New Years Day Flight

Jon Finley <jon@...>

Hi all,

Today was a beautiful, clear, mid-50's day. I couldn't think of a better way
to get the year started than flying so off I went. I just generally headed
north snapping photos and enjoying the scenery. I posted what I took on my
website at the link below. It was only about an hour and a half flight but
was nice to stretch my legs. All of my flying since returning from
Copperstate had been just local stuff.

It's too bad that high-resolution photos are so large, these photos loose so
much quality when reduced to a small enough size for the web. If you know
just where to look, you can see the mountains in the background where Taos
and Los Alamos, NM are.

Watch for line wrap:

http://www.finleyweb.net/Home/NewMexicoPhotos/January12009Flight/tabid/220/D
efault.aspx

Happy New Year to everyone!

Jon

Sam Hoskins

I too, like to start the new year with a flight. Unfortunately, I have
missed two in a row. I'm envious, Jon. Congratulations and Happy New Year!

Sam Hoskins
Murphysboro, IL
www.samhoskins.blogspot.com

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Jon Finley <jon@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike Dwyer <mdwyer@...>

Wow that ground looks rather unfriendly out there! Is there any where to land? I like that big rock and those valleys but was getting dizzy being so high.... 300' up and your above ground in this State! Ok, call me a flat lander...

It was a pretty day here in Florida except for the wind gusting badly (so didn't fire up the plane). I plan on getting a $100 hamburger tomorrow so will reciprocate with some pictures for ya'll then. Hope you all had a blessed Christmas and that 2009 will be a great new year for all!

Mike Q200 N3QP