New Member

Paul Selmer

Hi Gang,

After years of assuming I would not be able to fly, ( artificial leg ),
I talked with a local EAA member and he set me up to start taking
lessons.

Then I discovered Trade-A -Plane, found this Q1 for sale, I thought this
is the way to go!

Next, I found this site just in time to attend " Field of Dreams" last
year and everyone sounded very helpful both in person, and online.

Kept on Trade-A-Plane until I found Joe Tygart's ad for n672cp, a Q2
with a Revmaster turbo. I purchased n672cp with a bent tailwheel spring.
After trying to fix it, ( after 3 trips to Fayettville NC. ), I gave up
and cut it at the joint between the forward and aft fuselage shells in
order to make it trailerable, and brought it home on a trailer. The Q2
came with a set of plans but only up to chapt. 14, and the chapt.
needed the most is 15, ( thank you David Gall), after making it
trailable, I still need to make the "Gall Wheel Alignment", and the La
Rue brake mod.

Question for the group, I will need to repaint my plane when finished
and the original builder, felt uncomfortable after taxi testing, decided
to give it to a charity and kept the builders logs.

What is the best primer, and paint to use?

Any Q2's near here that I, or my current flight instructor can
get a ride in?

Paul Selmer
Gettysburg, Pa

One Sky Dog

In a message dated 3/12/2006 2:21:01 PM Mountain Standard Time,
larry2@... writes:

Question for the group, I will need to repaint my plane when finished
and the original builder, felt uncomfortable after taxi testing, decided
to give it to a charity and kept the builders logs.

----------
Has the plane been given an airworthiness certificate by the FAA? If
not, you may have problems getting one. Once that issue is solved,
getting the complete set of plans, minus the templates is simple on
the net. But verify the FAA documentability FIRST!

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...

Larry,
All you have to do is sign an affadavit that the plane was amature built and
the FAA will issue an Experimental Airworthiness Certificate. The Q types
have already been approved as meeting the 51% amature built kit.

Regards,

Charlie

Larry Severson

Question for the group, I will need to repaint my plane when finished
and the original builder, felt uncomfortable after taxi testing, decided
to give it to a charity and kept the builders logs.

----------
Has the plane been given an airworthiness certificate by the FAA? If
not, you may have problems getting one. Once that issue is solved,
getting the complete set of plans, minus the templates is simple on
the net. But verify the FAA documentability FIRST!

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...

Paul Selmer

Hi Larry

Yes the plane has 95 hours and signed off, it's at that finished,
signed off,and just needs a little more work to make it better stage.

I just need to touch some of the areas,large,and small. Not sure of
the brand of paint, and primer the builder used, is there a
universal brand?

Another question, can I use the quarter turn fastners to fasten at
the front to rear fuselage shells?

Thank you
Paul

Leon - C <leon@...>