Q1 V.W. engines/Global

JMasal@...

If you don't study history, you are doomed to repeat it.

I reported on my experiences flying a Global Quickie in a back issue of
Quicktalk.

j.

JMasal@...

In a message dated 3/12/06 6:58:06 PM Central Standard Time,
nx518sh@... writes:

could you give us more input on your experience with a global engine .

Yes I can, but you'll have to read it in that ancient, obsolete form of
communication... PAPER... Quicktalk. The reason I printed it there is so I
wouldn't have to spend an hour getting each new person up to speed when they pop up
out of nowhere. See, it saves my time and is available almost forever to anyone
who wants to know. Someday electronic media will be just as good. Wow, I hope
I live to see it. Meantime I will be at SnF wit plenny of time to shoot the
breeze.

j.

samuel cruz <nx518sh@...>

could you give us more input on your experience with a global engine .

JMasal@... wrote: If you don't study history, you are doomed to repeat it.

I reported on my experiences flying a Global Quickie in a back issue of
Quicktalk.

j.

Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation maintenance schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art

---------------------------------

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail

Doug Humble <hawkidoug@...>

For you new guys out there, Jim Masal is the original founder and editor of the Newsletter (see; http://quickiebuilders.org/QBA05/qba_002.htm) and he is recommending that you purchase the back issues of the newsletter and read them thoroughly. You can purchase them here: http://www.quickiebuilders.org/backissu.html. It is a small investment, but you can get the history of these airplanes. Please understand we get new guys on the list all the time and the same questions come up repeatedly. With the newsletters in hand, use the QBA web site to look up topics and see what issue that topic was in. Click on Resources and then Newsletter Index Search or the direct link is: http://quickiebuilders.org/Qbuild/qBuildIndex.asp

Dave Richardson and I are in the process of enhancing this search page and it should be ready soon.

Along with this email list, you will be armed with the information you need to get you in the air!

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
www.asignabove.net
Omaha NE
N25974

nx518sh@... writes:

could you give us more input on your experience with a global engine .

Yes I can, but you'll have to read it in that ancient, obsolete form of
communication... PAPER... Quicktalk. The reason I printed it there is so I
wouldn't have to spend an hour getting each new person up to speed when they pop up
out of nowhere. See, it saves my time and is available almost forever to anyone
who wants to know. Someday electronic media will be just as good. Wow, I hope
I live to see it. Meantime I will be at SnF wit plenny of time to shoot the
breeze.

j.

Patrick Panzera <panzera@...>

Oh, you mean it's archived, just like every e-mail posted to this group?

So what you are proposing is that our friend with the question now needs
to find out who is the holder of your archive (probably by way of a
search engine or another e-mail question), make contact with the holder
of the archives (probably via e-mail) and request a copy. He'll then
need to put a check in the mail, which will take 3-5 days to get to the
holder of the archive. Then said holder will need to go to Kinko's and
make a copy of said article and mail it back to our friend, which will
take another few days.

OR!!!

If the question were answered in an e-mail to this list, our friend
could merely go to the electronic archive, type in a key word, and
within seconds he'd have his answer, which he could post to the group
and fill everyone else in who is curious.

Bear in mind, if the information were in the electronic archive, it
would have taken you less time and effort to retrieve it and post it
than it did for you to tell us how much better the horse and buggy is
than the automobile.

...and a Q builder would be better off for it (and isn't this what it's
all about?).

Congratulations Jimmy! You've lived to see the day, now take advantage
of it.

Pat

could you give us more input on your experience with a global engine
.

Yes I can, but you'll have to read it in that ancient, obsolete form
of
communication... PAPER... Quicktalk. The reason I printed it there is
so
I wouldn't have to spend an hour getting each new person up to speed
when they pop up out of nowhere. See, it saves my time and is
available
almost forever to anyone who wants to know. Someday electronic media
will
be just as good. Wow, I hope I live to see it. Meantime I will be at
SnF
wit plenny of time to shoot the breeze.

samuel cruz <nx518sh@...>

patrick :
you got that right. it seems that money is more important to this forum than actually helping out members with common problems. I am an a&P mechanic and i dont charge anything for discussing any problems other peers may have. to me flying a quickie is fun and i want to keep it that way. under no circumstances i will pay 350 dollars to find out in which newsletter this so called article is in . thanks for your input patrick. sam

<panzera@...> wrote:
[...]

Sam Hoskins <shoskins@...>

Uh oh.. Flame wars igniting! Pull up! Pull up!

Allow me to intervene. Jimmy crashed his Global Quickie. Engine let him
down.

At least I think that's the story. I just spent 20 minutes going through my
old Q-Talks and can't seem to find the article to verify. I am missing a
couple of years, though.

Sam Hoskins

Murphysboro, IL

1,510+ hrs on a good ole Continental O-200

_____

<panzera@...> wrote:
[...]

Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance&w1=Aviation+mainte
nance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w4=Av
iation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.sig=NYqbfr
CRSu-_RfVcTvi4nA> maintenance

Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance+training&w1=Aviati
on+maintenance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+scho
ols&w4=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.s
ig=UheaD83XCnCASim3ftrZHw> maintenance training

Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w1=Aviatio
n+maintenance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schoo
ls&w4=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.si
g=aX8ElLSzXlWeeJ4RuRL4kw> maintenance schools

Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w1=Aviatio
n+maintenance&w2=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schoo
ls&w4=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.si
g=aX8ElLSzXlWeeJ4RuRL4kw> maintenance schools

Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation&w1=Aviation+maintenance&w2=Avi
ation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w4=Aviation+maint
enance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.sig=dx8FsS6KYgxHm3RuBm
YoSA>

Aviation
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Aviation+art&w1=Aviation+maintenance&w2
=Aviation+maintenance+training&w3=Aviation+maintenance+schools&w4=Aviation+m
aintenance+schools&w5=Aviation&w6=Aviation+art&c=6&s=161&.sig=dRTZGQXiIldZ3q
X6IHfOfQ> art

_____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

on the web.

_____

John ten Have <jtenhave@...>

Sam / Patrick,

you are being a tad disingenuous here. The very fine information which is contributed to Contact magazine is not in the public domain, free of charge, nor is the content of Quick Talk. The folk who put in the effort deserve a fair return for their effort. If they choose to help for free, that is one thing. On the other hand, having someone else decide that they are going to do the work for nothing and publicly scorning them for refusing to comply is another.

Jim has observed that the data is paper form. Are we suggesting that he spend the long hours scanning and PDFing years of work and then give it away to anyone who asks?

If someone is unwilling to spend a few hundred dollars on insurance, or even research whilst on the other committing to $ 10K's to buy and build, I submit that speaks volumes about relative priorities and attitudes towards safety.

John
Sydney
Australia

<panzera@...> wrote:
Oh, you mean it's archived, just like every e-mail posted to this group?

So what you are proposing is that our friend with the question now needs
to find out who is the holder of your archive (probably by way of a
search engine or another e-mail question), make contact with the holder
of the archives (probably via e-mail) and request a copy. He'll then
need to put a check in the mail, which will take 3-5 days to get to the
holder of the archive. Then said holder will need to go to Kinko's and
make a copy of said article and mail it back to our friend, which will
take another few days.

OR!!!

If the question were answered in an e-mail to this list, our friend
could merely go to the electronic archive, type in a key word, and
within seconds he'd have his answer, which he could post to the group
and fill everyone else in who is curious.

Bear in mind, if the information were in the electronic archive, it
would have taken you less time and effort to retrieve it and post it
than it did for you to tell us how much better the horse and buggy is
than the automobile.

...and a Q builder would be better off for it (and isn't this what it's
all about?).

Congratulations Jimmy! You've lived to see the day, now take advantage
of it.

Pat

> > could you give us more input on your experience with a global engine
.

> Yes I can, but you'll have to read it in that ancient, obsolete form
of
> communication... PAPER... Quicktalk. The reason I printed it there is
so
> I wouldn't have to spend an hour getting each new person up to speed
> when they pop up out of nowhere. See, it saves my time and is
available
> almost forever to anyone who wants to know. Someday electronic media
will
> be just as good. Wow, I hope I live to see it. Meantime I will be at
SnF
> wit plenny of time to shoot the breeze.

Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation maintenance schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art

---------------------------------

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail

Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art

samuel cruz <nx518sh@...>

i do not think that is the case. one member posted a legit question about global engines. As a Global engine user i dont see nothing wrong with the engine. What bothers me is the post that J wrote. If he has some imput about the matter lets share it for the safety of all of us. He is the one that had the bad experience and i think that he should elaborate on his posting the reason why a global was such a bad engine. i am pretty sure that he will be willing to share any maintenance issues with the engine. there are a lot of reasons why a well proven design can bite you and i would like to hear about it. after all this is the reason why we are on this page. sam

John ten Have <jtenhave@...> wrote: Sam / Patrick,

<panzera@...> wrote:
> [...]

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

Patrick Panzera <panzera@...>

i do not think that is the case. one member posted a legit question about
global engines. As a Global engine user i dont see nothing wrong with the
engine. What bothers me is the post that J wrote. If he has some imput
about the matter lets share it for the safety of all of us. He is the one
that had the bad experience and i think that he should elaborate on his
posting the reason why a global was such a bad engine. i am pretty sure
that he will be willing to share any maintenance issues with the engine.
there are a lot of reasons why a well proven design can bite you and i
would like to hear about it. after all this is the reason why we are on
Thank you.

Pat

samuel cruz <nx518sh@...>

From: JMasal@... Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:16:47 EST Subject: Off line To: nx518sh@..., Daffyduky@... [input] [input] [input] [input] Now I'm gonna do this off line.
I spent 15 years publishing all I know in Quicktalk. Too bad you came along too late in the game, Nobady can or will anoint me as holder of Quickie info for the rest of my natural life. That job belongs to Gene Sheehan of defunct Quickie Aircraft Co. Why don't you track him down. He's an A&P too.
In my 15 years I made sure that guys like you would have the possibility of all the known Q information far into the future. I keep it all available. In 15 years I spent too many hours of time with guys who wanted to sit on their asses on the telephone and let the information flow into them with no effort or investment on their part.
If you wanna be a cheap ass, then cry me a river with your problem. The information is available to you. I am sure as an A&P you experience aircraft owners who wanna cry and bellyache about the charges you bill for work on their airplanes.
I spend 15 years helping hundreds of guys with their airplanes and limping along with my own project. Finally I can spend full time building airplanes just like you want to and I don't wanna spend any more time helping cheap asses who think I'm a mean ol' money sucking bastard. OK... I am.

j.

Patrick Panzera <panzera@...> wrote:
> i do not think that is the case. one member posted a legit question about
global engines. As a Global engine user i dont see nothing wrong with the
engine. What bothers me is the post that J wrote. If he has some imput
about the matter lets share it for the safety of all of us. He is the one
that had the bad experience and i think that he should elaborate on his
posting the reason why a global was such a bad engine. i am pretty sure
that he will be willing to share any maintenance issues with the engine.
there are a lot of reasons why a well proven design can bite you and i
would like to hear about it. after all this is the reason why we are on
this page. Sam
Thank you.

Pat

Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation maintenance schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art

---------------------------------

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail

samuel cruz <nx518sh@...>

the previous message was sent to me by j. this is a good example of what not to be. to me j's attitude is embarrasing. sam

samuel cruz <nx518sh@...> wrote: From: JMasal@... Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:16:47 EST Subject: Off line To: nx518sh@..., Daffyduky@... [input] [input] [input] [input] Now I'm gonna do this off line.
I spent 15 years publishing all I know in Quicktalk. Too bad you came along too late in the game, Nobady can or will anoint me as holder of Quickie info for the rest of my natural life. That job belongs to Gene Sheehan of defunct Quickie Aircraft Co. Why don't you track him down. He's an A&P too.
In my 15 years I made sure that guys like you would have the possibility of all the known Q information far into the future. I keep it all available. In 15 years I spent too many hours of time with guys who wanted to sit on their asses on the telephone and let the information flow into them with no effort or investment on their part.
If you wanna be a cheap ass, then cry me a river with your problem. The information is available to you. I am sure as an A&P you experience aircraft owners who wanna cry and bellyache about the charges you bill for work on their airplanes.
I spend 15 years helping hundreds of guys with their airplanes and limping along with my own project. Finally I can spend full time building airplanes just like you want to and I don't wanna spend any more time helping cheap asses who think I'm a mean ol' money sucking bastard. OK... I am.

j.

Patrick Panzera <panzera@...> wrote:
> i do not think that is the case. one member posted a legit question about
global engines. As a Global engine user i dont see nothing wrong with the
engine. What bothers me is the post that J wrote. If he has some imput
about the matter lets share it for the safety of all of us. He is the one
that had the bad experience and i think that he should elaborate on his
posting the reason why a global was such a bad engine. i am pretty sure
that he will be willing to share any maintenance issues with the engine.
there are a lot of reasons why a well proven design can bite you and i
would like to hear about it. after all this is the reason why we are on
this page. Sam
Thank you.

Pat

Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation maintenance schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art

---------------------------------

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail

Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation maintenance schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art

---------------------------------

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail

Sam Kittle

Sam,

I think if you ever met Jim Masal you would really like him. He really is a
great guy. I for one have all of the back issues of the newsletters and
refer to them on a daily basis. Now let's get on with building beautiful
Quickies.

Regards,

Sam Kittle

Subject: Off line To: nx518sh@..., Daffyduky@... [input]
[input] [input] [input] Now I'm gonna do this off line.
I spent 15 years publishing all I know in Quicktalk. Too bad you came along
too late in the game, Nobady can or will anoint me as holder of Quickie info
for the rest of my natural life. That job belongs to Gene Sheehan of defunct
Quickie Aircraft Co. Why don't you track him down. He's an A&P too.
In my 15 years I made sure that guys like you would have the possibility of
all the known Q information far into the future. I keep it all available. In
15 years I spent too many hours of time with guys who wanted to sit on their
asses on the telephone and let the information flow into them with no effort
or investment on their part.
If you wanna be a cheap ass, then cry me a river with your problem. The
information is available to you. I am sure as an A&P you experience aircraft
owners who wanna cry and bellyache about the charges you bill for work on
their airplanes.
I spend 15 years helping hundreds of guys with their airplanes and limping
along with my own project. Finally I can spend full time building airplanes
just like you want to and I don't wanna spend any more time helping cheap
asses who think I'm a mean ol' money sucking bastard. OK... I am.

j.

Patrick Panzera <panzera@...> wrote:
> i do not think that is the case. one member posted a legit question
about
global engines. As a Global engine user i dont see nothing wrong with the
engine. What bothers me is the post that J wrote. If he has some imput
about the matter lets share it for the safety of all of us. He is the one
that had the bad experience and i think that he should elaborate on his
posting the reason why a global was such a bad engine. i am pretty sure
that he will be willing to share any maintenance issues with the engine.
there are a lot of reasons why a well proven design can bite you and i
would like to hear about it. after all this is the reason why we are on
this page. Sam
Thank you.

Pat

Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation
maintenance schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation
art

---------------------------------

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail

Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation
maintenance schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation
art

---------------------------------

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail

Deems Herring

I am one of the more recent members of the Q2 group. I
have been grateful for all the information I have
gotten through this group and I enjoy it when anyone
shares their experience. If anyoneis here for the
money, let it be known so I know you are not smart
enough to provide any useful information.
That said what people contribute here is voluntary. I
would enjoy reading the info if Jim wanted to
elaborate but he could have just said nothing and then
some people would not know that the article on the
global/quikie existed. If you want someone to complain
to go buy a kit/plane from someone that is still in
busines that is part of what you pay for.

Deems

From: JMasal@... Add to Address Book

http://mail.yahoo.com

samuel cruz <nx518sh@...>

i would agree with you if i would have met him under diferent circumstances. the fact is that he failed to spend a couple of minutes to share his experience instead he is trying to promote his quicktalk. i am on this forum because i am a quickie owner and because i like to share my experiences with the rest of the quickie world.

Sam Kittle <skittle@...> wrote: Sam,

> [...]

would like to hear about it. after all this is the reason why we are on
this page. Sam
Thank you.

Pat

Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation
maintenance schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation
art

---------------------------------

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail

Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation
maintenance schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation
art

---------------------------------

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail

Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation maintenance schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art

if that is the case then he should have said to look at previous quicktalk issues for more info and not trash talk a good design.

From: JMasal@... Add to Address Book

http://mail.yahoo.com

Aviation maintenance Aviation maintenance training Aviation maintenance schools Aviation maintenance schools Aviation Aviation art

---------------------------------

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Travel
Find great deals to the top 10 hottest destinations!

Doug Humble <hawkidoug@...>

I did a search at: http://quickiebuilders.org/Qbuild/qBuildIndex.asp for Gobal but did not find anything. I did a 2nd search for Q1 and came up with 99 records. Out of those 99 records there were 5 Gobal engine topics. A guy could buy just those newsletters.

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
www.asignabove.net
Omaha NE
N25974

<panzera@...> wrote:
[...]

Tri-Q1 <rryan@...>

Doug,

A simple question was asked about the Q1 and engines for it.

This is not asking for the entire contents of that issue of the
newsletter.

Is anyone willing to give a pilot's report on this subject?

Ryan

Q1 N2xv , sn.500 , with 1835 VW engine ,

panzera@... wrote:
[...]

Your right Ryan. I'm just trying to help. I can't give a report cause I haven't flown behind one.

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
www.asignabove.net
Omaha NE
N25974