Want epoxy recommendation for new construction

David J. Gall

Hi guys,

I'd like to hear your recommendations for which epoxy system to choose for
construction of a new Quickie. Yes, I'm researching the archives and no, I
don't want to start a debate. Some experienced answers would be most
welcome.

Thanks,

David J. Gall

n17pf <FisherPaul@...>

My data is old (plane was finished in 1990), but I used Safe-T-Poxy.
The replacement is called EZ-Poxy which I have used for small jobs and
it seems very similar.

Here's the stuff:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cmpages/ezpoxy.php

There may be better products, but this one works for anything
structural. Non-structural (like finishing), I used West Systems.

Just my opinion - worth what you paid for it!

Paul A. Fisher
Q-200, N17PF ~1200 hours

--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com, "David J. Gall" <David@...> wrote:

I'd like to hear your recommendations for which epoxy system to
choose for
construction of a new Quickie.
...snip...
David J. Gall

bobmoeh@juno.com <bobmoeh@...>

David,
I used Aeorpoxy. Mainly because ACS could still ship it without the UPS hazardous material surcharge. That was three years ago. May not apply now.
Bob

One Sky Dog

In a message dated 7/19/2006 11:35:49 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
David@Gall.com writes:

Hi guys,

I'd like to hear your recommendations for which epoxy system to choose for
construction of a new Quickie. Yes, I'm researching the archives and no, I
don't want to start a debate. Some experienced answers would be most
welcome.

Thanks,

David J. Gall

Dave,

My vote is for Aeropoxy by PTM&W.

PTM&W makes a lot of aerospace epoxy laminating and high temp tooling
epoxies. They sell a 2050 aerospace lamanating epoxy with a Tg of 198F. This is the
exact stuff that Aeropoxy is, they have isolated themselves from
homebuilders through the distributors. I cannot buy Aeropoxy from my aero supplier, I
have talked to the western engineering sales reps and asked them direct about
Aeropoxy. Too many people do not understand the importance of mix ratio and
mixing procedures and when it turns out gooey they want to know why they got
sold a bad batch.

Regards,

Charlie Johnson
Air Force Research Labs / Advanced Composites Laboratory

Doug Humble <hawkidoug@...>

I also use Aeropoxy. Seems to work.

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
www.asignabove.net