From: James Postma
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 4:24 PM
Subject: [Q-LIST] canard replacement

Group,

What procedure would you follow to replace a GU canard. My concerns are:
How to best cut out the old canard (tools and method) and install the new canard.
How to align the new canard properly (incidence, lateral level, skew).

James Postma
Q2 Revmaster N145EX
Q200 N8427
Steilacoom, Washington
(253) 584-1182 9:00 to 8:00 PDT
May your header tank be always full and your wings right side up.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada

Peter Harris <peterjfharris@...>

If you want to salvage the canard you will also need to think about how to separate it from the bed of flox under the mag box, and from the back side of the firewall.
If you just want to reposition the canard you can cut through the firewall and the mag box about an inch above the canard surface.
Peter