16th Annual TW fly-in is all set and ready to go....

Spud Spornitz <spudspornitz@...>

Hello Everyone,

Everything is all set and ready to go for another great Tandem Wing
fly-in:

Stats at the moment:
65 people have pre-registered for the event.
17 Tandem Wing Aircraft (well ones a Cozy IV, I needed some one to label
"Biggest Deviation of Plans" <Grin!!>.
58 people are scheduled for the Friday night welcoming dinner at the
Golden Corral at 7:45. Yes, they are a saving us a designated area.

The Cozy IV driver that is joining us for the weekend is Chris Esselstyn
out of Wisconsin. Chris is an old Quickie - Q1 Onan guy who put about
300 hours on it before moving on to a Cozy III. His latest ride is a 540
Cozy IV which sounds like quite a fast cruiser. Yes, he wants in on the
Performance Run too. When everyone has the opurtunity please make Chris
welcome at the event.

I working on the final little details for the event and can't wait to
see everybody on Friday or Saturday.

If anyone has any special needs or requests please don't hesitate to
contact me anytime.

Your humble host for this years event,
Spud Spornitz
spudspornitz@...
Cell (913)484-0508
Home (913) 764-5118

Bruce Crain

Hey Spud,
I will not be coming to Emporia until Sat afternoon around 2 or 3. My
cousin died and his funeral is Sat a.m. at 11:00. But I will be there.

Spud Spornitz <spudspornitz@...>

Hi Bruce,

Sorry to hear that and give the family our condolences. See you
Saturday.

Spud

I will not be coming to Emporia until Sat afternoon around 2 or 3. My
cousin died and his funeral is Sat a.m. at 11:00. But I will be there.

Visit http://www.juno. <http://www.juno.com/value> com/value to sign up
today!

Patrick Panzera <panzera@...>

Spud,

It sounds like a great time indeed; I wish I could make it.

If you will be having door prizes like in the past, I'll kick in for two
subscriptions to CONTACT! Magazine.

Pat

jerry kennedy <jerrykennedy2001@...>

--- Spud Spornitz <spudspornitz@...> wrote:

[...]

Hello Spud
Is the fly-in still on? The weather here in South
Dakota is terrible. It has been raining last night
and all day. The same is forecast for tommorow and
for saturday also. The weather map looked like you
have the same. Jerry Kennedy

http://mail.yahoo.com

Spud Spornitz <spudspornitz@...>

Hi Pat, Sorry you can't make and you will be missed.

You bet we'll do those door prizes, super thanks for the support!!!

Reagrds, Spud

[...]

spudspornitz@ <mailto:spudspornitz%40comcast.net> comcast.net
Cell (913)484-0508
Home (913) 764-5118

Spud Spornitz <spudspornitz@...>

Hi Jerry,

We're currently hi broken layer with shot of sun and so is Emporia. The
weather challenges are to the north and northeast from here. Forecast
for Emporia is looking very good tomorrow afternoon thru Tuesday. I
think the north and east guys need to take another look in the morning
and see what we have. I'll give another update here tomorrow moring
right beofre I leave for the airport.

Chuck Ufkes from Florida ia already at Emporia. He brought a friend up
so he came in his Velocity (another one to pick on!!).

The current 5:00 forecast is as follows:

* Friday: Considerable clouds early. Some decrease in clouds later
in the day. High 83F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.
* Friday night: Mainly cloudy. Low 53F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
* Saturday: Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 72F. Winds WNW
at 15 to 25 mph.
* Sunday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid
40s.
* Monday: Sunshine. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 50s.

http://mail. <http://mail.yahoo.com/> yahoo.com

Patrick Panzera <panzera@...>

Hi Pat, Sorry you can't make and you will be missed.

You bet we'll do those door prizes, super thanks for the support!!!
As always, it's my pleasure.

Pat