Quickie molds and plug

Bruce Crain

I received this note from Eric several weeks ago. He wonders if anyone is interested in the molds and plugs. I don't know if he wants any money but here is the note. I have his e-mail address if anyone is interested.

Bruce Crain
N96BJ

I have the fuselage molds and original plug. Think anyone might be
interested?

Eric Beeson
720-201-7992
9751 Majestic Drive
Longmont, CO 80504

Peter Harris <peterjfharris@...>

Whatever please don't lose these molds.
Peter

WERE THE MOLDS AND PLUG FOR THE Q-1,OR THE Q-2,Q-200?
RICHARD GLIMES

"jcrain2@..." <jcrain2@...> wrote:
I received this note from Eric several weeks ago. He wonders if anyone is interested in the molds and plugs. I don't know if he wants any money but here is the note. I have his e-mail address if anyone is interested.

Bruce Crain
N96BJ

I have the fuselage molds and original plug. Think anyone might be
interested?

Eric Beeson
720-201-7992
9751 Majestic Drive
Longmont, CO 80504

Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation maintenance schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art

---------------------------------

RICHARD GLIMES

"jcrain2@..." <jcrain2@...> wrote:
I received this note from Eric several weeks ago. He wonders if anyone is interested in the molds and plugs. I don't know if he wants any money but here is the note. I have his e-mail address if anyone is interested.

Bruce Crain
N96BJ

I have the fuselage molds and original plug. Think anyone might be
interested?

Eric Beeson
720-201-7992
9751 Majestic Drive
Longmont, CO 80504

Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation maintenance schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art

---------------------------------

Marinus B. &#92;(Ben&#92;) Bosma <ben@...>

The Q1 used the moldless construction technique.

-Ben
N124BB

_____

"jcrain2@..." <jcrain2@...> wrote:
I received this note from Eric several weeks ago. He wonders if anyone is
interested in the molds and plugs. I don't know if he wants any money but
here is the note. I have his e-mail address if anyone is interested.

Bruce Crain
N96BJ

I have the fuselage molds and original plug. Think anyone might be
interested?

Eric Beeson
720-201-7992
9751 Majestic Drive
Longmont, CO 80504

Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation maintenance
schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art

---------------------------------

_____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

on the web.

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

_____

JMasal@...

In a message dated 9/22/05 6:09:53 PM Central Daylight Time, ben@...
writes:

The Q1 used the moldless construction technique.

-Ben
While this is true, there WAS one particular Q1 made from Q2 type mold.

j.

damiantwinsport@...

Peter, I am on it.

Regards,
Damian Gregory N8427 Q200

"jcrain2@..." <jcrain2@...> wrote:
I received this note from Eric several weeks ago. He wonders if anyone is
interested in the molds and plugs. I don't know if he wants any money but here
is the note. I have his e-mail address if anyone is interested.

Bruce Crain
N96BJ

I have the fuselage molds and original plug. Think anyone might be
interested?

Eric Beeson
720-201-7992
9751 Majestic Drive
Longmont, CO 80504

Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation maintenance
schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art

---------------------------------

Peter Harris <peterjfharris@...>

Great ! Could be stretched and morphed into a Q3 ! I am thinking about letting the mandrel go. If there is a future for the spars they would be better made nearer the market.
Peter

"jcrain2@..." <jcrain2@...> wrote:
I received this note from Eric several weeks ago. He wonders if anyone is
interested in the molds and plugs. I don't know if he wants any money but here
is the note. I have his e-mail address if anyone is interested.

Bruce Crain
N96BJ

I have the fuselage molds and original plug. Think anyone might be
interested?

Eric Beeson
720-201-7992
9751 Majestic Drive
Longmont, CO 80504

Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation maintenance
schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art

---------------------------------

David J. Gall

Damian,

I'll take that to mean that you are acquiring the molds and plug. Do you also have the process description for the shells (materials, layup schedule, etc.)?

David J. Gall

"jcrain2@..." <jcrain2@...> wrote:
I received this note from Eric several weeks ago. He wonders if anyone is
interested in the molds and plugs. I don't know if he wants any money but here
is the note. I have his e-mail address if anyone is interested.

Bruce Crain
N96BJ

I have the fuselage molds and original plug. Think anyone might be
interested?

Eric Beeson
720-201-7992
9751 Majestic Drive
Longmont, CO 80504

raoborg@...

I think we should all get together and purchase these molds for the QA.
Raoul

____
Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation
maintenance
schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art
Terms of Service.
Terms of Service.

Terms of Service.

of Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

raoborg@...

I think the Q.A should purchase these molds. Raoul

"jcrain2@..." <jcrain2@...> wrote:
[...]

David , yes and yes. I also have a plan for using the plug to build a hi temp CF tool to enable the use of pre-preg materials. I have several hundred pounds of CF tooling cloth just sitting looking for a project.

Regards,
Damian Gregory N8427 Q200

"jcrain2@..." <jcrain2@...> wrote:
I received this note from Eric several weeks ago. He wonders if anyone is
interested in the molds and plugs. I don't know if he wants any money but
here
is the note. I have his e-mail address if anyone is interested.

Bruce Crain
N96BJ

I have the fuselage molds and original plug. Think anyone might be
interested?

Eric Beeson
720-201-7992
9751 Majestic Drive
Longmont, CO 80504

David J. Gall

Damain,

I suppose that you also have the means to do a three-D survey of the
shape... with the obvious intent that it could then be scaled and finessed
into a slightly larger shape, to accommodate an O-320 and two people WITH
baggage, and enough fuel...!

David J. Gall

"jcrain2@..." <jcrain2@...> wrote:
I received this note from Eric several weeks ago. He
wonders if anyone is
interested in the molds and plugs. I don't know if he
wants any money but
here
is the note. I have his e-mail address if anyone is interested.

Bruce Crain
N96BJ

I have the fuselage molds and original plug. Think
anyone might be
interested?

Eric Beeson
720-201-7992
9751 Majestic Drive
Longmont, CO 80504

damiantwinsport@...

David , yes we can reverse engineer the shape and bring it into Catia then output into a cnc program to cut it from renboard. Finesse that and use it for a plug etc etc. I see that down the road a peice.

Regards,
Damian Gregory N8427 Q200