Stablilty during taxi

Jim Patillo

David,

I've already pointed out the possibility of weak springs at the
firewall to Severson. I don't believe he has a bellcrank mod but may
be wrong. I found that different strength rudder springs at the
firewall produced vastly different handling charisteristics before
switching to the bell crank mod. The plane can go from totally stable
to very twitchy in taxi. As I've said all along; if you only do some
of the mods the results will vary. With a plane that already has too
many varibles that is not a good thing!

Jim P N46JP Q200

Larry Severson

From Postma

I've already pointed out the possibility of weak springs at the
firewall to Severson.
It is probably that I am weak, but my springs are a bear to hook up - on
either side.

I don't believe he has a bellcrank mod but may
be wrong.
It is installed!

I will try to create a +3 degree camber, but I do have the big wheels.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...

David J. Gall

Larry,

Ummmm, I hope I'm misunderstanding your intent, but you don't need +3, just zero at gross weight. The +3 was a new-construction guideline to make the wheelpant attachment....

Keep up the good work,

David J. Gall

At 12:56 PM 6/27/2005 -0800, you wrote:
Larry,

Ummmm, I hope I'm misunderstanding your intent, but you don't need +3,
just zero at gross weight. The +3 was a new-construction guideline to make
the wheelpant attachment....

Keep up the good work,

David J. Gall

----------
I am not at the plane, but 3 degrees works out close to 20 to 1. If the
axel is 8 inches, I should be able to drop the outside and raise the
inside (including braking system) each 3/16ths to achieve close to the 3
degrees. This should (?) only move the top of the wheel less than 3/8ths of
an inch outward. Taking off the wheel pants is not a viable option at this
time. Also, I may find the above does not work either with my 500X5 wheels.
I can only do my best.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...

James Postma <james@...>

Exactly. The canard flexes 3 degrees going from no load to gross so if you
set it at +3 when constructing you may not have to adjust the camber after
building the airplane.

James Postma
Q2 Revmaster N145EX
Q2 Revmaster with LS-1
Q200 N8427
Steilacoom, Washington
(253) 584-1182 9:00 to 8:00 PDT
May your header tank be always full and your wings right side up.

I've already pointed out the possibility of weak springs at the
firewall to Severson.
It is probably that I am weak, but my springs are a bear to hook up - on
either side.

I don't believe he has a bellcrank mod but may
be wrong.
It is installed!

I will try to create a +3 degree camber, but I do have the big wheels.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...

rondefly@...

James, did you arrive at the +3 degrees in static conditions? If so, that
would not be accurate. Under live taxi tests it would be much more. Sorta
like trying to hold 50# weight with it not moving, quite a bit different
when it is moving.

Ron T

Ron & Carolyn Triano Q-200 N4710P
http://bld01.ipowerweb.com/contentmanagement/websites/rtrianoc/page8.html

I've already pointed out the possibility of weak springs at the
firewall to Severson.
It is probably that I am weak, but my springs are a bear to hook up - on
either side.

I don't believe he has a bellcrank mod but may
be wrong.
It is installed!

I will try to create a +3 degree camber, but I do have the big wheels.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...