A little bragging

Chris McAtee <Subcanis@...>

Hey Guys!

Today (12/21/2000) I made my first solo flight! The weather was clear, the plane (a C-172) was good to me, and the the tower guys treated me well. It was a blast! I cant wait to do it all over again in my Q!

Chris McAtee

Sam Hoskins <shoskins@...>

Very good, Chris. Keep up the good work and be sure and fly at least twice a
week!

Sam

Chris McAtee wrote:

Hey Guys!

Today (12/21/2000) I made my first solo flight! The weather was clear, the
plane (a C-172) was good to me, and the the tower guys treated me well. It
was a blast! I cant wait to do it all over again in my Q!

Chris McAtee

Michael D. Callahan <micallahan@...>

Go man Go!! If you had fun with that, wait until your xctrys! Mike C.

Today (12/21/2000) I made my first solo flight! The weather was clear,
the
plane (a C-172) was good to me, and the the tower guys treated me well.
It
was a blast! I cant wait to do it all over again in my Q!

Chris McAtee

Britt Crowell <britt@...>

Chris,
Great job! I am a new pilot also. I just barley have 100hr TT now.
Finished up about a year ago. Keep up the flying. If you can swing 2
flights a week it will make things move more smoothly and will cost you less
in the end. Dont put off your written, just get it out of the way! And fly
fly fly. It took me about 60 hours because of a 4-6 month lapse and had to
get back in the saddle again. If I had stayed on track I could have finished
in about 45 easy. Then I got checked out in the 172 (did all my flying in
152 heavy at field elevation of 5000ft hot summer days were a little mushy!
300ft per min climbs), 182 (high performance check out) and went for a joy
ride in a twin piper Comanche last week (Christmas to self). Have fun and
keep it up. The cross countrys are a blast. Especially if your close to VFR
minimums as I was on my short solo one.

Regards
Britt Crowell
TCD Webmaster