Instrument panel complete. N32LL


vt325xi <rlabarre@...>
 

Here's mine. Dynon D100. No other flight instruments. Completely a
glass panel. The engine instruments are all mechanical. So if the
power goes out the Dynon is good for 1 hour on the backup battery. I
will still fly the airplane.

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/photos/view/974d?b=21&m=f&o=0

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/photos/view/974d?b=19&m=f&o=0

Richard



--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com, larry severson <larry2@...> wrote:

Google APIC software for features and free/cost.

Question: Is it correct to assume that the APIC software is
displaying GPS
speed?
Yes.

If so, are you just making mental calculations when landing to get
your airspeed (ground speed + wind speed)??
yes.


I had to do this a couple of flights a week or two ago when my
airspeed
indicator mysteriously came disconnected... :-( so I know it is
quite
workable.
yes. The bigger the screen, the easier to read.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...


Mike Dwyer <mdwyer@...>
 

Nice, we got some cool panels brewing these days. Sam is also rebuilding his with a Dynon D180. I think I've been flying with the Dynon D10 for 4 years? Trouble free so far, and that's way better than the old electric gyro's I've had!
Mike Q200 N3QP


vt325xi wrote:

Here's mine. Dynon D100. No other flight instruments. Completely a glass panel. The engine instruments are all mechanical. So if the power goes out the Dynon is good for 1 hour on the backup battery. I will still fly the airplane.

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/photos/view/974d?b=21&m=f&o=0

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/photos/view/974d?b=19&m=f&o=0

Richard



--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com, larry severson <larry2@...> wrote:

Google APIC software for features and free/cost.

Question: Is it correct to assume that the APIC software is
displaying GPS

speed?
Yes.


If so, are you just making mental calculations when landing to get
your airspeed (ground speed + wind speed)??
yes.



I had to do this a couple of flights a week or two ago when my
airspeed

indicator mysteriously came disconnected... :-( so I know it is
quite

workable.
yes. The bigger the screen, the easier to read.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...



------------------------------------

Quickie Builders Association WEB site
http://www.quickiebuilders.org

Yahoo! Groups Links




Dave Dugas
 

Hi vt325xi,
   Very nice panel!  If you're located in the Northeast, could you tell me where?  Maybe I could fly my Q2 and see your project. Dave Dugas

--- On Tue, 7/22/08, vt325xi <rlabarre@suss.com> wrote:

From: vt325xi <rlabarre@suss.com>
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: Instrument panel complete. N32LL
To: Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 8:09 PM






Here's mine. Dynon D100. No other flight instruments. Completely a
glass panel. The engine instruments are all mechanical. So if the
power goes out the Dynon is good for 1 hour on the backup battery. I
will still fly the airplane.

http://ph.groups. yahoo.com/ group/Q-LIST/ photos/view/ 974d?b=21& m=f&o=0

http://ph.groups. yahoo.com/ group/Q-LIST/ photos/view/ 974d?b=19& m=f&o=0

Richard

--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups. com, larry severson <larry2@...> wrote:

Google APIC software for features and free/cost.

Question: Is it correct to assume that the APIC software is
displaying GPS
speed?
Yes.

If so, are you just making mental calculations when landing to get
your airspeed (ground speed + wind speed)??
yes.


I had to do this a couple of flights a week or two ago when my
airspeed
indicator mysteriously came disconnected. .. :-( so I know it is
quite
workable.
yes. The bigger the screen, the easier to read.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@...

















[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


vt325xi <rlabarre@...>
 

Doug, I am located in the northeast. The airplane is in Ticonderoga,
New York on Lake Champlain next to Vermont. My partner/mechanic is
rebuilding the airplane in his garage and the majority of the work.
He does quality work. The tail section is still sitting in Vermont.

I would love to have you fly to New York and meet us there and
inspect the airplane as well as let us see yours and how it works.
I've flown in one Q2 in Oregon and loved it. We have yet to fly ours
yet. I cannot wait. We are still refursbishing it back to a flyable
and safe condition after sitting in storage for many years. We still
haven't figured out who should fly it's re-maiden flight yet!

Richard



--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com, Dave Dugas <davedq2@...> wrote:

Hi vt325xi,
   Very nice panel!  If you're located in the Northeast, could you
tell me where?  Maybe I could fly my Q2 and see your project. Dave
Dugas

--- On Tue, 7/22/08, vt325xi <rlabarre@...> wrote:

From: vt325xi <rlabarre@...>
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: Instrument panel complete. N32LL
To: Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 8:09 PM






Here's mine. Dynon D100. No other flight instruments. Completely a
glass panel. The engine instruments are all mechanical. So if the
power goes out the Dynon is good for 1 hour on the backup battery.
I
will still fly the airplane.

http://ph.groups. yahoo.com/ group/Q-LIST/ photos/view/ 974d?b=21&
m=f&o=0

http://ph.groups. yahoo.com/ group/Q-LIST/ photos/view/ 974d?b=19&
m=f&o=0

Richard

--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups. com, larry severson <larry2@> wrote:

Google APIC software for features and free/cost.

Question: Is it correct to assume that the APIC software is
displaying GPS
speed?
Yes.

If so, are you just making mental calculations when landing to
get
your airspeed (ground speed + wind speed)??
yes.


I had to do this a couple of flights a week or two ago when my
airspeed
indicator mysteriously came disconnected. .. :-( so I know it is
quite
workable.
yes. The bigger the screen, the easier to read.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
larry2@

















[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Rick Hole
 

What is your plan if the D100 fails? Kind of putting all your eggs in one basket? Even a portable GPS would give ballpark info.
Rick

--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com, "vt325xi" <rlabarre@...> wrote:

Here's mine. Dynon D100. No other flight instruments. Completely a
glass panel. The engine instruments are all mechanical. So if the
power goes out the Dynon is good for 1 hour on the backup battery. I
will still fly the airplane.

Richard