Jim-Bob 6 Pack

Shank

hi all,

i met jim patillo at oshkosh this summer when i had my Q-2 there. he said he would send me the JB 6 pack plans if i emailed him. i haven't been able to reach him. is he MIA?

does anyone know where i can get the JB 6 pack plans? specifically i need the rudder bellcrank and castering tailwheel mod, including recommended part numbers for tailwheel assembly. i also need the brake caliper mod (not sure if it is one of the 6) that better aligns the calipers to reduce the binding and dragging from their sitting slightly cockeyed. i have the original brake assemblies (i think).

i already have the reflexor and differential brakes. i don't have the belly board and i probably won't add it. if i come off the perch below 100 mph and make the final turn in idle, with a bit of wind i can glide to touchdown or on a calm day, i have enough rudder to get all the slipping i need to dump excess altitude. (more gas to throw on that fire) i have the original size rudder, also. i may consider the alignment someday, but i have a couple other projects first.

i must agree with those who have said it is not an airplane design problem. this airplane was supposed to be small, fast, slick and high performance. you must respect it and stay ahead of it. i flew my Q after 3 hours of dual in a Taylorcraft L-2 and about 6 hours of taxi time from a 38 foot wide runway. there was no time to relax until it was tied up in the hangar. now i am at a bigger airport with full size runways, so i have some margin for error (pilot error, not design flaws). just some thoughts from a low Q-time pilot who is still on the steep part of the learning curve.

if anyone can help me out with the plans i need, i will gladly pay for copy expenses and shipping. please let me know. you can email me directly at uhlshank@...

thanks,

Blake "Shank" Uhl
N32LL - Q2 w/ Revmaster
St Simons Island, GA

James Postma <james@...>

The LaRue brake mod is in Q-talk and may be posted on the list.

The mod allows the brake to have only one degree-of-freedom to allow for
lining wear. The stock system flops around all over and must be made and
maintained very precisely.

James Postma
Q2 Revmaster N145EX
Q200 N8427
Steilacoom, Washington
(253) 584-1182 9:00 to 8:00 PDT
May your header tank be always full and your wings right side up.