Response to Bruce the new guy.

quickheads2 <groups@...>

Hey Bruce,
Not to burst your bubble, but if you bought the CD off eBay, I would bet that the seller either downloaded everything on that CD from other people's websites, or from the files section of this list, for free.

For example Jon Finley has a bunch of stuff for download here:

http://www.finleyweb.net/JonsStuff/QuickieQ2Docs/tabid/58/Default.aspx

Secondly, the plans were written to support the kits that Quickie Aircraft Corporation produced in the 1980's. Therefore, they don't describe how to build one from scratch, and if you attempt it, you'll find that you'll have A LOT of pieces missing. Quickie Aircraft Corporation has been out of business since the mid 1980's.

I would recommend that you do some reading of previous posts here in the Q-list to see if any questions you might have are already answered. I would also recommend that you consider reading the plans very thoroughly so you know what you're getting into. There is also the Quickie Builders Association that is a good source of information. They have back issues of their newlsetter available here: http://www.quickiebuilders.org/backissu.html

I'm not trying to squash your enthusiasm, but I think you have some more research to do. A "Google" search might prove productive as well.

Hope this helps. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Dan Yager
Q-200 under reconstruction
www.quickheads.com

--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Bernath <brucebernath@...> wrote:

Hello everyone! My name is Bruce and I'm brand new to the forum. I purchased a set of plans for the Q2/Q200 on CD recently. I'm not sure if it was a good idea or not. They seem very clear and concise but I need a lot of input to make sure it gets done right. This is my first composite aircraft. I fell in love with the design many years ago and set my mind to building one. Any input on improvements/mods would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Bruce Bernath

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the response. I do appreciate your input. I have done about 6 months of googling and have acquired much information on the Q200. Too bad no one produces kits for them anymore. It would certainly make life much easier. I realize there are kits and partially to mostly completed aircraft but I would not get the satisfaction of calling it my own. I also realized after reading the builders manual that it was in fact the original 1980's version. That certainly concerned me. However I will depend on the collective knowledge & skill of this group to help me along the way via reading the previous posts as you suggest. Again I appreciate your help & look forward to speaking with you and the group.

                                 "Iron Bubble" Bruce    lol

[...]

http://mail.yahoo.com

dkeats <dkeats@...>

Bruce--------------- If you are interested, I have a complete Q200 kit never started. It's in Ontario Canada. Not cheap, but all there less engine. Give me a buzz off line if interested.----------- Canada Chris

Bruce Bernath

Hey Chris. Thanks for the info. Please define "not cheap".

                                         Bruce

never started. It's in Ontario Canada. Not cheap, but all there less
engine. Give me a buzz off line if interested.- --------- - Canada Chris

britmcman99

Bruce, where are you located?

Phil
San Diego, CA

wrote:

Hello everyone! My name is Bruce and I'm brand new to the forum. I
purchased a set of plans for the Q2/Q200 on CD recently. I'm not
sure if it was a good idea or not. They seem very clear and concise
but I need a lot of input to make sure it gets done right. This is
my first composite aircraft. I fell in love with the design many
years ago and set my mind to building one.. Any input on
improvements/ mods would be much appreciated. Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Bruce Bernath

Hi Phil
I am located in Vernon, Michigan. Its about 20 miles east/northeast of Lansing.

wrote:

Hello everyone! My name is Bruce and I'm brand new to the forum. I
purchased a set of plans for the Q2/Q200 on CD recently. I'm not
sure if it was a good idea or not. They seem very clear and concise
but I need a lot of input to make sure it gets done right. This is
my first composite aircraft. I fell in love with the design many
years ago and set my mind to building one.. Any input on
improvements/ mods would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Do You Yahoo!?
http://mail. yahoo.com

JMasal@...

In a message dated 10/3/2009 6:15:48 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
britmcman@aol.com writes:

It would
certainly make life much easier.

If it were all about making your life easier you should just go out a buy a
plane! Believe me... if you even buy a partial plane, by the time you
finish you will feel it's yours. Ask Thayer!

j.