Flight Report

Mike Dwyer <mdwyer@...>

Saturday the wife and I flew from KPIE to KOCF. The mission was to get lunch in Ocala Florida. This place is not to far from the Jumbolair airport where John Travolta keeps his fleet and the last time I had lunch there Wayne Newton flew in with two private jets, one for him, one for his crew. Today there was a ton of moisture just south of us, Sarasota was getting hammered and I was concerned that it might move North onto KPIE thus rendering it not a fun place to return to. Throwing caution to the wind we taxied to RWY 35L and were cleared to the NW to clear the Tampa Class B. I climbed first to 3000' then turned NE and climbed to 5500' and was flying around the big puffy white clouds that were numerous. The flight computer was playing classic rock and telling me which way to go. 25 miles out we started down and when we got below the clouds Ocala was in sight. The wind was 260 at 9 and people seemed to be using 18. Ok, I like right cross winds. Set up for left downwind and another plane called in left downwind also... He then said he had me in sight, which is weird cause nobody can ever see this Q200... Made an ok landing, no bounce and turned off for the taxi to the restaurant. We parked right in front of the Cafe and went in for lunch. Met a nice fellow with his binoculars, a serious airplane watcher and he knew our plane was a Q200. That's weird also as few know these Q planes.

After lunch we took to the sky again and climbed to 4500. Still the same clouds around making a straight path home possible but not legal. This time we fired up our little LCD Haier TV and tuned to the weather station. I could see a red blob off in Tampa Bay but had no idea which way it was moving. If it moves West we may have a problem. Still with 30 minutes to go and the classic rock playing I wasn't worried. I love the idea of cheating the satellite folks out of $40 a month for their weather service! Near Tampa we had to drop to below 3000, then over KCLW to 2000. Got cleared to land and was back at the homedrome in one piece.

Get you plane done and join us for lunch one day!
Mike Q200 N3QP http://www.warnerair.com/q200/

Bruce Crain

Atta' goin' Mike and Kevin! It's a kick ain't it!
I took my 13 year old nephew Richard for his 1st airplane ride ever today. The weather was a cool 77 degree day and there were a few puffys slowly drifting by. He asked what it's like when you take off? Is it like being in a car? I told him it was like being in a car on a road in the air and that seemed to appease him.
When we took of I heard him say "and we are in the air"! We flew out east of WDG to do some maneuvering. I let him fly and he was ecstatic! He was so excited that it didn't bother him that he was handling the Q a little roughly "banking and yanking" with big movements of the stick! Had my head on the canopy at least once so I told him to slow down a bit.
We flew over a field that a friend of mine grows and cuts into a maze for people to walk into and try to find their way out. We banked at 90 degrees and watched a tractor and a person working on the maze. We then turned northwest to go back to the airport to land after about 1/2 hour. When he realized that we were returning to WDG he said " aww do we have to quit now I am having such a great time. We were cleared into WDG by the tower and I heard Rich say hey look at the clouds! He was so excited that I figured he might like to look at one close up so I called the tower and said "I would like to amend our clearance and head northeast we are having such a great time that we are not ready to land yet. So off we go climbing out in search of a cloud to attack! I asked Richard if he would like to see the inside of that cloud off our 12 o'clock? He said "Sure"!! So we pulled out our cell phones to take pictures of clouds and the ground beneath them. I turned on the auto pilot 7500' MSL and let the TriQ fly into one of the small puffys. Richard was in awe and wanted to do it again so I said I have always wondered what it does to a cloud when you come out the other side of it so we turned 90 degrees and came back for a look. Not much happens to the cloud. We are but a dot in the "heavens" I suppose. Richard wanted to do another run at a cloud and there they were just looking for a joust! So off we go with cameras flashing and Richard say things like awesome, cool, and that was wonderful Uncle Bruce!
We did get a chance to chase another aircraft leaving WDG to the east and that was way cool for Richard with us at their 6:00 high and fast!
So finally I returned to WDG to land with other traffic inbound and outbound I had to tell Richard we couldn't talk right now as I needed to listen for directions from Tower.
We then landed and taxied back and I asked him "so Richard who's your favorite Uncle Now". He said it is "definitely you Uncle Bruce". When he saw his Mom "Barb" he said cousin Jonathan has the coolest Dad!
He had also never ridden on a motorcycle and that was what we rode out to the airport (with his Mom's permission of course).
In all it was such fun to see Richard grinning from ear to ear! I enjoy giving those kind of rides! He had seen pictures of my TriQ and saw it in the garage being built but it is another thing to actually go for a flight! Richard and I made each others day just perfect! The Qs are an awesome flying and looking airplane!

Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/BLSrjnsEGrGS83eFr0lf0ZnXKLihxeT8tq6tSOMfpHDVIaPZmUasULbZlUM/

JMasal@...

for a former Fla, boy who knows that real estate, I had a nice flight with
you in that narrative!

j.

schmayhoo

Damn I'm hungry. Jerry Brinkerhuff Q-200 Giten er done

jerry

In a message dated 8/30/2009 8:47:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mdwyer@... writes:

[...]

Mike Q200 N3QP _http://www.warneraihttp://www._
(http://www.warnerair.com/q200/)

_Messages in this topic _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/message/24228;_ylc=X3oDMTM2YWkycDhoBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjQxNTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1
MDY1NjE4BG1zZ0lkAzM0NDk2BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTI1MTY3OTYxOAR0cGNJ
ZAMyNDIyOA--) (43) _Reply (via web post) _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxMGpvaWc5BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjQxNTgEZ3Jwc3BJ
ZAMxNzA1MDY1NjE4BG1zZ0lkAzM0NDk2BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTI1MTY3OTYx
OA--?act=reply&messageNum=34496) | _Start a new topic _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlYmk5Z29mBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjQ
xNTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1NjE4BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTI1MTY3OTYxOA-
-)
_Messages_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJlaWdzOGZxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjQxNTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1NjE4BHNlYwNmdHIEc
2xrA21zZ3MEc3RpbWUDMTI1MTY3OTYxOA--) | _Files_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/files;_ylc=X3oDMTJmZjAwMnRrBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjQxNTgEZ3
Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1NjE4BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2ZpbGVzBHN0aW1lAzEyNTE2Nzk2MTg-) |
_Photos_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/photos;_ylc=X3oDMTJlN2gzNWt1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjQxNTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1NjE4BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA
3Bob3QEc3RpbWUDMTI1MTY3OTYxOA--) | _Members_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJlcDJsZ2xoBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjQxNTgEZ3
Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1NjE4BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA21icnMEc3RpbWUDMTI1MTY3OTYxOA--)
Quickie Builders Association WEB site
_http://www.quickiebuilders.org_ (http://www.quickiebuilders.org/)

MARKETPLACE

_Mom Power: Discover the community of moms doing more for their families,
for the world and for each other_
(http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=14k558f0j/M=493064.12016295.13271503.10835568/D=groups/S=1705065618:MKP1/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1251
686818/L=/B=9VYKB0PDhEk-/J=1251679618615429/K=3j0ipT_PgmxIMqDpDU00gQ/A=56973
81/R=0/SIG=11eaa5dke/*http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mompowergroup/)

)
_Change settings via the Web_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJmYjQ4ZWdvBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjQxNTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1N
jE4BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdzBHN0aW1lAzEyNTE2Nzk2MTg-) (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: _Switch delivery to Daily Digest_
(mailto:Q-LIST-digest@...?subject=Email Delivery: Digest) | _Switch format
to Traditional_ (mailto:Q-LIST-traditional@...?subject=Change
Delivery Format: Traditional)
_Visit Your Group _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST;_ylc=X3oDMTJkdTVybjRnBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjQxNTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1NjE4BHNlYwNmdHIE
c2xrA2hwZgRzdGltZQMxMjUxNjc5NjE4) | _Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use _
(http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/) | _Unsubscribe _

Recent Activity
* 2
_New Members_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmOGg0YXZpBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjQxNTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1NjE4BHNlYwN2dG
wEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEyNTE2Nzk2MTg-)

_Visit Your Group _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZzB2NTlpBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjQxNTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1NjE4BHNlYwN2dGwE
c2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTI1MTY3OTYxOA--)

Yahoo! Finance
_It's Now Personal_
(http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=14hn244g5/M=493064.12016257.
12445664.8674578/D=groups/S=1705065618:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1251686818/L=/B=9lYKB0PDhEk-/J=1251679618615429/K=3j0ipT_PgmxIMqDpDU00gQ/A=4507179/R=0/SIG=12de4
rskk/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=50284/*http://finance.yahoo.com/personal-fi
nance)
Guides, news,
advice & more.

New business?
_Get new customers._
(http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=14hbmc97m/M=493064.12016308.12445700.8674578/D=groups/S=1705065618:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1251686818/L=/B=91Y
KB0PDhEk-/J=1251679618615429/K=3j0ipT_PgmxIMqDpDU00gQ/A=3848640/R=0/SIG=131a
n6mds/*http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/srchv2.php?o=US2002&cmp=Yahoo&ct
v=Groups1&s=Y&s2=&s3=&b=50)
List your web site
in Yahoo! Search.

Yahoo! Groups
_Cat Zone_
(http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=14h8676b6/M=493064.12016263.12445670.8674578/D=groups/S=1705065618:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1251686818/L=/B=.FYKB0PDhEk-/
J=1251679618615429/K=3j0ipT_PgmxIMqDpDU00gQ/A=4836036/R=0/SIG=11olbte0b/*htt
p://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/catzone/index.html)
Connect w/ others
who love cats.

.

steps!
=JulystepsfooterNO115)

raoborg@...

OK Mike! I get your message.I guess I have to finish my Q then we can go for some big hambs in DeLand. Raoul

[...]

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

JMasal@...

In a message dated 9/1/2009 10:48:33 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
paulbuckley@... writes:

"Get you plane done and join us for lunch one day!"
Mike Q200 N3QP _http://www.warneraihttp://www._
(http://www.warnerair.com/q200/)

I guess I'll just have to build a bigger tank........I gueI gueI gueI

Paul B.
England

Well you better git to buildin SOMEthing on dat bird! (Mah spies ar
watchin yew)

j.

Paul Buckley