0200 Engine

Jim Patillo

Does anyone have an 0200 vacuum pump cover they would part with? I'm finally getting rid of about 30 lbs. of vacuum stuff.

Jim
N46JP

Mike Dwyer

I think I just built one out of 1/4" AL.  Back before CAD so don't ask for a drawing!
Mike Dwyer Q200

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 8:15 PM Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
Does anyone have an 0200 vacuum pump cover they would part with? I'm finally getting rid of about 30 lbs. of vacuum stuff.

Jim
N46JP

Kevin Sheeley

I did the same as Mike. Use the gasket as a template.

On Monday, December 20, 2021, 8:19:19 PM EST, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

I think I just built one out of 1/4" AL.  Back before CAD so don't ask for a drawing!
Mike Dwyer Q200

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 8:15 PM Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
Does anyone have an 0200 vacuum pump cover they would part with? I'm finally getting rid of about 30 lbs. of vacuum stuff.

Jim
N46JP

Jim Patillo

Thanks guys. Mike N. Directed me to one.

Jim
N46JP

I did the same as Mike. Use the gasket as a template.

On Monday, December 20, 2021, 8:19:19 PM EST, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

I think I just built one out of 1/4" AL.  Back before CAD so don't ask for a drawing!
Mike Dwyer Q200

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 8:15 PM Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
Does anyone have an 0200 vacuum pump cover they would part with? I'm finally getting rid of about 30 lbs. of vacuum stuff.

Jim
N46JP

Bruce Crain

Say Jim an A and P used a “wicking lock tight” at the outside of the crank case halves in the split.  I had not been able to get this area to seal the oil seep.
I also used several 8 x 11 sheets of sand paper laid flat to “surface” the metal covere that replaced the suction pump when removed.  Cleared up most all of the oil seeps and things are now dry after several years.
Bruce Crain

On Dec 20, 2021, at 7:54 PM, Jim Patillo <logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Thanks guys. Mike N. Directed me to one.

Jim
N46JP

I did the same as Mike. Use the gasket as a template.

On Monday, December 20, 2021, 8:19:19 PM EST, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

I think I just built one out of 1/4" AL.  Back before CAD so don't ask for a drawing!
Mike Dwyer Q200

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 8:15 PM Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
Does anyone have an 0200 vacuum pump cover they would part with? I'm finally getting rid of about 30 lbs. of vacuum stuff.

Jim
N46JP

Richard Thomson

    Hi Jim

    There is an oil gallery on the face that is about 1/8th inch diameter. I used some PRC on an 1/8 countersink rivet to seal it off. had no leaks on my plate at all.

    Rich T

On 21/12/2021 03:45, Bruce Crain wrote:
[...]

Sam Hoskins

Jim,

I just made one out of quarter inch aluminum and use the factory gasket. It's just dandy.

Sam

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021, 7:15 PM Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
Does anyone have an 0200 vacuum pump cover they would part with? I'm finally getting rid of about 30 lbs. of vacuum stuff.

Jim
N46JP

Kevin Boddicker

Me too Jim!
Got an AV 30!

Kevin

On Dec 20, 2021, at 7:15 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Does anyone have an 0200 vacuum pump cover they would part with? I'm finally getting rid of about 30 lbs. of vacuum stuff.

Jim
N46JP

Bruce Crain

I had not thought of this fix Rich.  Good advice!
Bruce

I did the same as Mike. Use the gasket as a template.

On Monday, December 20, 2021, 8:19:19 PM EST, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

I think I just built one out of 1/4" AL.  Back before CAD so don't ask for a drawing!
Mike Dwyer Q200

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 8:15 PM Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
Does anyone have an 0200 vacuum pump cover they would part with? I'm finally getting rid of about 30 lbs. of vacuum stuff.

Jim
N46JP

Richard Thomson

  I forgot to say that blanking the gallery is only if you are removing the gear housing and the pump.

    Rich T.

On 21/12/2021 13:57, Bruce Crain wrote:
I had not thought of this fix Rich.  Good advice!

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#53268) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [richard@...]

_._,_._,_

Mike Dwyer

Richard. the oil gallery... wouldn't it be sealed by the gasket covering the plate?  Am I missing something?
Thanks,

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 9:33 AM Richard Thomson <richard@...> wrote:

  I forgot to say that blanking the gallery is only if you are removing the gear housing and the pump.

    Rich T.

On 21/12/2021 13:57, Bruce Crain wrote:
I had not thought of this fix Rich.  Good advice!

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#53268) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [richard@...]

Richard Thomson

    I was going to just do that but my engine guy said it was better to seal it so It wont tend to seep over time with the pressure.

    So I did but personal choice.

    Rich, T

On 21/12/2021 14:44, Mike Dwyer wrote:
Richard. the oil gallery... wouldn't it be sealed by the gasket covering the plate?  Am I missing something?
Thanks,.
Mike Dwyer Q200

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 9:33 AM Richard Thomson <richard@...> wrote:

  I forgot to say that blanking the gallery is only if you are removing the gear housing and the pump.

    Rich T.

On 21/12/2021 13:57, Bruce Crain wrote:
I had not thought of this fix Rich.  Good advice!

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#53268) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [richard@...]

Jim Patillo

Thanks for the input guys. I found a new one at Wentworth for 20 bucks.

I had not thought of this fix Rich.  Good advice!
Bruce

I did the same as Mike. Use the gasket as a template.

On Monday, December 20, 2021, 8:19:19 PM EST, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

I think I just built one out of 1/4" AL.  Back before CAD so don't ask for a drawing!
Mike Dwyer Q200

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 8:15 PM Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
Does anyone have an 0200 vacuum pump cover they would part with? I'm finally getting rid of about 30 lbs. of vacuum stuff.

Jim
N46JP

Phil Lankford

I saw that guy on twitter cut a pipe, stuff it with a cucumber, cut it smooth to the pipe and dollop JB Weld over the end. Looked like it might meet AC 43.13.

Hello Jim: Glad to see you moving into the modern era. Have you settled on any particular AHRS brand for your upgrade?

Phil Lankford

On Dec 20, 2021, at 5:54 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Thanks guys. Mike N. Directed me to one.

Jim
N46JP

I did the same as Mike. Use the gasket as a template.

On Monday, December 20, 2021, 8:19:19 PM EST, Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:

I think I just built one out of 1/4" AL.  Back before CAD so don't ask for a drawing!
Mike Dwyer Q200

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 8:15 PM Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
Does anyone have an 0200 vacuum pump cover they would part with? I'm finally getting rid of about 30 lbs. of vacuum stuff.

Jim
N46JP

Jim Patillo

Kevin I am putting in two AV30’s (with wifi). Have they fixed the drift problem in the DH yet? The two units combined supposedly equate to an EFIS without tearing your panel apart. I plan to use the 1st one as an AI and the other as a DG but as you know, they both have optional screens. It would be nice if UA could come up with a glide slope. Maybe it's in the works. 😊

Jim
N46JP Q200
I now have 1822 hours on my Q which equates to roughly 310,000 miles. I fly weekly and she still runs fast and steady.