From: Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Paul Spackman
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:12 AM
To: Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Q-LIST] Annual Field of Dreams Fly-In

Jeff,

I have been trying to get back to the fly-in for years but the weather
is late September and early October is a factor. I for one would like
to see a return to the Labor Day weekend. There are others is the same
boat I am sure. Here in the Rockies the weather sets in early. Just a
thought.

Paul Spackman

rondefly@...

Try about 1500 miles for the west coast guys.

Ron T

Ron & Carolyn Triano Q-200 N4710P
My Web
http://bld01.ipowerweb.com/contentmanagement/websites/rtrianoc/page8.html
Quickie 1:
http://bld01.ipowerweb.com/contentmanagement/websites/rtrianoc/page9.html

I understand.....I just had someone contact me from the east coast saying
the event needs to be pushed back a couple weeks due to weather. No firm
plans yet, but the fly-in will likely move west a couple hundred miles next
year.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Jeff

I have been trying to get back to the fly-in for years but the weather
is late September and early October is a factor. I for one would like
to see a return to the Labor Day weekend. There are others is the same
boat I am sure. Here in the Rockies the weather sets in early. Just a
thought.

Paul Spackman

Aviation maintenance
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance&w1=Aviation+mainte
nance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w4=Av
iation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.sig=NYqbfr
CRSu-_RfVcTvi4nA>
Aviation maintenance training
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance+training&w1=Aviati
on+maintenance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+scho
ols&w4=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.s
ig=UheaD83XCnCASi%20>
Aviation maintenance schools
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w1=Aviatio
n+maintenance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schoo
ls&w4=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.si
g=aX8ElLSzXlWeeJ4%20>
Aviation maintenance schools
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w1=Aviatio
n+maintenance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schoo
ls&w4=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.si
g=aX8ElLSzXlWeeJ4%20>
Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation&w1=Aviation+maintenance&w2=Avi
ation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w4=Aviation+maint
enance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.sig=dx8FsS6KYgxHm3RuBm
YoSA>
Aviation art
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+art&w1=Aviation+maintenance&w2
=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w4=Aviation+m
aintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.sig=dRTZGQXiIldZ3q
X6IHfOfQ>

_____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

" on the web.

_____

Patrick Panzera <panzera@...>

For all the flying OSD has done to attend just about every tandem wing fly-in
since he got his plane, I think that we should have an event at HIS airport so
he can sit one out and not miss anyhting.

...and MAYBE we could actually get to see Bob's project!

Pat

Try about 1500 miles for the west coast guys.

Ron T

Sam Kittle

Jeff,

Weather is always hard to predict one year ahead of time. The reason this fly-in was moved to the end of September was due to the extreme hot weather in Kansas during the labor day weekend. In the early to mid part of September, Kansas & Missouri are usually affected by the end of the monsoon season coming out of Arizona. Maybe, we could ask Charlie Johnson (One Sky Dog), how to deal with the weather in the Rockies. Charlie usually makes the fly-in from Ogden, UT.

Regards,
Sam

Letempt, Jeffrey MR wrote:

Paul,

I understand.....I just had someone contact me from the east coast saying
the event needs to be pushed back a couple weeks due to weather. No firm
plans yet, but the fly-in will likely move west a couple hundred miles next
year.
Suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Jeff

I have been trying to get back to the fly-in for years but the weather is late September and early October is a factor. I for one would like to see a return to the Labor Day weekend. There are others is the same boat I am sure. Here in the Rockies the weather sets in early. Just a thought.

Paul Spackman

Letempt, Jeffrey MR <jeffrey.letempt@...>

Thought that was the purpose of the Mountain States and Livermore Fly-In?
The Field of Dreams Fly-In will remain in the middle of the US, maybe MO,
OK, NE, IA, or OK. There truly is a lot of thought that goes into selecting
a location for a fly-in like this.

For the last 3 years (the years I coordinated the fly-in at Sullivan) the
majority of the people have driven to the event. Next are the guys who fly
their TW planes in and there area few guys who will fly-in commercially to a
major airport.

Of course most of us have very busy schedules and it can be hard to get away
for 4-5 days to fully take advantage of our fly-in. For this reason I think
it is worthwhile to move the event around once in a while. Someone could
not justify driving 700 miles to a fly-in, but maybe 400 is doable.

I understand that it is difficult and costly to fly a TW plane from CA to MO
for a weekend fly-in. Typically the overwhelming majority of TW airplanes
come from an adjoining state. Of course there are exceptions, Charlie
Johnson, Jim Patillo, and Dave Dugas come to mind. It would probably make
little or no difference for me or Sam, or Lynn, or Bruce, or Paul if the
fly-in was moved a few hundred miles in any direction. If it moved west a
little I do not think it would seriously impact the guys from flying their
plane to the event. A few hundred miles east would make it further from the
west coast guys, and I do not think that would help increase participation.

Close proximity to a large commercial airport is important for the guys who
will fly in commercially. It is also important to have lodging and things
like that close by the event airport. It should not be inside Class B
airspace and it should have a large enough ramp area and hangar space for
all the airplanes. Sullivan pretty much fits the bill for everything. A
fantastic rural airport that does not charge us anything with 5 hotels
within about 1 mile and maybe a little over a one hour drive from St Louis
Lambert International Airport.

Spud has volunteered to organize the event at Ottawa, KS next year. If
things do not work out with that, I am looking at an airport in SE Nebraska.
On paper the airport looks good, but I have never been there to take a look.
It is not far from Doug or Lynn...either of you guys been to Beatrice, NE
(KBIE)?

Jeff

I understand.....I just had someone contact me from the east coast saying
the event needs to be pushed back a couple weeks due to weather. No firm
plans yet, but the fly-in will likely move west a couple hundred miles next
year.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Jeff

Doug Humble <hawkidoug@...>

I have been tossing the idea of hosting the fly-in around and will do so again. I'll do my home work and get back to you.

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
www.asignabove.net
Omaha NE
N25974

I understand.....I just had someone contact me from the east coast saying
the event needs to be pushed back a couple weeks due to weather. No firm
plans yet, but the fly-in will likely move west a couple hundred miles next
year.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Jeff

French <LJFrench@...>

Jeff,
I have been there several times. Brand new terminal building, two nice runways (slight hump in the one - kind of like Ottawa), staffed on weekends (a big plus when coming home from Sullivan on Sunday's), T hangers usually available, hotels close. I don't know about a big hanger that could house several aircraft. I suppose the town is around 13,000 population and about 45 miles from Lincoln, NE. Commercial flights to Lincoln are sometimes a little pricy, but Omaha has better fares and only 60 more miles away or so.
It just so happens that BIE is direct in line between my hometown airport and Sullivan.

Oh........... and if you show up to the fly-in after everyone else has left for supper and there is no ride (not that it ever happens to me), you can just walk up the street a ways to the Super 8. However, I think they have 2 courtesy cars.

LF

If

things do not work out with that, I am looking at an airport in SE Nebraska.
On paper the airport looks good, but I have never been there to take a look.
It is not far from Doug or Lynn...either of you guys been to Beatrice, NE
(KBIE)?

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Jeff

Doug Humble <hawkidoug@...>

Lynn & Jeff - I noticed all the things Lynn mentioned about Beatrice NE last night as I did some research on the subject. A drive from KC is not out of the question either. I'll research other likely airports (like Red Oak IA & Fremont NE) as well.

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
www.asignabove.net
Omaha NE
N25974

[...]

James Postma <james@...>

How about Helena, Montana. I was there recently and the facilities are
excellent.

James Postma
Q2 Revmaster N145EX
Q2 Revmaster with LS-1
Q200 N8427
Steilacoom, Washington
(253) 584-1182 9:00 to 8:00 PDT
May your header tank be always full and your wings right side up.

I understand.....I just had someone contact me from the east coast saying
the event needs to be pushed back a couple weeks due to weather. No firm
plans yet, but the fly-in will likely move west a couple hundred miles
next
year.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Jeff

Letempt, Jeffrey MR <jeffrey.letempt@...>

Waaayyyyyy to far west and north.

Jeff

I understand.....I just had someone contact me from the east coast
saying
the event needs to be pushed back a couple weeks due to weather. No
firm
plans yet, but the fly-in will likely move west a couple hundred miles
next
year.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Jeff

James Postma <james@...>

From Seattle, anything is way too far East. It's our problem. Made Boeing
go to Chicago. Just flew from Seattle to Pontiac Illinois and back so
Helena looks close. It's all relative.

James Postma
Q2 Revmaster N145EX
Q2 Revmaster with LS-1