Headset

Ron Triano <rondefly@...>

Does anyone have a headset they would like to part with? I need a better set
that will cut out some of the noise from the prop and engine. Not quite
ready to part with 600 + for a real nice set yet. Let me know what you have
and how much you need to get for it at rondefly@....

Thanks

Ron Triano

South Lake Tahoe, CA

Sonerai flying, Q200 getting there

BARRY AMANDA STEARNS <stearns2559@...>

I have a noise cancelling telex headset powered by batteries for $250.00 plus shipping....New....that is I have wore them twice for a length of 1 hour total and bought them from a display case where they sat for a few years....they lowered the price and I nabbed them. I was given a set of bose headsets so don't need these anymore. Retail was around $475 for these I believe.

Barry

and how much you need to get for it at rondefly@...<mailto:rondefly@...>.

Thanks

Ron Triano

South Lake Tahoe, CA

Sonerai flying, Q200 getting there

Ron Triano <rondefly@...>

Barry, thanks for the reply, do they have a cell phone plug-in?

Ron Triano

South Lake Tahoe, CA

Sonerai there and Q200 gettin there

From: Ron Triano<mailto:rondefly@rtriano. <mailto:rondefly%40rtriano.com>
com>
To: Q-LIST@yahoogroups. <mailto:Q-LIST%40yahoogroups.com>
com<mailto:Q-LIST@yahoogroups. <mailto:Q-LIST%40yahoogroups.com> com>
Does anyone have a headset they would like to part with? I need a better set
that will cut out some of the noise from the prop and engine. Not quite
ready to part with 600 + for a real nice set yet. Let me know what you have
and how much you need to get for it at rondefly@rtriano.
<mailto:rondefly%40rtriano.com> com<mailto:rondefly@rtriano.
<mailto:rondefly%40rtriano.com> com>.

Thanks

Ron Triano

South Lake Tahoe, CA

Sonerai flying, Q200 getting there

britmcman99

Hello Ron:

The Headset has Marv Golden's company logo on the earpieces, but is the
identical unit manufactured and sold by Lightspeed.

_http://www.lightspeedaviation.com/productsqfrx2.asp_
(http://www.lightspeedaviation.com/productsqfrx2.asp)

_http://www.marvgolden.com/_ (http://www.marvgolden.com/)

Cheers,

Phil

Ron Triano <rondefly@...>

Thanks Phil for the offer, from everything I hear about the lightspeed type
that probably is the way I will go however what is a Marv Golden one?

Ron Triano

South Lake Tahoe, CA

Sonerai there and Q200 gettin there

If you like, I could lend you a Marv Golden Logo'd version of the Lightspeed

QFR Cross Country C. It has a cell phone interface and is a pretty nice
unit. Or a 30 3 G Lightspeed (also with cell phone interface). You can get
an
idea about what some of the Lightspeed products are all about. I trust you.

Cheers,

Phil

Ron Triano <rondefly@...>

Barry, what is the model # of the headset?

Ron Triano

South Lake Tahoe, CA

Sonerai there and Q200 gettin there

No they do not have a cell phone plug but Sporty's sells an adapter that
will interface with the cell phone and is made for "aircraft" use.

Barry

Does anyone have a headset they would like to part with? I need a better set
that will cut out some of the noise from the prop and engine. Not quite
ready to part with 600 + for a real nice set yet. Let me know what you have
and how much you need to get for it at rondefly@rtriano.
<mailto:rondefly%40rtriano.com> com<mailto:rondefly@rtriano.
<mailto:rondefly%40rtriano.com> com>.

Thanks

Ron Triano

South Lake Tahoe, CA

Sonerai flying, Q200 getting there

BARRY AMANDA STEARNS <stearns2559@...>

Ron,
I have the headsets at my work place as another gentleman was interested at it. It's locked in my office at this time and I am home sick with the flu. I will send info tomorrow.

Barry

No they do not have a cell phone plug but Sporty's sells an adapter that
will interface with the cell phone and is made for "aircraft" use.

Barry

Does anyone have a headset they would like to part with? I need a better set
that will cut out some of the noise from the prop and engine. Not quite
ready to part with 600 + for a real nice set yet. Let me know what you have
and how much you need to get for it at rondefly@rtriano.
<mailto:rondefly%40rtriano.com> com<mailto:rondefly@rtriano.
<mailto:rondefly%40rtriano.com> com>.

Thanks

Ron Triano

South Lake Tahoe, CA

Sonerai flying, Q200 getting there

Danny Creech <dannycreech@...>

What a deal Phil. Ron, I would take him up on the 30 G3s.

I have been using the LightSpeed G3s for almost three years. I LOVE THEM. They work great and being able to plug in my MP3 player as well as my Cell phone is a plus. Anytime ATC talks to you while you are listening to music, it lowers the music.

I used the Cell phone feature back when I flew cargo out of small fields. At night when I landed I would call FSS and close my IFR flight plan while taxing in.

Capt. Danny Creech

britmcman@... wrote:
Ron:

If you like, I could lend you a Marv Golden Logo'd version of the Lightspeed
QFR Cross Country C. It has a cell phone interface and is a pretty nice
unit. Or a 30 3 G Lightspeed (also with cell phone interface). You can get an
idea about what some of the Lightspeed products are all about. I trust you.

Cheers,

Phil

Jim Patillo

30 3G's really are good head sets, not to mention the factory
backup. I had 25XLs for some time and upgraded to the 3G's when they
came out. My opinnion is they are vastly improved over an already
good headset. I use the phone/ipod feature all the time. If your are
locked into a cell they are just like talking from your living room.

JP Q200

and --- In Q-LIST@..., Danny Creech <dannycreech@...>

britmcman@... wrote:
Ron:

If you like, I could lend you a Marv Golden Logo'd version of the
Lightspeed
QFR Cross Country C. It has a cell phone interface and is a pretty
nice
unit. Or a 30 3 G Lightspeed (also with cell phone interface). You
can get an
idea about what some of the Lightspeed products are all about. I
trust you.

Cheers,

Phil

John Loram <johnl@...>

Ron:
Give Lightspeed a call (Phone: 503.968.3113, Toll Free:
800.332.2421).
They usually have factory refurbished units available at a great
price, and the QFR-XCC ANR headset costs $300, new.

They'll add the cell feature to any of there headsets for $75. That
includes old headset (for you guys that already have a lightspeed).

Here is a link to their 'reconditioned' page;
http://www.anrheadsets.com/productsrecon.asp

-john-

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Ron Triano" <rondefly@...> wrote:

Does anyone have a headset they would like to part with? I need a
better set
that will cut out some of the noise from the prop and engine. Not
quite
ready to part with 600 + for a real nice set yet. Let me know what
you have
and how much you need to get for it at rondefly@...

Thanks

Ron Triano

South Lake Tahoe, CA

Sonerai flying, Q200 getting there

Richard Hole <rickhole@...>

Lightspeed is a good unit. Last year while using a friends 3G (which
I liked a lot) the mic boom came loose. I called Lightspeed. The
tech guy told me how to disassemble and fix it, also sent me a
replacement mic and boom free of charge for an out-of-warranty unit.
Try to beat that!

James Cartwright <james.cartwright@...>

Ron,
I have a couple of Lightspeed headsets I was going to send in for the 30 3g units. Maybe I can set you up for the same price they are going to give me for a trade in. These units are only 2 years old. They are the QFRXCc Headset.

James
615-293-3134

If you like, I could lend you a Marv Golden Logo'd version of the Lightspeed

QFR Cross Country C. It has a cell phone interface and is a pretty nice
unit. Or a 30 3 G Lightspeed (also with cell phone interface). You can get
an
idea about what some of the Lightspeed products are all about. I trust you.

Cheers,

Phil

Ron Triano <rondefly@...>

James, do they have the cell plugin and what is the amount of noise
canceling ? If so, let me know how much they offer.

Ron Triano

South Lake Tahoe, CA

The Sonerai is finished and flying

finishing the Q200

If you like, I could lend you a Marv Golden Logo'd version of the Lightspeed

QFR Cross Country C. It has a cell phone interface and is a pretty nice
unit. Or a 30 3 G Lightspeed (also with cell phone interface). You can get
an
idea about what some of the Lightspeed products are all about. I trust you.

Cheers,

Phil

Jim Patillo

Ron, quit being such a damn tight wad and just purchase a new 30 3G,
there are only $585.00! That will give you what you want and it will
be new. You can't beat Lightspeed for service warranty and back up.
Loosen up with that dough, you can't take it with you and you sure
as hell don't want to give it all to your kids.

Hope all is well with your flight testing. How many hours now?

Regards,
Jim P

[...]

Or buy a David Clark or Telex and not have to worry about it breaking....not even talking about the one I have for sale, but we have seen so many light speed headsets broke at the shop that I don't care for them anymore...yes the service support is great, but I'd buy one that didn't need service for the same money. Also, I haven't seen this new 30 something Lightspeed, but I hope it isn't as big and stiff as the ones I have worked on. I like lighter softer headsets that don't squeeze my brains out to stop the noise from getting in the ear. Just me 2 cents worth.

Barry

--- In Q-LIST@...<mailto:Q-LIST@...>, "Ron Triano" <rondefly@...> wrote:

> James, do they have the cell plugin and what is the amount of noise
> canceling ? If so, let me know how much they offer.
>

> Ron Triano
>
> South Lake Tahoe, CA
>
> The Sonerai is finished and flying
>
> finishing the Q200

Behalf Of
> James Cartwright
> Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 10:22 PM
> To: Q-LIST@...<mailto:Q-LIST@...>
> Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Headset
>

> Ron,
> I have a couple of Lightspeed headsets I was going to send in for
the 30 3g
> units. Maybe I can set you up for the same price they are going to
give me
> for a trade in. These units are only 2 years old. They are the
QFRXCc
> Headset.
>
> James
> 615-293-3134

Ron Triano <rondefly@...>

Jim, I enjoy being a tight wad, vat a good deal, As I said already the
lightspeed is probably the way I will go. I just enjoy checking out the
other competition to prove to myself I got the best for my purpose. The
hours are building too slow just on the weekend.

--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups. <mailto:Q-LIST%40yahoogroups.com> com, "Ron
Triano" <rondefly@...> wrote:

James, do they have the cell plugin and what is the amount of noise
canceling ? If so, let me know how much they offer.

Ron Triano

South Lake Tahoe, CA

The Sonerai is finished and flying

finishing the Q200

If you like, I could lend you a Marv Golden Logo'd version of the
Lightspeed

QFR Cross Country C. It has a cell phone interface and is a pretty
nice
unit. Or a 30 3 G Lightspeed (also with cell phone interface). You
can get
an
idea about what some of the Lightspeed products are all about. I
trust you.

Cheers,

Phil

James Cartwright <james.cartwright@...>

Yes they do. I use it all the time for my MP3 player.

James

If you like, I could lend you a Marv Golden Logo'd version of the Lightspeed

QFR Cross Country C. It has a cell phone interface and is a pretty nice
unit. Or a 30 3 G Lightspeed (also with cell phone interface). You can get
an
idea about what some of the Lightspeed products are all about. I trust you.

Cheers,

Phil

Ron Triano <rondefly@...>

Well James, let me know what they offer, I really wanted the new type but
for the Sonerai it is just me in it so there is no conversation with a
passenger. I would just be interested in one of them.

Ron Triano

N91RT Sonerai IIs, is a bird, it really flies

Q200, Back working on it, soon to be flying