q1? flying

FR Jones <seabeevet@...>

Ground test went well and I was pleased at how easy she was to handle. The
only thing I did not like was the brake system (hand pull). There must be a
better way within weight limits.

On Jan 27, 2008 2:58 PM, Jan Safranek <jany77@...> wrote:

i readed that im interested in flying characteristics any bad habits
ground handling etc

Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@... <sam.hoskins%40gmail.com>> wrote: Buyer
beware. There is no such thing as "just needs paint".
You can start reading here:
http://home.mchsi.com/~shoskins/wantQuickie.html

Good luck.

Sam Hoskins
Murphysboro, IL

On Jan 26, 2008 9:17 PM, jan <jany77@...<jany77%40sbcglobal.net>>
wrote:

hi guys im looking for someone who can give me more info about flying
characteristics of q1 i found one q1 on airport which needs just paint
and im interested in this bird i dont have much flying hours also so
any +/- are welcome

Richard Thomson

My wife also would like me to sell one of mine, but its probably easier to
sell the wife !! :-))

FR Jones <seabeevet@...>

Your remarks concerning your Quickie, I could have written, even to the
timeline.
My wife wants me to sale it, but even though I have so far, only taxied
around the airport, I still have my dream of flying it... so I keep working.
N4251F

On Jan 28, 2008 1:56 PM, Richard Thomson <richard@...> wrote:

Jan,
After 18 months, I'm still stripping paint, and controls, and engine, and
instrument panel, and electrics, and fuel, and canopy, and landing gear,
and
furnishings, and T Tail ( which is repaired and refinished, but now will
come out to have reflex fitted).
But I did know that I would do 50% of that anyway, and 25% is rebuilt, so
only 75% to go, but still 35 % of paint still to strip!
Its worth stripping the paint, cus you can see what else needs doing, BUT
you also need to take it apart to see what else you cant see that also
needs
doing!!

Good luck with it.

Richard Thomson
TriQ200 G-BMFN
richard@... <richard%40cloudland.co.uk>

Richard Thomson

Jan,
After 18 months, I'm still stripping paint, and controls, and engine, and
instrument panel, and electrics, and fuel, and canopy, and landing gear, and
furnishings, and T Tail ( which is repaired and refinished, but now will
come out to have reflex fitted).
But I did know that I would do 50% of that anyway, and 25% is rebuilt, so
only 75% to go, but still 35 % of paint still to strip!
Its worth stripping the paint, cus you can see what else needs doing, BUT
you also need to take it apart to see what else you cant see that also needs
doing!!

Good luck with it.

Richard Thomson
TriQ200 G-BMFN
richard@...

Doug Humble <hawkidoug@...>

Where are you located Jan? Does this bird have an "N" number? Who is the builder. How has it been stored? What engine does it have. Could you send me some photos of it? (Send them to; qtalk@...) Its OK to proceed, just do it with caution.

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
A Sign Above www.asignabove.net
Omaha NE
N25974

hi guys im looking for someone who can give me more info about flying
characteristics of q1 i found one q1 on airport which needs just paint
and im interested in this bird i dont have much flying hours also so
any +/- are welcome

Jan Safranek <jany77@...>

i readed that im interested in flying characteristics any bad habits ground handling etc

Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote: Buyer beware. There is no such thing as "just needs paint".

On Jan 26, 2008 9:17 PM, jan <jany77@...> wrote:

hi guys im looking for someone who can give me more info about flying
characteristics of q1 i found one q1 on airport which needs just paint
and im interested in this bird i dont have much flying hours also so
any +/- are welcome

Larry Severson

At 08:56 PM 1/26/2008, you wrote:

Buyer beware. There is no such thing as "just needs paint".
You can start reading here:
<http://home.mchsi.com/~shoskins/wantQuickie.html>http://home.mchsi.com/~shoskins/wantQuickie.html

Good luck.
I bought one 3 years ago. It has a total of 4 flying hours.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...