Quickie "plans" - templates

Leon - C <leon@...>

I've just finished plotting the first set of my CAD drawn templates for the Quickie (Q-1) and they should be in the mail to another Q-list member, for review to make sure that I haven't made any serious mistakes, today. I'm confidant enough that they are ready for market that I am letting the lists know that they are available.

I haven't yet decided on just how to market them so I'm open for suggestions.

I have 12 "D" size sheets (24"x36") that have every template, part, and jig drawing, from the firewall aft, that I have been able to find that QAC published with the original kit and the LS-1 upgrade. These sheets include all of the drawings in the construction manual as well so you no longer have to print the PDF files from David's CD with a large format printer. Just make a copy in standard letter size for shop use.

I had considered adding a set of templates that are off-set for those that like to hot-wire to a larger size and then sand to the final dimensions but I have not done this - yet. If anyone really wants a set like this, ask and I might provide.

I also have drawings of all of the welded and machined parts supplied with the original kits - in actual size - so there is no reason that any partially completed kit or damaged aircraft can't be finished or repaired.

Also if anyone knows of a source of reasonably priced software that will plot both raster and vector at the same time on a Hp 650C plotter using either WIN 98 or XP please let me know. I don't use AutoCAD much and the standard Windows drivers just don't work with mixed formula CAD. The Hp would be a bit quicker than my other plotter.
=======================
Leon McAtee
1 project finished, way too many left......................

Marinus B. &#92;(Ben&#92;) Bosma <ben@...>

I have an HP 2800CP Printer. It prints 36" wide.

It has a server that does all the rasterizing before sending it to the
printer since the printer is Postscript only.

If you want I can plot to scale for you. I must caution you, however, that
I've plotted up to 288" drawings and there is some error in the size of
parts. In the case of the 288" drawing it actually came out to 280". The
type of media makes a big difference. Velum is the worst for slipping on
the rollers. The only way to get perfect plots is with a Gerber flatbed
plotter on Mylar and even Mylar is hydroscopic to a certain extent. I
understand that Tyvek is the way to go for scaled plots.

I don't think you'll be able to measure a scaling problem on drawings that
are only "D" size.

Let me know if you need help. I do have AutoCAD except I'm rather rusty on
it. I haven't used a 2D CAD in many years.

-Ben
Q1

_____

[...]

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

on the web.

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

_____

Doug Humble <hawkidoug@...>

Leon - I would like to have your product on the QBA web site somehow in some form. Maybe a link to your email/web page or something after you figure out how much you want to charge. Just let me know what you think.

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
www.asignabove.net
Omaha NE
N25974

From: "Marinus B. (Ben) Bosma" <ben@...>

[...]

================
Leon McAtee

Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance&w1=Aviation+mainte
nance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w4=Av
iation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.sig=NYqbfr
CRSu-_RfVcTvi4nA> maintenance Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance+training&w1=Aviati
on+maintenance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+scho
ols&w4=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.s
ig=UheaD83XCnCASim3ftrZHw> maintenance training Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w1=Aviatio
n+maintenance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schoo
ls&w4=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.si
g=aX8ElLSzXlWeeJ4RuRL4kw> maintenance schools
Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w1=Aviatio
n+maintenance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schoo
ls&w4=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.si
g=aX8ElLSzXlWeeJ4RuRL4kw> maintenance schools Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation&w1=Aviation+maintenance&w2=Avi
ation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w4=Aviation+maint
enance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.sig=dx8FsS6KYgxHm3RuBm
YoSA> Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+art&w1=Aviation+maintenance&w2
=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w4=Aviation+m
aintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.sig=dRTZGQXiIldZ3q
X6IHfOfQ> art

_____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

on the web.

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

_____

Bart Ransom <bart10963@...>

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Leon - C" <leon@c...> wrote:
i woulike a set when you are done.
Best regards, Bart Ransom.
[...]

Larry Severson

I have 12 "D" size sheets (24"x36") that have every template,
part, and jig drawing, from the firewall aft, that I have been able
to find that QAC published with the original kit and the LS-1
upgrade. These sheets include all of the drawings in the
construction manual as well so you no longer have to print the PDF
files from David's CD with a large format printer. Just make a copy
in standard letter size for shop use.
I have been trying to get a copy of either the printed Q2 templates
(to cover missing parts from my templates) for over a year. I will
pay for them.
I would be happy to turn them into accurately formatted 8.5X11 pdf files.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...

Bart Ransom <bart10963@...>

Is there a posibility of obtaining a copy of there?

Best regards, Bart Ransom.

larry severson <larry2@...> wrote:

I have 12 "D" size sheets (24"x36") that have every template,
part, and jig drawing, from the firewall aft, that I have been able
to find that QAC published with the original kit and the LS-1
upgrade. These sheets include all of the drawings in the
construction manual as well so you no longer have to print the PDF
files from David's CD with a large format printer. Just make a copy
in standard letter size for shop use.
I have been trying to get a copy of either the printed Q2 templates
(to cover missing parts from my templates) for over a year. I will
pay for them.
I would be happy to turn them into accurately formatted 8.5X11 pdf files.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...

Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation maintenance schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art

---------------------------------

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Photos

Larry Severson

I have 12 "D" size sheets (24"x36") that have every template,
part, and jig drawing, from the firewall aft, that I have been able
to find that QAC published with the original kit and the LS-1
upgrade. These sheets include all of the drawings in the
construction manual as well so you no longer have to print the PDF
files from David's CD with a large format printer. Just make a copy
in standard letter size for shop use.
David, how do I get a copy of the CD containing the 12 pages of Q2
templates in PDF files?

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852