From: Tri-Q1
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2005 11:40 AM
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: Fuel supply questions

Peter are you converting your Q to an 0-200 ?

Ryan

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Peter Harris"
<peterjfharris@b...>
wrote:

> Hi, can anyone advise on two fuel supply questions:
> 1. Is gravity feed enough to run the 0-200 with no fuel pump?
> 2. What is a cheap but OK fuel check valve. Spruce list the
Andair
rabge for about $50. Are there any OK alternatives?
> Thanks,
> Peter

of Service.

damiantwinsport@...

I think Sam has to use a 1/2" fuel line as fast as he goes. I think he uses methanol as well as a lil Nitro.

Regards,
Damian Gregory N8427 Q200

#2. Depends on what you mean by "cheap" and "OK".

Sam Hoskins

_____

Mike Dwyer <mdwyer@...>

#2. Depends on what you mean by "cheap" and "OK".

Sam Hoskins

_____

Tri-Q1 <rryan@...>

wrote:

Hi, can anyone advise on two fuel supply questions:
1. Is gravity feed enough to run the 0-200 with no fuel pump?
2. What is a cheap but OK fuel check valve. Spruce list the Andair
rabge for about $50. Are there any OK alternatives?
Thanks,
Peter

Peter Harris <peterjfharris@...>

Yes Ryan LS1. Peter

<peterjfharris@b...>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, can anyone advise on two fuel supply questions:
> > 1. Is gravity feed enough to run the 0-200 with no fuel pump?
> > 2. What is a cheap but OK fuel check valve. Spruce list the
Andair
> rabge for about $50. Are there any OK alternatives?
> > Thanks,
> > Peter
> >

> Quickie Builders Association WEB site
> http://www.quickiebuilders.org

of Service.

----------

Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art

Sam Hoskins <shoskins@...>

Using 3/8" lines has fared well for many of us. Also, minimizing the number
of fittings used will minimize the fuel's resistance to flow.

I think the MA3-SPA carb has an inlet pressure limitation of something like
6 PSI, so be careful with your mechanical pump. IMHO, lighten and simplicate
by ditching the mechanical pump. Then you'll get to save 50 bucks, too.

Sam

_____

#2. Depends on what you mean by "cheap" and "OK".

Sam Hoskins

_____

Hi, can anyone advise on two fuel supply questions:
1. Is gravity feed enough to run the 0-200 with no fuel pump?
2. What is a cheap but OK fuel check valve. Spruce list the Andair
rabge
for about $50. Are there any OK alternatives?
Thanks,
Peter

_____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

on the web.

_____

Aviation maintenance schools
Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art

Service.

_____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

on the web.

_____

Sam Hoskins <shoskins@...>

The answer to question #1: Absolutely.

#2. Depends on what you mean by "cheap" and "OK".

Sam Hoskins

_____

Hi, can anyone advise on two fuel supply questions:
1. Is gravity feed enough to run the 0-200 with no fuel pump?
2. What is a cheap but OK fuel check valve. Spruce list the Andair rabge
for about $50. Are there any OK alternatives?
Thanks,
Peter

_____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

on the web.

_____

Peter Harris <peterjfharris@...>

Thanks Mike . I have 5/16 from the header so It should work OK . If I keep the fuel pump in parallel Then I am covered . It might be better to quit the high mounted mech pump and use my vac pump mounted low.
Still thinking.
Peter

wrote:

> Hi, can anyone advise on two fuel supply questions:
> 1. Is gravity feed enough to run the 0-200 with no fuel pump?
> 2. What is a cheap but OK fuel check valve. Spruce list the Andair
rabge for about $50. Are there any OK alternatives?
> Thanks,
> Peter

Peter Harris <peterjfharris@...>

Yes . The mech pump is mounted so high it stops the gravity flow to the carb . That is why I will go direct. The only advantage of keeping the pump is to cover if the fuel vent gets blocked.The mech pump came with the engine. I will have to find the 50 bucks I guess.
Peter

#2. Depends on what you mean by "cheap" and "OK".

Sam Hoskins

_____

#2. Depends on what you mean by "cheap" and "OK".

Sam Hoskins

_____