Patillo's Front Spinner Bulkhead and Catto's Latest Prop

Brad Olson <n1tm@...>

Hopefully this will work on the first attempt.

Someone on the list wanted photos of Jim Patillo's front spinner
bulkhead. I took some pictures of it today as we removed the prop
from 46JP to put on a new 3 blade prop from Craig Catto, which is his
latest design. Contact Jim for details, but the bulkhead is aluminum
with rubber rolled over the edge to fit the spinner diam.

The prop will end up on my plane, 321TM, but I had the engine off so
Jim offered to "test" it for me. Jim reports it to be very quiet and
smooth, but it will need a slight adjustment to get more RPM. Jim
kept up with another fast Livermore Q200, but was running 400 RPM
less. Catto delivered the prop yesterday at the canard flyin at
Columbia, CA.

Brad Olson
N321TM, Livermore, CA

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/n1tm@pacbell.net/album?.dir=7bf8&.src=ph

Mark/Pat Pearson/Pound <wlkabout@...>

Great pics!! and a beautiful prop. A lot like I envision hanging on the
front of my 64HP Q1. How do I get a hold of Craig Catto?

Mark

Brad Olson wrote:

[...]

Service.

Peter Harris <peterjfharris@...>

Jim I read that rpm was down by 400 and I guess max power down also. Did you try for max speed at WOT? How did the max speed compare with your regular prop? I am experimenting with a Warp Drive 3 blade adjustable prop and looking for ideas. I have read that we get a 5% efficiency advantage with a two blade prop.
Regards, Peter