tri-q kit

Michael Quinn

I have an "untouched" kit that I am gathering ALL the information and
knowledge before beginning. One of my intentions is to make this a Tri-
Q but I have only found one source (so far) of the gear and they do not
have the nose gear strut now. Does everyone use the Scotts Swings main
gear? I see some articles about buildup of a main hoop but mostly for
the EZ, VE, and other composite - but nothing specific to the Tri-
Q200. I have typed tri-q on the forum and have not seen anything that
is getting me closer to the answer (can or should I build my own?)
Things that I contemplate - design, time, and cost. I want it safe. I
want it be able to do it if it is a reasonable sub project. I want to
keep it in a reasonable budget.

Michael Quinn
Tri-Q (2 be)
Charlotte, NC

Larry Severson

Scott Swing (contact through Velocity Aircraft) makes both main and
nose gear, but he has Looong gaps between production cycles due to
low order #s and production difficulties. He is deeply involved in
the Velocity production and the TriQ interrupts the paycheck work.
Getting new main/nose gear sets from him could take more than a year
and cost $1000+. He does do great work however. The reality is that
you could actually finish your bird before doing the Tri
installation. The TriQ conversion instructions are based on
converting from a tail dragger. There are even TriQs flying that
still have anhederal on the canard (mine is one). That is not
optimal, but it works.

At 08:28 AM 9/21/2007, you wrote:

[...]

Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...

Michael Quinn

My biggest fear of doing so - what if he decides to not make any more and I commit to the Tri-Q build w/o the anhedral? I will try to contact him to see if he can send the manual and his confidence that I will be able to get one when the time comes (of course that is just a guess on his part - he could get hit by a bus or something (a phrase my boss would say if he felt I was not documenting enough)).

To: Q-LIST@...: larry2@...: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:08:48 -0700Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] tri-q kit

Scott Swing (contact through Velocity Aircraft) makes both main and nose gear, but he has Looong gaps between production cycles due to low order #s and production difficulties. He is deeply involved in the Velocity production and the TriQ interrupts the paycheck work. Getting new main/nose gear sets from him could take more than a year and cost $1000+. He does do great work however. The reality is that you could actually finish your bird before doing the Tri installation. The TriQ conversion instructions are based on converting from a tail dragger. There are even TriQs flying that still have anhederal on the canard (mine is one). That is not optimal, but it works.At 08:28 AM 9/21/2007, you wrote:>I have an "untouched" kit that I am gathering ALL the information and>knowledge before beginning. One of my intentions is to make this a Tri->Q but I have only found one source (so far) of the gear and they do not>have the nose gear strut now. Does everyone use the Scotts Swings main>gear? I see some articles about buildup of a main hoop but mostly for>the EZ, VE, and other composite - but nothing specific to the Tri->Q200. I have typed tri-q on the forum and have not seen anything that>is getting me closer to the answer (can or should I build my own?)>Things that I contemplate - design, time, and cost. I want it safe. I>want it be able to do it if it is a reasonable sub project. I want to>keep it in a reasonable budget.>>Michael Quinn>Tri-Q (2 be)>Charlotte, NC>>Larry SeversonFountain Valley, CA 92708(714) 968-9852larry2@... [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Larry Severson

At 12:28 PM 9/21/2007, you wrote:

My biggest fear of doing so - what if he decides to not make any more and I commit to the Tri-Q build w/o the anhedral? I will try to contact him to see if he can send the manual and his confidence that I will be able to get one when the time comes (of course that is just a guess on his part - he could get hit by a bus or something (a phrase my boss would say if he felt I was not documenting enough)).
If necessary, I will pay it forward. When I had that problem, another member of the Q list printed up a copy for me and sent it. My turn?

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...

Michael Quinn

As I will the next guy! I will e-mail you my shipping info - let me know how much I owe you for your time, shipping, and copies.

M.

To: Q-LIST@...: larry2@...: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:15:30 -0700Subject: RE: [Q-LIST] tri-q kit

At 12:28 PM 9/21/2007, you wrote:>My biggest fear of doing so - what if he decides to not make any >more and I commit to the Tri-Q build w/o the anhedral? I will try >to contact him to see if he can send the manual and his confidence >that I will be able to get one when the time comes (of course that >is just a guess on his part - he could get hit by a bus or something >(a phrase my boss would say if he felt I was not documenting enough)).If necessary, I will pay it forward. When I had that problem, another member of the Q list printed up a copy for me and sent it. My turn?Larry SeversonFountain Valley, CA 92708(714) 968-9852larry2@...

Kick back and relax with hot games and cool activities at the Messenger Café.
http://www.cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_SeptWLtagline

Larry Severson

At 04:11 AM 9/22/2007, you wrote:

As I will the next guy! I will e-mail you my shipping info - let me know how much I owe you for your time, shipping, and copies.

M.

Michael Quinn:
Robert Clark did not charge me. I am not charging you. It has been copied and will be in the mail tomorrow.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...

Michael Quinn

I found Earnest contact info and shot him a quick e-mail. I could not find info on Jerry Marshall - would you happen to know his contact info on the message board (or e-mail).

Thanks!

M.

To: Q-LIST@...: sham@...: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:58:31 -0700Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] tri-q kit

Michael.You need to contact Earnest Martin and Jerry Marshall. They both live close to you and can answer any Tri-Q questions.Steve Ham----- Original Message ----- From: mtyquinn665 To: Q-LIST@... Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 8:28 AMSubject: [Q-LIST] tri-q kitI have an "untouched" kit that I am gathering ALL the information and knowledge before beginning. One of my intentions is to make this a Tri-Q but I have only found one source (so far) of the gear and they do not have the nose gear strut now. Does everyone use the Scotts Swings main gear? I see some articles about buildup of a main hoop but mostly for the EZ, VE, and other composite - but nothing specific to the Tri-Q200. I have typed tri-q on the forum and have not seen anything that is getting me closer to the answer (can or should I build my own?) Things that I contemplate - design, time, and cost. I want it safe. I want it be able to do it if it is a reasonable sub project. I want to keep it in a reasonable budget.Michael QuinnTri-Q (2 be)Charlotte, NC

Steve <sham@...>

[...]

So are you teasing me that he got to the fly in and I had to stay home and work?
M.

To: Q-LIST@...: sham@...: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 20:52:26 -0700Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] tri-q kit

Mike, He should be home any time. He had a LOOOOONG flight.Steve----- Original Message ----- From: Michael Quinn To: q-list@... Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2007 5:46 PMSubject: RE: [Q-LIST] tri-q kitI found Earnest contact info and shot him a quick e-mail. I could not find info on Jerry Marshall - would you happen to know his contact info on the message board (or e-mail).Thanks! M.To: Q-LIST@...: sham@...: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:58:31 -0700Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] tri-q kitMichael.You need to contact Earnest Martin and Jerry Marshall. They both live close to you and can answer any Tri-Q questions.Steve Ham----- Original Message ----- From: mtyquinn665 To: Q-LIST@... Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 8:28 AMSubject: [Q-LIST] tri-q kitI have an "untouched" kit that I am gathering ALL the information and knowledge before beginning. One of my intentions is to make this a Tri-Q but I have only found one source (so far) of the gear and they do not have the nose gear strut now. Does everyone use the Scotts Swings main gear? I see some articles about buildup of a main hoop but mostly for the EZ, VE, and other composite - but nothing specific to the Tri-Q200. I have typed tri-q on the forum and have not seen anything that is getting me closer to the answer (can or should I build my own?) Things that I contemplate - design, time, and cost. I want it safe. I want it be able to do it if it is a reasonable sub project. I want to keep it in a reasonable budget.Michael QuinnTri-Q (2 be)Charlotte, NC[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] __________________________________________________________Kick back and relax with hot games and cool activities at the Messenger Café.http://www.cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_SeptWLtagline[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Michael Quinn

Mucho thank you goziamasu!

M.

To: Q-LIST@...: larry2@...: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:39:10 -0700Subject: RE: [Q-LIST] tri-q kit

At 04:11 AM 9/22/2007, you wrote:>As I will the next guy! I will e-mail you my shipping info - let me >know how much I owe you for your time, shipping, and copies.>>M.Michael Quinn:Robert Clark did not charge me. I am not charging you. It has been copied and will be in the mail tomorrow.Larry SeversonFountain Valley, CA 92708(714) 968-9852larry2@...

Steve <sham@...>

To: Q-LIST@...: sham@...: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:58:31 -0700Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] tri-q kit

[...]

JMasal@...

mquinn6,

Lucky for you that you live in America where nobody holds a gun to your head
and forces you to work. Just be clever and make some different choices.
Everybody at the fly-in has to support a family! This is not an affluent bunch.
See you next year?

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

I'm over here in Asheville if I can be of any help.
Jerry Marstall

mtyquinn665 wrote:

[...]

Yea, my boss can be a real a-hole. Watches everything I do, follows me everywhere making certain I do it right, he even goes into the bathroom w/ me. (oh, that's right, I work for myself....).

I know what you are talking about! I travel alot and get to see the conditions that others less fortunate MUST do to survive. Mostly my challenges come from self imposed priorities vs. a gun to the head (even though I make it seem that way by the way I work sometimes...).

Will definately be there next year. I plan on putting 400 hours into the Q2 and have it flying by then (ok, so I will most likely be flying a different plane in....

Wished I could have been there this time. I have the spirit to build this - that fly in would have been the religious experience....

M.

To: Q-LIST@...: JMasal@...: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:18:42 -0400Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] tri-q kit

mquinn6,Lucky for you that you live in America where nobody holds a gun to your head and forces you to work. Just be clever and make some different choices. Everybody at the fly-in has to support a family! This is not an affluent bunch. See you next year?************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com

Capture your memories in an online journal!