/04/2021 23:03, Sam Hoskins wrote:
>From Grand Junction, Colorado,  join Jay  as we tour his highly modified Jabiru 3300 powered Tri-Q. This is a really unique aircraft and can't be missed. Jay may be holding the record for the longest time to build then actually fly his aircraft.

Since Jay has poor phone reception at his home airport, he pre-recorded the visual portion of the tour but will describe what we are seeing in real time. This session will follow our usual format of the tour for the first portion, then Q&A for the second portion. We will get the session uploaded to YouTube within a couple of days. Use the link at the bottom of this email to log into Zoom. No one will be admitted to Zoom until 9:00 Central Savings time.

Sam Hoskins is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
 
Topic: Jay Scheevel Q-Tour
Time: Apr 10, 2021 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
 
Join Zoom Meeting
 
Meeting ID: 739 7077 8699
Passcode: 0HvU79

 


Re: Dragonfly gear

 

Yes he is still kickin.  I know he looks at this list from time to time. 
If he doesn't chime in I can give him a call for ya.
Keith


---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Pat Weaver" <pweaver311@...>
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Dragonfly gear
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 20:23:36 -0400

I found an article with directions. Does anyone happen to know if Steve Laribee is still around?

 

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021, 7:58 PM Pat Weaver via groups.io <pweaver311=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks so much, you are correct, it was another builder; you sent me the info on the steel gear. I appreciate the information, I will certainly look into it. Thanks again!

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021, 7:25 PM Dorothea Keats <dkeats@...> wrote:
  Pat---------  Dorothea is my wifes name and I use here address. I
don't think it was me who said I had a set of landing gear.

  I just did build a set of the steel gear for my new airplane. I have a
set of the same gear on my Dragonfly for 25 years.

  I have a few pictures of how I did it , and Patrick Panzera from
Contact magazine had drawn up some really good plans.  Maybe give him a 
buzz.

  As for the original glass gear, many have switched to the hoop gear or
the steel gear. I already had the sockets for the glass gear so it was
easier to use the steel gear.

  One of the old Dragonfly new letters has the basic design. I think
Fred Weibe, may have been the original designer, but I could be wrong,
it has been a while.   Take care--------  Chris



--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus






Re: Dragonfly gear

Pat Weaver
 

I found an article with directions. Does anyone happen to know if Steve Laribee is still around?


On Sun, Apr 11, 2021, 7:58 PM Pat Weaver via groups.io <pweaver311=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks so much, you are correct, it was another builder; you sent me the info on the steel gear. I appreciate the information, I will certainly look into it. Thanks again!

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021, 7:25 PM Dorothea Keats <dkeats@...> wrote:
  Pat---------  Dorothea is my wifes name and I use here address. I
don't think it was me who said I had a set of landing gear.

  I just did build a set of the steel gear for my new airplane. I have a
set of the same gear on my Dragonfly for 25 years.

  I have a few pictures of how I did it , and Patrick Panzera from
Contact magazine had drawn up some really good plans.  Maybe give him a 
buzz.

  As for the original glass gear, many have switched to the hoop gear or
the steel gear. I already had the sockets for the glass gear so it was
easier to use the steel gear.

  One of the old Dragonfly new letters has the basic design. I think
Fred Weibe, may have been the original designer, but I could be wrong,
it has been a while.   Take care--------  Chris



--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus






Re: Dragonfly gear

Pat Weaver
 

Thanks so much, you are correct, it was another builder; you sent me the info on the steel gear. I appreciate the information, I will certainly look into it. Thanks again!


On Sun, Apr 11, 2021, 7:25 PM Dorothea Keats <dkeats@...> wrote:
  Pat---------  Dorothea is my wifes name and I use here address. I
don't think it was me who said I had a set of landing gear.

  I just did build a set of the steel gear for my new airplane. I have a
set of the same gear on my Dragonfly for 25 years.

  I have a few pictures of how I did it , and Patrick Panzera from
Contact magazine had drawn up some really good plans.  Maybe give him a 
buzz.

  As for the original glass gear, many have switched to the hoop gear or
the steel gear. I already had the sockets for the glass gear so it was
easier to use the steel gear.

  One of the old Dragonfly new letters has the basic design. I think
Fred Weibe, may have been the original designer, but I could be wrong,
it has been a while.   Take care--------  Chris



--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus






Re: Dragonfly gear

Chris Walterson
 

Pat---------  Dorothea is my wifes name and I use here address. I don't think it was me who said I had a set of landing gear.

 I just did build a set of the steel gear for my new airplane. I have a set of the same gear on my Dragonfly for 25 years.

 I have a few pictures of how I did it , and Patrick Panzera from Contact magazine had drawn up some really good plans.  Maybe give him a  buzz.

 As for the original glass gear, many have switched to the hoop gear or the steel gear. I already had the sockets for the glass gear so it was easier to use the steel gear.

 One of the old Dragonfly new letters has the basic design. I think Fred Weibe, may have been the original designer, but I could be wrong, it has been a while.   Take care--------  Chris



--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


Re: Dragonfly gear

Pat Weaver
 

Or if you don't have the legs available, I do have the gear forms, but don't have the directions. If you by chance have tje directions and not the gear, I can make that work. Thanks again!


On Sun, Apr 11, 2021, 5:08 PM Pat Weaver via groups.io <pweaver311=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Im trying to reach Dorethea. We spoke earlier and he had a spare set of dragonfly gear. I would still like to purchase them. Please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Patrick

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021, 6:22 PM Dorothea Keats <dkeats@...> wrote:
   Thanks for the info on the painting positions. That is what I was
thinking. One other thing I did was to set the fuselage level and then
make a crate with wheels to hold the engine. Can move it back and forth
in place when doing bulkhead fittings , wiring etc.

  Take care--------  Chris


--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus







Dragonfly gear

Pat Weaver
 

Im trying to reach Dorethea. We spoke earlier and he had a spare set of dragonfly gear. I would still like to purchase them. Please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Patrick

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021, 6:22 PM Dorothea Keats <dkeats@...> wrote:
   Thanks for the info on the painting positions. That is what I was
thinking. One other thing I did was to set the fuselage level and then
make a crate with wheels to hold the engine. Can move it back and forth
in place when doing bulkhead fittings , wiring etc.

  Take care--------  Chris


--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus







Re: looking for q-200 project/kit

 

Brad,
Not sure where you’re located but I’ve been told by 2 different friends that a guy near Nashville has acquired a complete kit ( less engine and instruments). He picked it up from a widow and sounds like he would let it go on the cheap 
let me know if you want more info 

Mike.  Newbe200QK


Re: looking for q-200 project/kit

Bruce Mayfield <meachamlake@...>
 

Have a q200 fus with wings on, tail cone with vertical, canapy, tanks made.  Needs a new home.  My skin will not do fiberglass anymore.  Al;ways stored inside.
Cost.  Come and get with trailer and a set of wheels. Located in Oregon. 
Bruce M
54one 9six 9  eight 4 four 4


On Saturday, April 10, 2021, 10:23:23 AM PDT, Shaun Milke <shaun_milke@...> wrote:


I’ve got an engine and firewall forward package. Could be used on a Q200 fuselage or to convert a Q2 to a Q200.



From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Stan Susman <stanpfa@...>
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2021 8:17:49 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] looking for q-200 project/kit
 
if you're interested. I have some new parts. fuse, bulkheads, seat/tank, small cowl, canopy. 

On Thursday, April 8, 2021, 07:23:45 AM PDT, Brad Walker <bwalker@...> wrote:


I'm looking for a Q-200 project..

If there are any leads or insight where to look, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

-brad w.


Re: Q2 Prototypes

 

Thanks Dorthea and Gary!


On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 3:52 PM, Mike Shuck via groups.io
<mikeshuck2001@...> wrote:
Thanks, Jay!!!

Mike


On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 7:03 PM, Jay Scheevel
<jay@...> wrote:
The prototype was built up by hand by Gary Legare in Canada, as a sort of
joint venture with QAC in Mojave. Then there was the demonstrator protoype
that was built in Mojave, which I think was N81QA (yellow), then I think
this one was further modified to become the Q-200 prototype (your photo) by
beefing up the firewall and replacing the GU with the LS1 canard. Others on
this list may know more precisely, but I think that is how it went down. All
of the regional dealers build a Q2 from a kit and used them as
demonstrators. Legare had the exclusive rights to market QAC products in
Canada in exchange for his work on the project.

Cheers,
Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Shuck
via groups.io
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2021 5:31 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: [Q-List] Q2 Prototypes

Hi Group,

I am curious how there came to be 2 different Q2 prototypes, the boxy one
and the beautifully sculptered one with the compound curves. Who designed
each one?

Just curious from a historical perspective.

Mike (the airfoil guy)













Re: Q2 Prototypes

 

Thanks, Jay!!!

Mike


On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 7:03 PM, Jay Scheevel
<jay@...> wrote:
The prototype was built up by hand by Gary Legare in Canada, as a sort of
joint venture with QAC in Mojave. Then there was the demonstrator protoype
that was built in Mojave, which I think was N81QA (yellow), then I think
this one was further modified to become the Q-200 prototype (your photo) by
beefing up the firewall and replacing the GU with the LS1 canard. Others on
this list may know more precisely, but I think that is how it went down. All
of the regional dealers build a Q2 from a kit and used them as
demonstrators. Legare had the exclusive rights to market QAC products in
Canada in exchange for his work on the project.

Cheers,
Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Shuck
via groups.io
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2021 5:31 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: [Q-List] Q2 Prototypes

Hi Group,

I am curious how there came to be 2 different Q2 prototypes, the boxy one
and the beautifully sculptered one with the compound curves. Who designed
each one?

Just curious from a historical perspective.

Mike (the airfoil guy)













Re: Q2 Prototypes

Chris Walterson
 

I think Gary Legare that built the first Q2 also went on to build the Seahawker, that later with many mods, became the GlassGoose.

Chris


--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


Re: looking for q-200 project/kit

Shaun Milke
 

I’ve got an engine and firewall forward package. Could be used on a Q200 fuselage or to convert a Q2 to a Q200.



From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Stan Susman <stanpfa@...>
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2021 8:17:49 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] looking for q-200 project/kit
 
if you're interested. I have some new parts. fuse, bulkheads, seat/tank, small cowl, canopy. 

On Thursday, April 8, 2021, 07:23:45 AM PDT, Brad Walker <bwalker@...> wrote:


I'm looking for a Q-200 project..

If there are any leads or insight where to look, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

-brad w.


Re: looking for q-200 project/kit

Stan Susman
 

if you're interested. I have some new parts. fuse, bulkheads, seat/tank, small cowl, canopy. 

On Thursday, April 8, 2021, 07:23:45 AM PDT, Brad Walker <bwalker@...> wrote:


I'm looking for a Q-200 project..

If there are any leads or insight where to look, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

-brad w.


Re: Q2 Prototypes

Jay Scheevel
 

The prototype was built up by hand by Gary Legare in Canada, as a sort of
joint venture with QAC in Mojave. Then there was the demonstrator protoype
that was built in Mojave, which I think was N81QA (yellow), then I think
this one was further modified to become the Q-200 prototype (your photo) by
beefing up the firewall and replacing the GU with the LS1 canard. Others on
this list may know more precisely, but I think that is how it went down. All
of the regional dealers build a Q2 from a kit and used them as
demonstrators. Legare had the exclusive rights to market QAC products in
Canada in exchange for his work on the project.

Cheers,
Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Shuck
via groups.io
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2021 5:31 PM
To: main@q-list.groups.io
Subject: [Q-List] Q2 Prototypes

Hi Group,

I am curious how there came to be 2 different Q2 prototypes, the boxy one
and the beautifully sculptered one with the compound curves. Who designed
each one?

Just curious from a historical perspective.

Mike (the airfoil guy)


Q2 Prototypes

 

Hi Group,

I am curious how there came to be 2 different Q2 prototypes, the boxy one and the beautifully sculptered one with the compound curves. Who designed each one?

Just curious from a historical perspective.

Mike (the airfoil guy)


Reminder: Jay Scheevel's Tri-Q Q-Tour, Saturday April 10, 0900 Central Savings time, 1400 GMT

Sam Hoskins
 

From Grand Junction, Colorado,  join Jay  as we tour his highly modified Jabiru 3300 powered Tri-Q. This is a really unique aircraft and can't be missed. Jay may be holding the record for the longest time to build, then actually fly his aircraft.

Since Jay has poor phone reception at his home airport, he pre-recorded the visual portion of the tour but will describe what we are seeing in real time. This session will follow our usual format of the tour for the first portion, then Q&A for the second portion. We will get the session uploaded to YouTube within a couple of days. Use the link at the bottom of this email to log into Zoom. No one will be admitted to Zoom until 9:00 Central Savings time.

Sam Hoskins is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
 
Topic: Jay Scheevel Q-Tour
Time: Apr 10, 2021 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
 
Join Zoom Meeting
 
Meeting ID: 739 7077 8699
Passcode: 0HvU79


Re: Jay Scheevel's Tri-Q Q-Tour, Saturday April 10, 0900 Central Savings time, 1400 GMT

Bruce Crain
 

Thanks Sammy and Jay!  Got you on the calendar!
Bruce

Please note: message attached

From: "Sam Hoskins" <sam.hoskins@...>
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: [Special] [Q-List] Jay Scheevel's Tri-Q Q-Tour, Saturday April 10, 0900 Central Savings time, 1400 GMT
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2021 15:03:08 -0700




looking for q-200 project/kit

Brad Walker
 

I'm looking for a Q-200 project..

If there are any leads or insight where to look, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

-brad w.

1361 - 1380 of 53179