Date   

Re: Flush Type Finishing Washer Used on Tail?

Frankenbird Vern
 

 This is true.. the current folks have equipment not available to us in the past. In the previous factory contracts I was working in 2021, because it is production, they must keep pace using tools as this.. same as on the ramps. The speeds of the drivers are variable and auto torque is also a feature. 

 Of course you probably know what I observed in the factory where time studies with stop watches are part of the Industrial Engineers job (not my cog in the wheel but of course I knew them). Another issue was hardware itself recently. The company was experiencing major issues with unavailable aerospace hardware! Shanking a screw into a nutplate with a full on pneumatic driver ends up snapping off the float element or worse, shearing off the #3 rivets in the ears of the nutplate. 

 Floor managers tend to get very irate at boneheads working for them when they do this. One of the tools used to check for blind grip length measuring is a Hi Lok grip length gauge, which is what we instructed to do IF they were not 100% certain of the screw grip.  Of course a simple bent hook wire would do the same. Each aircraft in our case probably would be different grip length on these fasteners.    

 I probably aught purchase one of these tools since there are uses that would cause no ill.  

 One reason I chose the Q2 initially was because of layup tooled fuselage shells, and the unique access design to the aft fuselage compared to the Dragonfly. This is why I am confident the Frankenbird is probably the best option for my mission, including the Conditional Inspections and any need to get to the aft fuselage area without being a Harry Houdini clone. I am now 65 and my agility is only a little less than when I was 22 crawling up behind instrument panels and slinking back to the tailcones (well..that is what the mind says anyway, the body has another opinion).

 One thing I know for sure...I'll be doing what I can to NOT experience what Chris had happen..a stripped head on a (or several) tailcone screw and now a very difficult access condition. I am sure in the same situation I would have plenty of confessions to make to my Priest, Father Moore!     
Vern       


From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Richard Thomson <richard@...>
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2022 4:04 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Flush Type Finishing Washer Used on Tail?
 

    Vern,

    Yep, working in the baggage bay is a pain literally.  There is a picture somewhere of Sam I believe it is, curled up in his baggage bay looking comfortable working on his controls.

    I am lucky if I can get half way in these days as the joints are not as supple as they used to be, and no longer the skinny apprentice that 45 years ago used to get sent up the Gazelle tailcone to fit the cables up the fin.

    I agree, you have to be careful with power drivers and always start the screw first. Taking my cowls off or on by hand is about 10 times longer than with the PD. My PD like most these days have a variable torque feature so easier to see if the screw locks up and just check tight when finished by hand.  If you go out on the line today, most mechs have a PD in their kit. Otherwise how would they meet the 90 minute turn around. :-)

   

    Rich T.

    

On 14/02/2022 18:55, smeshno1@... wrote:
 This is a major issue with the replaceable element floating nutplates (used on Gulfstream wing fairings for example). Don't push too
hard on installation.  The shop techs at IAI (Israel Aerospace) in Tel Aviv were complaining to me about the nutplate design when running in the stainless screws on the fairings with a power driver. I was polite but firm about the preferred process. In the States we use speed wrenches once the screws were in 2 or 3 turns by hand..therefore verifying the threads are not crossed.  Engineering Change Request: Rejected!    
 
 Rich, good catch and you are correct on the stainless into cadmium plated nutplate..the galling of the threads is a concern between the two metals. Its why we used candle wax on the screw threads and install slowly to final torque. I personally have never used power drivers to install
on my own or other owners aircraft. 

 Speed wrenches are not really so speedy in this case, nor should they be! Chris already found out how much "fun" it is to get into the aft 
fuselage with a galled-in screw (from rust in his case).  What first is an easy task ends up being a major pain repair.  

Vern    

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Richard Thomson <richard@...>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2022 4:10 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Flush Type Finishing Washer Used on Tail?
 

Hi Corbin,

Take care if you are using stainless screws with standard anchor nuts and you use a power screwdriver. They can seize and damage the nut or the mounting rivets.

I use a slight smear of anti seize on the thread to lubricate those regularly removed like my cowling screws, it still has enough friction to lock the screw.

Rich T.

On 13/02/2022 21:55, Corbin via groups.io wrote:
On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 11:30 PM, Richard Gammon wrote:
MS24694C
Thanks Richard.  I placed an order with Aircraft Spruce a few days ago so I am hoping they are the right ones.  They have a warehouse close to my house so I typically receive orders with a day or two, at most.  I hate their shipping costs though and try to order from other sources as much as possible.
 
--

Corbin 
N121CG


Re: Flush Type Finishing Washer Used on Tail?

Richard Thomson
 

    Vern,

    Yep, working in the baggage bay is a pain literally.  There is a picture somewhere of Sam I believe it is, curled up in his baggage bay looking comfortable working on his controls.

    I am lucky if I can get half way in these days as the joints are not as supple as they used to be, and no longer the skinny apprentice that 45 years ago used to get sent up the Gazelle tailcone to fit the cables up the fin.

    I agree, you have to be careful with power drivers and always start the screw first. Taking my cowls off or on by hand is about 10 times longer than with the PD. My PD like most these days have a variable torque feature so easier to see if the screw locks up and just check tight when finished by hand.  If you go out on the line today, most mechs have a PD in their kit. Otherwise how would they meet the 90 minute turn around. :-)

   

    Rich T.

    

On 14/02/2022 18:55, smeshno1@... wrote:
 This is a major issue with the replaceable element floating nutplates (used on Gulfstream wing fairings for example). Don't push too
hard on installation.  The shop techs at IAI (Israel Aerospace) in Tel Aviv were complaining to me about the nutplate design when running in the stainless screws on the fairings with a power driver. I was polite but firm about the preferred process. In the States we use speed wrenches once the screws were in 2 or 3 turns by hand..therefore verifying the threads are not crossed.  Engineering Change Request: Rejected!    
 
 Rich, good catch and you are correct on the stainless into cadmium plated nutplate..the galling of the threads is a concern between the two metals. Its why we used candle wax on the screw threads and install slowly to final torque. I personally have never used power drivers to install
on my own or other owners aircraft. 

 Speed wrenches are not really so speedy in this case, nor should they be! Chris already found out how much "fun" it is to get into the aft 
fuselage with a galled-in screw (from rust in his case).  What first is an easy task ends up being a major pain repair.  

Vern    

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Richard Thomson <richard@...>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2022 4:10 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Flush Type Finishing Washer Used on Tail?
 

Hi Corbin,

Take care if you are using stainless screws with standard anchor nuts and you use a power screwdriver. They can seize and damage the nut or the mounting rivets.

I use a slight smear of anti seize on the thread to lubricate those regularly removed like my cowling screws, it still has enough friction to lock the screw.

Rich T.

On 13/02/2022 21:55, Corbin via groups.io wrote:
On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 11:30 PM, Richard Gammon wrote:
MS24694C
Thanks Richard.  I placed an order with Aircraft Spruce a few days ago so I am hoping they are the right ones.  They have a warehouse close to my house so I typically receive orders with a day or two, at most.  I hate their shipping costs though and try to order from other sources as much as possible.
 
--

Corbin 
N121CG


Re: Pat Panzera

britmcman99
 

That could have been at Jean, Nevada. 

Phil Lankford

On Feb 14, 2022, at 7:51 PM, ryan goodman via groups.io <elboy0712@...> wrote:

Quite possibly one of the people on this planet that was most in love with aviation. Few can claim to have given so much of themselves to this community. I will miss him. Many will!
       Ryan


On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 20:16, Jim Patillo
<Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
Here’s a picture of me and Pat somewhere in the Southwest as Jon would say.  For those of you who didn’t know Pat, he was a real good guy and a fellow Navy Vet. 

Jim
N46JP



Sent from Outer Space


Re: Pat Panzera

ryan goodman
 

Quite possibly one of the people on this planet that was most in love with aviation. Few can claim to have given so much of themselves to this community. I will miss him. Many will!
       Ryan


On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 20:16, Jim Patillo
<Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
Here’s a picture of me and Pat somewhere in the Southwest as Jon would say.  For those of you who didn’t know Pat, he was a real good guy and a fellow Navy Vet. 

Jim
N46JP



Sent from Outer Space


Pat Panzera

Jim Patillo
 

Here’s a picture of me and Pat somewhere in the Southwest as Jon would say.  For those of you who didn’t know Pat, he was a real good guy and a fellow Navy Vet. 

Jim
N46JP



Sent from Outer Space


Re: Flush Type Finishing Washer Used on Tail?

Frankenbird Vern
 

 This is a major issue with the replaceable element floating nutplates (used on Gulfstream wing fairings for example). Don't push too
hard on installation.  The shop techs at IAI (Israel Aerospace) in Tel Aviv were complaining to me about the nutplate design when running in the stainless screws on the fairings with a power driver. I was polite but firm about the preferred process. In the States we use speed wrenches once the screws were in 2 or 3 turns by hand..therefore verifying the threads are not crossed.  Engineering Change Request: Rejected!    
 
 Rich, good catch and you are correct on the stainless into cadmium plated nutplate..the galling of the threads is a concern between the two metals. Its why we used candle wax on the screw threads and install slowly to final torque. I personally have never used power drivers to install
on my own or other owners aircraft. 

 Speed wrenches are not really so speedy in this case, nor should they be! Chris already found out how much "fun" it is to get into the aft 
fuselage with a galled-in screw (from rust in his case).  What first is an easy task ends up being a major pain repair.  

Vern    


From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Richard Thomson <richard@...>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2022 4:10 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Flush Type Finishing Washer Used on Tail?
 

Hi Corbin,

Take care if you are using stainless screws with standard anchor nuts and you use a power screwdriver. They can seize and damage the nut or the mounting rivets.

I use a slight smear of anti seize on the thread to lubricate those regularly removed like my cowling screws, it still has enough friction to lock the screw.

Rich T.

On 13/02/2022 21:55, Corbin via groups.io wrote:
On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 11:30 PM, Richard Gammon wrote:
MS24694C
Thanks Richard.  I placed an order with Aircraft Spruce a few days ago so I am hoping they are the right ones.  They have a warehouse close to my house so I typically receive orders with a day or two, at most.  I hate their shipping costs though and try to order from other sources as much as possible.
 
--

Corbin 
N121CG


Re: Pat Panzera - Gone West

Jim Patillo
 

Pat was a good friend and he struggled for a long time. Fast passage my friend. Our prayers are with you Veronica and the family. 

Jim
N46JP



From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Martin Skiby <mskiby@...>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2022 9:31:29 AM
To: main@q-list.groups.io <main@q-list.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Pat Panzera - Gone West
 
He put up one hell of a fight!   God speed my friend.  

Martin

 


On Feb 14, 2022, at 8:48 AM, smeshno1@... wrote:


 I believe you have close ties to Pat yourself, Jon. I grieve with you. Your very special Q aircraft was part of a great issue 
of Contact! His passing is a loss to all of Experiential Aviation.  Pats' long term dedication to the activity we also 
participate in drives home the deep positive character of all aviators. None of us would be pilots had we not been 
strongly dedicated AND kept a positive desire to earn our General Aviation certificates and more specifically 
as builders in Experimental Aviation. Pat flew West at about 4 pm yesterday surrounded by family at home
in Hanford California. 
 Pats' Son, Anthony, called William Wynne to inform. William and Pat were close friends.  

Vern  
    


From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Jon Finley <jd@...>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2022 6:52 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Pat Panzera - Gone West
 
I just saw a note on VAF that Pat Panzera recently succumbed to pancreatic cancer after a long, tough fight. Afraid I don't have any details.

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4


Re: Pat Panzera - Gone West

Terrence ONeill
 

Thanks, Jon.
Pat befriended me years ago, and ran my project in his Issue 16 of CONTACT! Magazine.  Also many of my parts for sale…always friendly., and discussed many prjjects of like minded guys.
So sorry to see Pat pass, but look forward top seeing him in the Next.

Terrence O'Neill

On Feb 14, 2022, at 7:17 AM, Anthony P <solarant@...> wrote:

Copied from the Dragonfly List:
"Pat flew West this morning. From William Wynne:Pat’s son Antonio called me to say that his father had passed about an hour ago, at home, surrounded with his family.
The sun will set shortly in Hanford California, and this day, Pats last on earth, will end. The sun will rise tomorrow, and for Pat’s son and grandsons, it will be the first day in a world that have never known; a world without the family patriarch, ever concerned with their lives and spirits. They will go forward provisioned with all that he taught them, mostly by example.
Let each of us who knew and treasured the friendship of Pat, personally vow that we will repay Pats camaraderie to us by providing our guidance and assistance to them, as we know Pat would have done for our loved ones, if any of us had been taken away way too soon.
Goodbye my friend. You have my eternal admiration for how you manfully conducted yourself through the hardest times fate dealt you. It was a stirring example of human toughness, and right now I wish I could tell you that, just one more time.


--
Q2 N86KL


Re: Pat Panzera - Gone West

Martin Skiby
 

He put up one hell of a fight!   God speed my friend.  

Martin

 


On Feb 14, 2022, at 8:48 AM, smeshno1@... wrote:


 I believe you have close ties to Pat yourself, Jon. I grieve with you. Your very special Q aircraft was part of a great issue 
of Contact! His passing is a loss to all of Experiential Aviation.  Pats' long term dedication to the activity we also 
participate in drives home the deep positive character of all aviators. None of us would be pilots had we not been 
strongly dedicated AND kept a positive desire to earn our General Aviation certificates and more specifically 
as builders in Experimental Aviation. Pat flew West at about 4 pm yesterday surrounded by family at home
in Hanford California. 
 Pats' Son, Anthony, called William Wynne to inform. William and Pat were close friends.  

Vern  
    


From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Jon Finley <jd@...>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2022 6:52 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Pat Panzera - Gone West
 
I just saw a note on VAF that Pat Panzera recently succumbed to pancreatic cancer after a long, tough fight. Afraid I don't have any details.

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4


Re: Pat Panzera - Gone West

Frankenbird Vern
 

 I believe you have close ties to Pat yourself, Jon. I grieve with you. Your very special Q aircraft was part of a great issue 
of Contact! His passing is a loss to all of Experiential Aviation.  Pats' long term dedication to the activity we also 
participate in drives home the deep positive character of all aviators. None of us would be pilots had we not been 
strongly dedicated AND kept a positive desire to earn our General Aviation certificates and more specifically 
as builders in Experimental Aviation. Pat flew West at about 4 pm yesterday surrounded by family at home
in Hanford California. 
 Pats' Son, Anthony, called William Wynne to inform. William and Pat were close friends.  

Vern  
    


From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Jon Finley <jd@...>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2022 6:52 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Pat Panzera - Gone West
 
I just saw a note on VAF that Pat Panzera recently succumbed to pancreatic cancer after a long, tough fight. Afraid I don't have any details.

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4


Re: Pat Panzera - Gone West

Larry
 

Rest In Peace my friend


On Feb 14, 2022, at 6:17 AM, Anthony P <solarant@...> wrote:

Copied from the Dragonfly List:
"Pat flew West this morning. From William Wynne:Pat’s son Antonio called me to say that his father had passed about an hour ago, at home, surrounded with his family.
The sun will set shortly in Hanford California, and this day, Pats last on earth, will end. The sun will rise tomorrow, and for Pat’s son and grandsons, it will be the first day in a world that have never known; a world without the family patriarch, ever concerned with their lives and spirits. They will go forward provisioned with all that he taught them, mostly by example.
Let each of us who knew and treasured the friendship of Pat, personally vow that we will repay Pats camaraderie to us by providing our guidance and assistance to them, as we know Pat would have done for our loved ones, if any of us had been taken away way too soon.
Goodbye my friend. You have my eternal admiration for how you manfully conducted yourself through the hardest times fate dealt you. It was a stirring example of human toughness, and right now I wish I could tell you that, just one more time.


--
Q2 N86KL


Re: Pat Panzera - Gone West

Anthony P
 

Copied from the Dragonfly List:

"Pat flew West this morning. From William Wynne:Pat’s son Antonio called me to say that his father had passed about an hour ago, at home, surrounded with his family.
The sun will set shortly in Hanford California, and this day, Pats last on earth, will end. The sun will rise tomorrow, and for Pat’s son and grandsons, it will be the first day in a world that have never known; a world without the family patriarch, ever concerned with their lives and spirits. They will go forward provisioned with all that he taught them, mostly by example.
Let each of us who knew and treasured the friendship of Pat, personally vow that we will repay Pats camaraderie to us by providing our guidance and assistance to them, as we know Pat would have done for our loved ones, if any of us had been taken away way too soon.
Goodbye my friend. You have my eternal admiration for how you manfully conducted yourself through the hardest times fate dealt you. It was a stirring example of human toughness, and right now I wish I could tell you that, just one more time.


--
Q2 N86KL


Pat Panzera - Gone West

Jon Finley
 

I just saw a note on VAF that Pat Panzera recently succumbed to pancreatic cancer after a long, tough fight. Afraid I don't have any details.

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4


Re: Reminder! Saturday's Q-Tour - Matthew Curcio's Well Traveled Q-200 February 12 - 10:00 Central Time

Richard Thomson
 

Thanks Matthew for your tour, nice to see there is another MGL EFis on the list, we will have to compare notes.

As always, thanks to Sam for the invite.

Great job both of you.

Rich T

GB

On 10/02/2022 23:20, Sam Hoskins wrote:
Please note the time, it is a little different.  It should be a really interesting presentation.

This month's Q-Tour features Matthew Curcio.  I met Matthew at Oshkosh a few years ago. He was living in Ohio and had just acquired a Q-200. He got the plane up and running and got a job at Scaled Composites. Since then, he has flown in each of the lower 48 states and also to Barrow, Alaska. He made several modifications to turn his Q-200 into a real long distance plane. This will be a really interesting Q-tour, be sure to join us. 

Sam Hoskins is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/74483660582?pwd=Hz8O3XihCBUy-wqi5R654OmwkZjpKK.1

Meeting ID: 744 8366 0582
Passcode: TZ09hX


Re: Flush Type Finishing Washer Used on Tail?

Richard Thomson
 

Hi Corbin,

Take care if you are using stainless screws with standard anchor nuts and you use a power screwdriver. They can seize and damage the nut or the mounting rivets.

I use a slight smear of anti seize on the thread to lubricate those regularly removed like my cowling screws, it still has enough friction to lock the screw.

Rich T.

On 13/02/2022 21:55, Corbin via groups.io wrote:
On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 11:30 PM, Richard Gammon wrote:
MS24694C
Thanks Richard.  I placed an order with Aircraft Spruce a few days ago so I am hoping they are the right ones.  They have a warehouse close to my house so I typically receive orders with a day or two, at most.  I hate their shipping costs though and try to order from other sources as much as possible.
 
--

Corbin 
N121CG


New videos, wheel cam location

Jay Scheevel
 



Hi Guys,

 

I flew this morning and tried a new camera location. On the top of the right main gear fairing. I kind of like it. It is not forward facing, but because of the wide angle you see forward and also off to the side. Maybe 45 degrees. Good for watching what is going on under the plane. In the longer takeoff to cruise video, you can see where I close the radiator doors at about 4:30 in the video. Speed goes up 5-7 mph as a result of that. I made a pattern entry and landing video, and another one so you can find my house, when you come fly into my valley.

 

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q2, N8WQ 203 hours

 

Take off and set up for cruise: https://youtu.be/32CnpAszy3s

Enter pattern and land: https://youtu.be/1UwTI2DoMz8

Find my house: https://youtu.be/S8o-6Pgosfc

 


Re: Flush Type Finishing Washer Used on Tail?

Corbin
 

On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 11:30 PM, Richard Gammon wrote:
MS24694C
Thanks Richard.  I placed an order with Aircraft Spruce a few days ago so I am hoping they are the right ones.  They have a warehouse close to my house so I typically receive orders with a day or two, at most.  I hate their shipping costs though and try to order from other sources as much as possible.
 
--

Corbin 
N121CG


Re: Flush Type Finishing Washer Used on Tail?

Richard Gammon <gamzoom@...>
 

Hi Corbin,
 
Looking at the Hardware section, HA, in the Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co. catalog, you will find them under :
Tinnerman countersunk washers.
 
There are a few types to choose from.  Stainless, plated spring steel, (and G8 with No8 hole OD as a No10 .
 
All are for AN or MS flat head/countersunk screws.
The correct screws are NAS514 Philips flat head or MS24694C Stainless Steel.
Note all are 100 deg heads and NOT the hardware store angle or the familiar wood countersink angle.
 
I am trusting that the Q installation design was using all AN or MS fasteners. Of The same thread sizes, AN,MS threads are of a closer fit to give a stronger fastener. (incase you wondered).
 
Aircraft Spruce number is 877 477 7823 or online catalog, www.aircraftspruce.com
You can order a free of charge catalog but is “one and a half inch thick”, so use online unless you like thick books or are building a plane.
 
Richard G
*************

Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2022 4:23 PM
Subject: [Q-List] Flush Type Finishing Washer Used on Tail?
 
I am trying to find the flush-type finishing washer used with the screws to join the tail to the fuselage.  I don't believe they are conical washers so I am hoping many of us out there know what I am referring to.  There are likely so many different ways to connect the tail but if anyone knows what I am talking about and the size/name I would greatly appreciate it. 

I don't have access to my plans right now but will in a day or two and can look through in case these are a "per plan" part.
--

Corbin
N121CG


Re: Reminder! Saturday's Q-Tour - Matthew Curcio's Well Traveled Q-200 February 12 - 10:00 Central Time

Jay Scheevel
 

Sorry I had to miss this morning but I am looking forward to catching up with the show when it is online. Thanks especially to Sam for archiving those for us slackers.

Cheers,
Jay


On Feb 12, 2022, at 5:00 PM, Dave Dugas via groups.io <davedq2@...> wrote:

I agree. Thank you Sam, and great job Matthew. Very interesting stuff.
Dave D


On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 6:45 PM, Kevin Boddicker
<trumanst@...> wrote:
I too enjoyed the show.
Thanks Sam and Matthew.
It seems to me that Sam asked me what I thought of the idea of Zoom meetings almost two years ago.
I told him it was a great idea. He said “good, cause you are gonna be first”.
Still a great idea and a smashing success. 
Bravo Sam!!!


Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B   570 hrs
Luana, IA.



On Feb 12, 2022, at 11:18 AM, Rick Hole via groups.io <r.hole@...> wrote:

Oh, that was a fun time on the Zoom.  Thank you, Matthew, for a good presentation.
 
 
Rick Hole
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
 
From: main@Q-List.groups.io [mailto:main@Q-List.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sam Hoskins
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2022 5:21 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: [Q-List] Reminder! Saturday's Q-Tour - Matthew Curcio's Well Traveled Q-200 February 12 - 10:00 Central Time
 
Please note the time, it is a little different.  It should be a really interesting presentation.

This month's Q-Tour features Matthew Curcio.  I met Matthew at Oshkosh a few years ago. He was living in Ohio and had just acquired a Q-200. He got the plane up and running and got a job at Scaled Composites. Since then, he has flown in each of the lower 48 states and also to Barrow, Alaska. He made several modifications to turn his Q-200 into a real long distance plane. This will be a really interesting Q-tour, be sure to join us. 

Sam Hoskins is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/74483660582?pwd=Hz8O3XihCBUy-wqi5R654OmwkZjpKK.1

Meeting ID: 744 8366 0582
Passcode: TZ09hX



Re: Reminder! Saturday's Q-Tour - Matthew Curcio's Well Traveled Q-200 February 12 - 10:00 Central Time

Dave Dugas
 

I agree. Thank you Sam, and great job Matthew. Very interesting stuff.
Dave D


On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 6:45 PM, Kevin Boddicker
<trumanst@...> wrote:
I too enjoyed the show.
Thanks Sam and Matthew.
It seems to me that Sam asked me what I thought of the idea of Zoom meetings almost two years ago.
I told him it was a great idea. He said “good, cause you are gonna be first”.
Still a great idea and a smashing success. 
Bravo Sam!!!


Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B   570 hrs
Luana, IA.



On Feb 12, 2022, at 11:18 AM, Rick Hole via groups.io <r.hole@...> wrote:

Oh, that was a fun time on the Zoom.  Thank you, Matthew, for a good presentation.
 
 
Rick Hole
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
 
From: main@Q-List.groups.io [mailto:main@Q-List.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sam Hoskins
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2022 5:21 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: [Q-List] Reminder! Saturday's Q-Tour - Matthew Curcio's Well Traveled Q-200 February 12 - 10:00 Central Time
 
Please note the time, it is a little different.  It should be a really interesting presentation.

This month's Q-Tour features Matthew Curcio.  I met Matthew at Oshkosh a few years ago. He was living in Ohio and had just acquired a Q-200. He got the plane up and running and got a job at Scaled Composites. Since then, he has flown in each of the lower 48 states and also to Barrow, Alaska. He made several modifications to turn his Q-200 into a real long distance plane. This will be a really interesting Q-tour, be sure to join us. 

Sam Hoskins is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/74483660582?pwd=Hz8O3XihCBUy-wqi5R654OmwkZjpKK.1

Meeting ID: 744 8366 0582
Passcode: TZ09hX


1321 - 1340 of 55038