Q2 C-FBWV

From: Dave Dugas davedq2@yahoo.com
Hi all,

Anyone experience engine noise with the Revmaster auto plug conversion, and can suggest how to eliminate it? Do noise filters work? Thanks...... .Dave Dugas

------------ --------- --------- ---

Doug Humble <hawkidoug@...>

Dave- I had a noise when the mag was on to the point that I always turned it off after takeoff and turned it on for landing, using only the electronic ignition in between. I bought auto plugs with noise filter built in and the noise went away.

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
A Sign Above www.asignabove.net
Omaha NE
N25974

From: Dave Dugas davedq2@yahoo.com
Hi all,

Anyone experience engine noise with the Revmaster auto plug conversion, and
can suggest how to eliminate it? Do noise filters work? Thanks...... .Dave
Dugas

Larry Severson

At 07:31 AM 9/27/2006, you wrote:

Hi all,

Anyone experience engine noise with the Revmaster auto plug conversion,
yes

and can suggest how to eliminate it?
I wrapped alum foil around all of the electrical wires from the fire wall.Noise went. Removed foil from one side. It returned.

Do noise filters work?
The one on my plane didn't.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@socal.rr.com

Jim Patillo

Hello Brother Dave,

I got some radio noise a couple of months ago and thought my
electronic ingitions were at fault. Close up reception was clear but
when I received from a distance the radio had a lot of static.
I changed out all four coils but nothing happened. Changed out my
resistor auto plugs ($16.00 total) that had about 50 hours on them
and the problem went away. Sometimes a resistor in the plug will fail
prematurely. Hope your problem is that simple! Tell your lovely wife I
said hello.

Regards,
Jim Patillo N46JP Q200 800 hours in type with twisted and warped
wings. God I hope this thing continues to fly. Jason, Larry and Peter
are scarin' the hell out of me. Maybe I should stop doing vertical
departures. What do you think?