From: Rene Robertson <q2robertson@yahoo.ca>
To: Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:07:45 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [Q-LIST] LVK Fly-in , C-FBWV back home

Melinda and I made it back home last night in C-FBWV after a terrific time in
the Bay area!
Wow, we had a blast at the LVK fly-in. I cannot thank the guys and gals at LVK
enough for putting on such a fun event. Special honours go to Bob and Jim for
all of their hospitality and hard work. We really enjoyed meeting everyone and
putting a lot of faces to names I see often on our list. You guys are a great
bunch! I'm still on a high after chatting with everyone on Friday night and all
day Saturday. Jim cooked up a Turkey that was just unbelievable. Marinated in
his special blend of secret stuff and deep fried in peanut oil. As Bob had
mentioned earlier on, this Turkey is so good you can eat it everyday.
This was the only time ever that we had seen so many Quickies and a Dragonfly
together in living color. It was nice to get away to a place where the weather
was consistently nice and temps were perfect ;)
We left LVK on Sunday ,(thanks again Bob and Jan), for Reid Hillview to visit
with relatives in San Jose. On Wednesday morning 11:00 am we took off for Half
Moon Bay for some of the crab Jim had recommended. San Jose Int'l Tower
directed us straight across midfield and asked us if we had the 737 in sight on
downwind. As soon as we crossed the little ridge of mountians by the coast we
were above a solid layer of overcast marine layer at 2500'. We decided to carry
onto Half Moon Bay, but couldn't land due to the cloud cover. In fact if it
wasn't for the GPS, I had no idea where we were. We told San Jose that we would
carry on to the Golden Gate Bridge. No problem. Once there I could just make
out the Bridge below and Alcatraz was clear, so we slipped down through a hole
and flew over the Bridge at 1200', circled Alcatraz a couple of times and took
lots of pictures of Frisco. What a blast! After that we carried onto Redding
and homeward bound.
Thanks again to everyone for making our stay one to remember for a lifetime. I
highly recommend that anyone who hasn't yet attended this fly-in to do so next
year!

Rene & Melinda
Q2 C-FBWV

---------------------------------

Sam Hoskins <shoskins@...>

Make it 18', so you can support the tips. Just make it sturdy enough to
survive an earthquake.

Sam

_____

Folks ,what are the ideal dimensions for table to build LS1 canard on?
Willl a 2' X 16' be enough?

Regards,
Damian Gregory N8427 Q200

damiantwinsport@...

Leon ,thanks any progress on the Marske style spar test?

Regards,
Damian Gregory N8427 Q200

Folks ,what are the ideal dimensions for table to build LS1 canard on?
Willl a 2' X 16' be enough?

Regards,
Damian Gregory N8427 Q200

damiantwinsport@...

Thanks , David . I think I am just going to bite the bullet and go for 3'X 18' to make sure I can get pants over jig table I have Postma"s canard to fix as well as building a new one.

Regards,
Damian Gregory N8427 Q200