Quickie in New Mexico?

Wesley Hebert

Hey all, I'm considering buying or building a Q2 withen the next year
or 2. I'm currently in Albuquerque until May, and was wondering if
there was anyone in the area that was willing to give a demo flight.
Of course I'd be more than willing to pay for fuel and lunch or
whatever. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-WESLEY

Patrick Panzera <panzera@...>

You could join us at one of our annual gatherings and see several Q's and
maybe get a demo ride or two.

http://www.mountainstatesfly-in.com/

Pat

Hey all, I'm considering buying or building a Q2 withen the next year
or 2. I'm currently in Albuquerque until May, and was wondering if
there was anyone in the area that was willing to give a demo flight.
Of course I'd be more than willing to pay for fuel and lunch or
whatever. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Wesley Hebert

Yeah, I was thinking about that, the problem is I'd only be able to
spend the day there, and it's a little far. Who knows, though, I
still might try to go

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Patrick Panzera" <panzera@...> wrote:

You could join us at one of our annual gatherings and see several
Q's and
maybe get a demo ride or two.

http://www.mountainstatesfly-in.com/

Pat

Hey all, I'm considering buying or building a Q2 withen the next
year
or 2. I'm currently in Albuquerque until May, and was wondering if
there was anyone in the area that was willing to give a demo
flight.
Of course I'd be more than willing to pay for fuel and lunch or
whatever. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

wesisberg <wes@...>

As someone who bought a flying Q200 two years ago and still haven't
flown, I would strongly recommend your going and talking to
owner/builders. It will save you a lot of time considering things.
(At the Livermore California fly-in last year, someone drove all the
way from Utah.)

These are wonderful planes, but you need to understand the kind of
commitment that is required to build and fly them. There is no manual
for maintenance, parts, owners, or pilots; getting something wrong can
cost you a lot of time, and it will take a lot of time just to find
out what's right, no less to do it. It's key to find people who
actually know what they're talking about, who you can trust, and who
make the time to answer your questions. You will need to establish
yourself with them, so they know they won't be wasting time mentoring
you. At a fly-in you can see the plane, ask your questions, find out
what people think, and build relationships.

It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking, "Oh, I can get a cool
flying plane for $15,000!" The money is nothing compared to the time.
It's even worse if, like many builders, you invest a ton of time but
don't get in the air. (If you don't have time to drive to the fly-in,
you almost certainly don't have time to build or maintain :)

Wes

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Wesley Hebert" <greenn17h@...> wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking about that, the problem is I'd only be able to
spend the day there, and it's a little far. Who knows, though, I
still might try to go

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Patrick Panzera" <panzera@> wrote:

You could join us at one of our annual gatherings and see several
Q's and
maybe get a demo ride or two.

http://www.mountainstatesfly-in.com/

Pat

Hey all, I'm considering buying or building a Q2 withen the next
year
or 2. I'm currently in Albuquerque until May, and was wondering if
there was anyone in the area that was willing to give a demo
flight.
Of course I'd be more than willing to pay for fuel and lunch or
whatever. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Wesley Hebert

I guess I should have been more clear, I'm really only looking into
buying a flying airplane (and yes, I've been around the aviation
community enough that "flying" doesn't always mean flying. If I'm
going to build an airplane, I'm going to wait a couple years. I
realize that popping up and asking a bunch of peole I've never met
before for a ride in their airplane probably isn't the way to get a
flight, but I'd really like to see how it flies before I put the
effort into researching, buying or building one.

wrote:

You could join us at one of our annual gatherings and see
several
Q's and
maybe get a demo ride or two.

http://www.mountainstatesfly-in.com/

Pat

Hey all, I'm considering buying or building a Q2 withen the
next
year
or 2. I'm currently in Albuquerque until May, and was
wondering if
there was anyone in the area that was willing to give a demo
flight.
Of course I'd be more than willing to pay for fuel and lunch
or
whatever. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mike Perry <dmperry1012@...>

Wes:

Very well said. It takes a lot of time to understand exactly what needs to
be done, let alone do it.

Mike Perry

(I still hope to finish my project, but not on my current work schedule.)