Q canopies

Larry Severson

33LQ has a new home, but she will need a new canopy. Where can I get one for a Q?

Also, the original builder built the LS1 canard with anhedral (on a triQ). The damage to the canard was limited to easily repaired dings to one tip and a small area 1/2 way down the leading edge on the same side. I will not consider flying a triQ that can not handle a cross wind. As such, I will be cutting off the canard (after I get the new Swing nose gear). At that point, I will offer the completed canard/elevator system for sale.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...

Dave Richardson <dave@...>

I've heard Todd's Canopies can make a Q2 canopy and are reasonably
priced.

On the anhedral, I have it on my Tri-Q2 LS1 canard and I also trained in
one with it as well. I get some 15+ knot direct crosswinds pretty
regularly at my home airport and it has not been a huge issue. For me,
keeping the other end of the runway in sight after round out to help
keep the wings level has been pretty effective. I have drifted a bit
in the direction of the crosswind, though, but my runway is 100' wide.
I can't tell you why, but it does not seem to be as effected by
crosswind as the Cessnas I've flown. Perhaps it is the lack of a flat
side surface or reduced weathervane effect or something. I don't know.
My wife has been out watching me do landings on some crosswind days and
she will see the Cessnas hop and skip down the runway on one of their
main gear wheels and until they finally flomp down on the other two.
I'll follow right behind them and land level without the drama. Trust
me, I'm no hot stick. The Tri-Q just seems to be pretty reasonable in a
crosswind even with the anhedral.

Dave Richardson

Tri-Q2 825DR

_____

33LQ has a new home, but she will need a new canopy. Where can I get
one for a Q?

Also, the original builder built the LS1 canard with anhedral (on a
triQ). The damage to the canard was limited to easily repaired dings
to one tip and a small area 1/2 way down the leading edge on the same
side. I will not consider flying a triQ that can not handle a cross
wind. As such, I will be cutting off the canard (after I get the new
Swing nose gear). At that point, I will offer the completed
canard/elevator system for sale.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@... <mailto:larry2%40socal.rr.com>

Jonathan Crawford <servious@...>

Larry,

I'd give Todd Silver a call...

Phone: 954-579-0874
Email: BSILVER05@...

If he hasn't already made one I'm sure he will have no trouble making one.
His prices are great, plus you can get them slightly tinted as well if you
like.

I have no affiliation with him.... just seen some of his work.

Jonathan

33LQ has a new home, but she will need a new canopy. Where can I get
one for a Q?

Also, the original builder built the LS1 canard with anhedral (on a
triQ). The damage to the canard was limited to easily repaired dings
to one tip and a small area 1/2 way down the leading edge on the same
side. I will not consider flying a triQ that can not handle a cross
wind. As such, I will be cutting off the canard (after I get the new
Swing nose gear). At that point, I will offer the completed
canard/elevator system for sale.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...

Steve <sham@...>

Todd's Canopies in Fla. About $350.00 plus shipping.

Steve Ham

33LQ has a new home, but she will need a new canopy. Where can I get
one for a Q?

Also, the original builder built the LS1 canard with anhedral (on a
triQ). The damage to the canard was limited to easily repaired dings
to one tip and a small area 1/2 way down the leading edge on the same
side. I will not consider flying a triQ that can not handle a cross
wind. As such, I will be cutting off the canard (after I get the new
Swing nose gear). At that point, I will offer the completed
canard/elevator system for sale.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...

Larry Severson

I am glad that you have had so little problems with X-winds. Previous owners appear to have had less success. Under the paint is a bit of Bondo to correct minor scrapes. I would not like to repeat those scrapes.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...

James Doyle <jdoyle1941@...>

Before you get out the saw, I have 900 + hours on a tri-Q with the anhedral still in and never had a problem on cross wind landings. I have tested it in 18 mph cross winds and have no marks on the wing tips. Ground effect picks up the tip before it touches unless you are doing some sort of extreme aerobatics (knife edge approaches etc.).

Jim Doyle
N56DW

33LQ has a new home, but she will need a new canopy. Where can I get
one for a Q?

Also, the original builder built the LS1 canard with anhedral (on a
triQ). The damage to the canard was limited to easily repaired dings
to one tip and a small area 1/2 way down the leading edge on the same
side. I will not consider flying a triQ that can not handle a cross
wind. As such, I will be cutting off the canard (after I get the new
Swing nose gear). At that point, I will offer the completed
canard/elevator system for sale.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...

Boddicker <trumanst@...>

Larry,
I don't have an answer for the canopy, accept that there is a place called
Todds Canpoys. Try to Google it.
The reason I replied was to ask the group how many out there would like a
new heavy nose gear? I would be happy to try to spearhead the effort to get
Scott Swing to produce another batch of them. If we were to have a good
sized order, it may help. I know of four without thinking too hard. Any
others that would like a new nose gear? Please respond. I will also ask
around if I can get to Emporia, (Weather) and get a total from there. Then
next week get in touch with Scott.

Kevin Boddicker
Luana, Iowa
Tri Q200 N7868B 32.4 hours
Flying!!!!

on 9/20/06 10:15 AM, larry severson at larry2@... wrote:

33LQ has a new home, but she will need a new canopy. Where can I get
one for a Q?

Also, the original builder built the LS1 canard with anhedral (on a
triQ). The damage to the canard was limited to easily repaired dings
to one tip and a small area 1/2 way down the leading edge on the same
side. I will not consider flying a triQ that can not handle a cross
wind. As such, I will be cutting off the canard (after I get the new
Swing nose gear). At that point, I will offer the completed
canard/elevator system for sale.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@... <mailto:larry2%40socal.rr.com>

Webcave

I have a complete fuselage with canopy installed for sale, includes spar, and other stuff.
Anyone interested email me for details.

mulqueen@...

[...]

The Todd's web site wasn't up yesterday.

The reason I replied was to ask the group how many out there would like a
new heavy nose gear? I would be happy to try to spearhead the effort to get
Scott Swing to produce another batch of them.
Scott said that he was almost done with 6 of them - 1 for me.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...