Anyone know gross for Q1 ?

moehlencamp@...

Brian Neiman, Sr. <brian_neiman@...>

Anyone know gross for Q1 ?

Brian A. Neiman, Sr
715-212-7024 - WI
610-574-1939 - PA
"Leadership is influence, plain and simple" - Maxwell
"Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what is very often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt

Brian Neiman, Sr. <brian_neiman@...>

Thanks !
Found the gross and do not seem to be able to find fuel capacity. Anyone know the Q1 fuel capacity ?

moehlencamp@... wrote:
Try QBA FAQ.

http://www.quickiebuilders.org/cgi-bin/smartfaq.cgi?subject=980713583

Bob Mo

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Brian A. Neiman, Sr
715-212-7024 - WI
610-574-1939 - PA
"Leadership is influence, plain and simple" - Maxwell
"Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what is very often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt

Tri-Q1 <rryan@...>

Mine is 8 gallons.

Ryan N-2XV

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Brian Neiman, Sr."

moehlencamp@a... wrote:
Try QBA FAQ.

http://www.quickiebuilders.org/cgi-bin/smartfaq.cgi?
subject=980713583

Bob Mo

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Service.

Brian A. Neiman, Sr
715-212-7024 - WI
610-574-1939 - PA
"Leadership is influence, plain and simple" - Maxwell

charlieh88

Ryan what is the weight of your Q1, speed(cruise & top
end) fuel consuption
Reason for asking thinking of engines for my Q1
Thanks
Charlie
--- Tri-Q1 <rryan@...> wrote:

Mine is 8 gallons.

Ryan N-2XV

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Brian Neiman, Sr."

moehlencamp@a... wrote:
Try QBA FAQ.

http://www.quickiebuilders.org/cgi-bin/smartfaq.cgi?
subject=980713583

Bob Mo

removed]

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

Brian A. Neiman, Sr
715-212-7024 - WI
610-574-1939 - PA
"Leadership is influence, plain and simple" -
Maxwell
"Credit should go with the performance of duty and
not with what is
very often the accident of glory" - Theodore
Roosevelt

removed]

http://mail.yahoo.com

Brian Neiman, Sr. <brian_neiman@...>

Have you checked out the (pricey) HKS ?
http://www.hpower-ltd.com/
Has anyone ever considered a honda...?
http://www.tulsaenginewarehouse.com/catalog/honda/horiz/gx670/

charlie howell <charlieh88@...> wrote:
Ryan what is the weight of your Q1, speed(cruise & top
end) fuel consuption
Reason for asking thinking of engines for my Q1
Thanks
Charlie
--- Tri-Q1 <rryan@...> wrote:

Mine is 8 gallons.

Ryan N-2XV

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Brian Neiman, Sr."

moehlencamp@a... wrote:
[...]

Glenn Watson

I am re-building a Q1 at the present time and am planning on using the new 24 hp Honda V-twin. Probably 4 to 6 months off. When I get it flying, I will give you a report.
Does anyone know a source for a prop flange? California Power use to carry it but have discontinued it.
Glenn Watson
Stonewall, LA.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Brian A. Neiman, Sr
715-212-7024 - WI
610-574-1939 - PA
"Leadership is influence, plain and simple" - Maxwell
"Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what is very often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

HawkiDoug <hawkidoug@...>

Another modern engine for the Q1 would be the Kohler. I believe Great Plains A/C sells a conversion for it.

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
www.asignabove.net
Omaha NE
N25974

http://mail.yahoo.com

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Brian A. Neiman, Sr
715-212-7024 - WI
610-574-1939 - PA
"Leadership is influence, plain and simple" - Maxwell
"Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what is very often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Dorothea Keats and Chris Walterson <dkeats@...>

Charlie-------- My Super Quickie has a empty of 349, gross of 600 ,
cruise 130mph, flat out 150mph, porpoise in the 60mph range. 8 gallons
of fuel.
Have the 52hp Rotax . Lots of power, lots of fun------------ Canada
Chris

Ralph Strahm <kbonanza@...>

Canada Chris--------Can I buy the engine mounts or plans to mount that 52hp
Rotax on my Quickie project?

cruise 130mph, flat out 150mph, porpoise in the 60mph range. 8 gallons
of fuel.
Have the 52hp Rotax . Lots of power, lots of fun------------ Canada
Chris

Tri-Q1 <rryan@...>

Chris,

What is your fuel burn @ 130mph______ 150mph______?

Ryan

--- In Q-LIST@..., Dorothea Keats and Chris Walterson
<dkeats@n...> wrote:
Charlie-------- My Super Quickie has a empty of 349, gross of
600 ,
cruise 130mph, flat out 150mph, porpoise in the 60mph range. 8
gallons
of fuel.
Have the 52hp Rotax . Lots of power, lots of fun------------ Canada
Chris

Paul Spackman

Ralph,
Take a look at the superq.pfd file in the file section of this list.
Paul Spackman
--- In Q-LIST@..., "Ralph Strahm" <kbonanza@e...> wrote:
Canada Chris--------Can I buy the engine mounts or plans to mount
that 52hp
Rotax on my Quickie project?

cruise 130mph, flat out 150mph, porpoise in the 60mph range. 8
gallons
of fuel.
Have the 52hp Rotax . Lots of power, lots of fun------------
Canada
Chris

haiqu

Brian,

480 pounds.

Rob

wrote:
Anyone know gross for Q1 ?

Brian A. Neiman, Sr
715-212-7024 - WI
610-574-1939 - PA
"Leadership is influence, plain and simple" - Maxwell

haiqu

Chris,

600 pounds? Geez, I might just be able to get enough fuel in her to
fly to New Zealand after all!!

Rob

<dkeats@n...> wrote:
Charlie-------- My Super Quickie has a empty of 349, gross of 600 ,
cruise 130mph, flat out 150mph, porpoise in the 60mph range. 8 gallons
of fuel.
Have the 52hp Rotax . Lots of power, lots of fun------------ Canada
Chris

Dorothea Keats and Chris Walterson <dkeats@...>

Ralph-------- As the other post said, the plans for the Super Quickie
mods are in the files in the Q list.
Ryan---------- The fuel burn gets pretty scarey in the 6,000 rpm range.
Must be 5 gph. Throttle back to 5200 and it's around 3.5 . With the 8
US gallons on board I get about 1 1/2 hrs at a resonable cruise and then
I'm into my reserve.
As for the gross weight , In Canada as long as we can get our 300fpm
climb rate at gross, that can be our new gross. We need to stay within
the "utility" cataglory for G loading. I think it's 3.7. With the
amount of weight I carry and the wing area I end up at 13 lbs per sq .
ft. If I went to 13.3 lbs per Sq ft, the airplane would be classified
as High performance and I would need another rating. Or you can try to
convince Transport Canada that the elevators act as flaps and then you
can get a higher wing loading. With me and fuel I'm at 580 and someday I
may install and aux. fuel tank, but for now my 1400fpm climb blows the
carbon out of my arteries, just fine ------------ canada chris

Tri-Q1 <rryan@...>

Chris, so your 130mph is at 5200rpn.
What prop do you use and Dia. & pitch /

<dkeats@n...> wrote:
[...]

John ten Have <Jtenhave@...>

Chris,

we are talking about a geared engine here?

John

> Must be 5 gph. Throttle back to 5200 and it's around 3.5 . With
the 8
> US gallons on board I get about 1 1/2 hrs at a resonable cruise and
then
> I'm into my reserve.
> As for the gross weight , In Canada as long as we can get our 300fpm
> climb rate at gross, that can be our new gross. We need to stay
within
> the "utility" cataglory for G loading. I think it's 3.7. With
the
> amount of weight I carry and the wing area I end up at 13 lbs per
sq .
> ft. If I went to 13.3 lbs per Sq ft, the airplane would be
classified
> as High performance and I would need another rating. Or you can
try to
> convince Transport Canada that the elevators act as flaps and then
you
> can get a higher wing loading. With me and fuel I'm at 580 and
someday I
> may install and aux. fuel tank, but for now my 1400fpm climb blows
the
> carbon out of my arteries, just fine ------------ canada chris

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Ralph Strahm <kbonanza@...>

Canada Chris, the engine enhancement sounds like it makes a performer out
of the Q1, but where would the aux fuel go?

[...]

Ryan--------- I use a GSC wood prop made in British Columbia,
Canada. I have the "big wheel " mod so I get to run a 52 inch prop.
I don't remember the exact pitch , but it's about all I can get from the
ground adjustment. I'm guessing about 28 degrees. I have the 2.58
reduction in the gear box.
Any Quickie with 52 hp should get at least a 125 mph cruise if it's
setup well. My cowl is a bit draggy and I could probably get a bit more
with some cleaning up , but for now it's fine. Have fun-------------
Canada Chris

Dorothea Keats and Chris Walterson <dkeats@...>

Ralph------- There's enough room behingd the seat in a Quickie to
install a wedge style aux fuel tank. Could be 3--5 gallons and it's
close enough to the cg to not be a real problem. I'm not breaking new
ground here, but following the lead of Jinx and Hawk and also getting
alot of help from Robert Bounds. ---------- Canada Chris