List Structure (was Re: q-1)

Mike Perry <dmperry1012@...>

This list is getting totally out of control. This list is, or at least
used to be, a source of support for builders and fliers of Quickie and
Q-2xx/Tri Q experimental aircraft. Lately we have everything but common
sense.

I vote for a moderated list, that is, anything posted gets reviewed before
being posted. One guy can't moderate all this trash, it needs to be a
rotated position among at least a half dozen people. On the other hand, I
guess I can always quit, but it would be nice to have info on the plane I'm
actually building.

Weed eaters -- Hydraulic Quickies -- Rocket powered Quickies -- Moving map
software. Please, give it up or get on the right list (not this one).

Mike Perry

At 08:37 PM 4/3/2008 -0400, you wrote:

Does this list have a moderator???????????????????

In a message dated 4/3/2008 8:32:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
<mailto:mxmfg%40yahoo.com>mxmfg@... writes:

but the front canard was cable powered, the rest of the aircraft was
hydralic....hydralic.h

--- In <mailto:_Q-LIST%40yahoogroups.Q-L>_Q-LIST@...
(mailto:Q-LIST@...) , "Larry
Rosa" <mxmfg@...> wrote:

when i took a cruse in the rutan beechcraft starship it was`nt
snarky !

--- In <mailto:_Q-LIST%40yahoogroups.Q-L>_Q-LIST@...
(mailto:Q-LIST@...) , Stan
Susman <stanpfa@> wrote:

Burt spent many hours on the tailcone design to make it look
snarky

Richard Hole <rickhole@...>

Or maybe a slightly moderated approach: that is, the moderator on
seeing repeated undersired content could send an email to the
offender, warning. If repeated, the delete the user name from the
list. This might work well enough without causing the delays of a
fully moderated list.
Rick

Susman <stanpfa@> wrote:

Burt spent many hours on the tailcone design to make it look
snarky

Larry Rosa <mxmfg@...>

hey all i know is someone said something about electric power and i
followed it up !!!!! if you don`t like the follow-ups you are more
than welcome to delete the last messages
they may be too `snarky as you people say --- In Q-

please don`t cry mike perry--- In Q-LIST@..., Mike Perry

Susman <stanpfa@> wrote:

Burt spent many hours on the tailcone design to make it look
snarky

Larry Rosa <mxmfg@...>

or else let it run out to the far reaches of the q-1 and then delete
and then get back to the regular q-1 q-2 !--- In Q-

Susman <stanpfa@> wrote:

Burt spent many hours on the tailcone design to make it look
snarky

Mike Perry <dmperry1012@...>

Thanks for the advice. However, I don't understand how it helps me build
my Q-2.

Mike Perry

<mailto:Q-LIST%40yahoogroups.com>Q-LIST@..., Mike Perry
<dmperry1012@...> wrote:

[...]

Doug Humble <hawkidoug@...>

Mike is correct here gentlemen. Please take the weedeater ,etc. discussion to the Q-Performance list.

We have Mark Wilson asking a legitimate question about powering a Q1 with no response. And then we have the weedeater discussion. The Q-Performance list was created just for these discussions and no one will get upset over it. It is a rule set up just to avoid these list fights that no one wants. Telling someone to use the delete key is not acceptable because there is a place to discuss these issues.

So, please take the discussion quietly to the performance list.

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
A Sign Above www.asignabove.net
Omaha NE
N25974