New location

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

I disagree with trying to squash the smaller events. I don't think that the smaller events detract from the Field of Dreams. When Spring comes, I am ready for a Quickie event. I always look forward to Mattoon or its close relatives. Strangely enough, most of the people who attend Mattoon and its siblings show up in KS. If you are interested in such an event and it is within reach, you will go. If not, you won't, no matter where or when it is held.

There will always be people who can't take the time to go to events out of their region. Especially flying VFR, one could be stranded for a day or more. The regional events give those who can't make or can't wait for KS something else to look forward to. I do support the idea of the central Field of Dreams being the supreme event of the year. Being central gives both coasts and borders an equal chance to make it. What we need is for each of us to make it a priority. This gathering isn't just for each individual. By pooling all of our experience in one spot on a given date we can really help those flying and especially those building. By having everyone together, LOTS of knowledge is passed around. Who knows, a face to face discussion with someone may influence him not to install an ill-thoughout mod or test fly his plane without proper preparation - a life saved.

Jerry Marstall

REBECCA SIMPSON

Mattoon? Is there an annual event in Mattoon ? That is like only 100 miles away.... Is there a calendar of the annual events ? Anyway to move FOD away from my wedding anniversary ? Sure would love to hit a few of these next year. Is Keith doing Casey again next year ?

Steve <sham@...>

I'll second Matoon....great venue.

Steve Ham

Mattoon? Is there an annual event in Mattoon ? That is like only 100 miles away.... Is there a calendar of the annual events ? Anyway to move FOD away from my wedding anniversary ? Sure would love to hit a few of these next year. Is Keith doing Casey again next year ?

Doug Humble <hawkidoug@...>

Tad - Keep an eye on the QBA web site under the button called "Events". I usually up date this page at the beginning of the year and as event dates become know. The are usually announced on the lists as well.

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
A Sign Above www.asignabove.net
Omaha NE
N25974