How to get on the Q1 list?

Rob de Bie

Hello, a couple of months ago I subscribed to the Q-LIST in a search for Q1 information. I was a bit puzzled by the lack of Q1 information, until I found out that there is a 'Q1_Aircraft' list too.

Through the YahooGroups site I tried to subscribe, but a couple of weeks later I got a message that "Your request to join the Q1_Aircraft group was not approved. Your membership was automatically rejected because the moderator didn't approve it within 14 days." I reasoned that the moderator may be busy, so I tried again, but with the same results.

Does anyone know how I subscribe to the Q1_Aircraft list? Thanks in advance!

Rob de Bie

Robert Blaschke <robert.blaschke@...>

Hallo Rob,

I am subscribed to that group. Subscribing is the same as here, but it seems to me, it takes longer time. As I remember, I waited some weeks to get there. But on the end it came true.

Robert

Rob de Bie wrote / napsal(a):

Hello, a couple of months ago I subscribed to the Q-LIST in a search
for Q1 information. I was a bit puzzled by the lack of Q1
information, until I found out that there is a 'Q1_Aircraft' list too.

Through the YahooGroups site I tried to subscribe, but a couple of
weeks later I got a message that "Your request to join the
Q1_Aircraft group was not approved. Your membership was automatically
rejected because the moderator didn't approve it within 14 days." I
reasoned that the moderator may be busy, so I tried again, but with
the same results.

Does anyone know how I subscribe to the Q1_Aircraft list? Thanks in advance!

Rob de Bie

Robert Blaschke <robert.blaschke@...>

Wow, sorry, I did not read your message right :(. You tried to get there already twice... I think you should try again and again. Sorry for bad first response
Robert

Rob de Bie wrote / napsal(a):

Hello, a couple of months ago I subscribed to the Q-LIST in a search
for Q1 information. I was a bit puzzled by the lack of Q1
information, until I found out that there is a 'Q1_Aircraft' list too.

Through the YahooGroups site I tried to subscribe, but a couple of
weeks later I got a message that "Your request to join the
Q1_Aircraft group was not approved. Your membership was automatically
rejected because the moderator didn't approve it within 14 days." I
reasoned that the moderator may be busy, so I tried again, but with
the same results.

Does anyone know how I subscribe to the Q1_Aircraft list? Thanks in
advance!

Rob de Bie

John ten

What exactly do you want know, Rob?

John

--- In Q-LIST@..., Rob de Bie <robdebie@...> wrote:

Hello, a couple of months ago I subscribed to the Q-LIST in a search
for Q1 information. I was a bit puzzled by the lack of Q1
information, until I found out that there is a 'Q1_Aircraft' list too.

Through the YahooGroups site I tried to subscribe, but a couple of
weeks later I got a message that "Your request to join the
Q1_Aircraft group was not approved. Your membership was automatically
rejected because the moderator didn't approve it within 14 days." I
reasoned that the moderator may be busy, so I tried again, but with
the same results.

Does anyone know how I subscribe to the Q1_Aircraft list? Thanks in
advance!

Rob de Bie

Rob de Bie

Hello John,

I recently found the Q1 construction manual as a PDF, and found it fascinating reading. Composites structures are my daily work, but it's such a wide area of technology that you learn something new every time you study a composite structure. Also, I've been thinking about trying to build a 1/72 model of a Q1 (I'm a scale modeler).

My idea was to simply read the Q1 list messages and learn from that. I don't have urgent questions. I can only think of two that came up while studying the manual:

- does a manual exist for the engine installation? The manual that I have stops at the firewall. The original engine installation is what interests me most.

- how long is the tail spring, or put in a different way, what is the FS for the tail wheel axis? The manual doesn't seem to tell that

It seems the Q1_Aircraft moderator is too busy to approve new members. I've applied for the third time, but still no response.

Rob

At 09:07 24-03-2008, you wrote:
What exactly do you want know, Rob?

John

--- In Q-LIST@..., Rob de Bie <robdebie@...> wrote:

Hello, a couple of months ago I subscribed to the Q-LIST in a search
for Q1 information. I was a bit puzzled by the lack of Q1
information, until I found out that there is a 'Q1_Aircraft' list too.

Through the YahooGroups site I tried to subscribe, but a couple of
weeks later I got a message that "Your request to join the
Q1_Aircraft group was not approved. Your membership was automatically
rejected because the moderator didn't approve it within 14 days." I
reasoned that the moderator may be busy, so I tried again, but with
the same results.

Does anyone know how I subscribe to the Q1_Aircraft list? Thanks in
advance!

Rob de Bie

Paul Buckley

Hi Rob

You are going to have to work through a magnifying glass to build a 1/72 scale Q1.
I figure it will have a wingspan of less than three inches.

A quarter scale R/C flying model would be interesting though.

Paul Buckley
Cheshire
England

At 09:07 24-03-2008, you wrote:
>What exactly do you want know, Rob?
>
>John
>

>--- In Q-LIST@..., Rob de Bie <robdebie@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hello, a couple of months ago I subscribed to the Q-LIST in a search
> > for Q1 information. I was a bit puzzled by the lack of Q1
> > information, until I found out that there is a 'Q1_Aircraft' list too.
> >
> > Through the YahooGroups site I tried to subscribe, but a couple of
> > weeks later I got a message that "Your request to join the
> > Q1_Aircraft group was not approved. Your membership was automatically
> > rejected because the moderator didn't approve it within 14 days." I
> > reasoned that the moderator may be busy, so I tried again, but with
> > the same results.
> >
> > Does anyone know how I subscribe to the Q1_Aircraft list? Thanks in
>advance!
> >
> > Rob de Bie

Mark A. Pearson <wlkabout@...>

Might make a nice pin for Madelyn Albright or a paperweight though!

At 09:07 24-03-2008, you wrote:
>What exactly do you want know, Rob?
>
>John
>

>--- In Q-LIST@..., Rob de Bie <robdebie@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hello, a couple of months ago I subscribed to the Q-LIST in a search
> > for Q1 information. I was a bit puzzled by the lack of Q1
> > information, until I found out that there is a 'Q1_Aircraft' list too.
> >
> > Through the YahooGroups site I tried to subscribe, but a couple of
> > weeks later I got a message that "Your request to join the
> > Q1_Aircraft group was not approved. Your membership was automatically
> > rejected because the moderator didn't approve it within 14 days." I
> > reasoned that the moderator may be busy, so I tried again, but with
> > the same results.
> >
> > Does anyone know how I subscribe to the Q1_Aircraft list? Thanks in
>advance!
> >
> > Rob de Bie

Rob de Bie

Hi Paul,

I still don't a magnifying glass for this kind of work :-) Here's a 3-inch wing span Bede BD-5J that I built (not from scratch though):

http://www.xs4all.nl/~robdebie/models/n3038v.htm

Rob

At 09:07 24-03-2008, you wrote:
>What exactly do you want know, Rob?
>
>John
>

>--- In Q-LIST@..., Rob de Bie <robdebie@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hello, a couple of months ago I subscribed to the Q-LIST in a search
> > for Q1 information. I was a bit puzzled by the lack of Q1
> > information, until I found out that there is a 'Q1_Aircraft' list too.
> >
> > Through the YahooGroups site I tried to subscribe, but a couple of
> > weeks later I got a message that "Your request to join the
> > Q1_Aircraft group was not approved. Your membership was automatically
> > rejected because the moderator didn't approve it within 14 days." I
> > reasoned that the moderator may be busy, so I tried again, but with
> > the same results.
> >
> > Does anyone know how I subscribe to the Q1_Aircraft list? Thanks in
>advance!
> >
> > Rob de Bie

Paul Buckley

Ha Ha, very good!
I take it back!

Before getting into the Quickie scene I built large scale R/C......a wingspan of 5 foot was about as small as they got!

Paul Buckley.

At 11:51 24-03-2008, you wrote:
>Hi Rob
>
>You are going to have to work through a magnifying glass to build a
>1/72 scale Q1.
>I figure it will have a wingspan of less than three inches.
>
>A quarter scale R/C flying model would be interesting though.
>
>Paul Buckley
>Cheshire
>England

raoborg@...

Nice job Rob!!Raoul

At 09:07 24-03-2008, you wrote:
>What exactly do you want know, Rob?
>
>John
>

>--- In Q-LIST@..., Rob de Bie <robdebie@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hello, a couple of months ago I subscribed to the Q-LIST in a search
> > for Q1 information. I was a bit puzzled by the lack of Q1
> > information, until I found out that there is a 'Q1_Aircraft' list too.
> >
> > Through the YahooGroups site I tried to subscribe, but a couple of
> > weeks later I got a message that "Your request to join the
> > Q1_Aircraft group was not approved. Your membership was automatically
> > rejected because the moderator didn't approve it within 14 days." I
> > reasoned that the moderator may be busy, so I tried again, but with
> > the same results.
> >
> > Does anyone know how I subscribe to the Q1_Aircraft list? Thanks in
>advance!
> >
> > Rob de Bie

23/03/2008 18:50

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

John ten

Hi Rob,

a 1/72 scale model will require a microscope...

There is an engine installation section, it is very clever and simple,
short load paths, minimal hardware.

I will check the tail FS for you.

Have a look in the weight and balance data, I seem to recall the
relevant data was in there.

Re the Q1 group, most if not all reside on this list as well.
The value of a separate listing is debatable, I guess it depends on
whether you are a "lumper or a splitter".

The Q performance group has a different mission as a platform for the
experimentalists. It is accepted by all on that list that what they
propose / trial is different from the accepted configurations.

Hope that helps.

At 09:07 24-03-2008, you wrote:
[...]

Ryan <rryan@...>

Rob,

The tailwheel arm is at FS.186 in the Super Quickie POH. Subtract
3.5" from fs.186 to locate the tailwhees pivot axis (182.5").

Ryan