Home safe

kr2flyer1986

N817RC is home safe and sound. Thanks for a great fly-in.

Bob Clark
Ankeny, Iowa
TRI-Q 200
97 Hours

hargin

N311DM made it back safe also.  We were the last to leave.  Got a nice tail wind resulting in a high GPS groundspeed of 170 mph.  3200 rpm, 23 inches on the manifold with throttle to spare.  Did have the oil pressure flicker up and down for awhile but oil temp(200) CHT (300) and EGT1250) not change any so continued on.  It finally quite flickering 1/2 way home.  Something to check out this week.  It was great meeting everyone and learning more about the Q.  Thanks Doug for a nice weekend.
Mitch Hargin
Clarinda, IA

--- On Sun, 10/4/09, robert clark <kr2flyer1986@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: [Q-LIST] Home safe
To: Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, October 4, 2009, 12:13 PM

Bob Clark
Ankeny, Iowa
TRI-Q 200
97 Hours

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Doug Humble <hawkidoug@...>

I made it home around 4:30 pm after Allan Thayer and Sam Kittle helped me install the new sign at the Beatrice airport. Thanks guys!!! Being looking for some Omaha Steaks in the mail soon as payment.

The fly-in was a success. 11 Q types, a cozy and two span canners. Also, on Sat. my neighbor Tom Mann (building a Vari Eze) and Rick Nordgarden from Council Bluffs IA flew down in rentals. Considering what the weather was like on Friday, this was a fantastic turn out! We have great pilots in this group. A full write up will be forth coming in the newsletter.

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
A Sign Above www.asignabove.net
Omaha NE
N25974

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2009 12:13 PM

Bob Clark
Ankeny, Iowa
TRI-Q 200
97 Hours

L.J. French <LJFrench@...>

I made it home around noon.
A big thanks to Doug for hosting this event.
I also commend the many faithful attendees who flew in from all over the
country (commercial, span, drive, Q) to attend. And so many of these folks
continue to come long distance every year. Thanks Dave Dugas for your
persistence in getting out here despite the weather and short visit time.
Also, Charlie and Bob have a long trip home trying to go south around the
bad weather and most likely waiting it out somewhere tonight.

LJ French
TriQ-200 and Q-200 in process

-----Original Message-----
From: Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Doug Humble
Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2009 5:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Home safe

I made it home around 4:30 pm after Allan Thayer and Sam Kittle helped me
install the new sign at the Beatrice airport. Thanks guys!!! Being looking
for some Omaha Steaks in the mail soon as payment.

The fly-in was a success. 11 Q types, a cozy and two span canners. Also, on
Sat. my neighbor Tom Mann (building a Vari Eze) and Rick Nordgarden from
Council Bluffs IA flew down in rentals. Considering what the weather was
like on Friday, this was a fantastic turn out! We have great pilots in this
group. A full write up will be forth coming in the newsletter.

Doug "Hawkeye" Humble
A Sign Above www.asignabove.net
Omaha NE
N25974
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2009 12:13 PM

Bob Clark
Ankeny, Iowa
TRI-Q 200
97 Hours

------------------------------------

Quickie Builders Association WEB site
http://www.quickiebuilders.org

Yahoo! Groups Links

n17pf <fisherpaula@...>

Opps, I forgot to check in! Bruce Crain and I made it to Davenport at about 12:30. Joanne got her car (sexy little sports car!) and took off for the long drive to Enid OK. Bruce took off shortly after for his (relatively) short trip to Enid.

Thanks for all the fun. I'm sorry I didn't arrive until late Saturday afternoon due to weather, but I sure am glad I made the effort. It was great to see everyone!

Paul A. Fisher
Q-200, N17PF

Bruce Crain

Made it to the hanger at 5:40 p.m. Honey Lamb was already at Kansas city!! Terry did you guys just see a flash when she went by preceded by a shock wave? She should be in about midnight tonight.
Thanks so much to Paul for his help with a few things to help send Honey Lamb out on the open road. I now have two sand bags for ballast in the right seat. Thanks for that also Paul. I'll buy you a burger sometime. (don't tell Jon, I still owe him one for picking up my gas blunder at Bellin, NM).

Dave you hosted a great time for all of us! What a bunch of great guys and gals! The fellowship was superb! N96BJ just keeps churning out the airspeed and hauling us comfortably. Get em done guys and gals! It's a great little airplane!

Bruce Crain

Please note: message attached

Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 18:06:01 EDT

Bruce Crain

Doug!
Sorry I was brain dead for a little bit! It happens a little more all the time. Don't know who Dave is. Maybe I was still in the Dave Richardson mode. Can't remember things currently but still remember things years ago. Maybe medication?
Honey lamb returned home after flying 330 flying to Davenport and driving 680 miles to Enid. Still has a big happy grin on her face! We enjoyed seeing everybody! Can't wait for the next one!

Bruce

Deems Herring

I made it home in my low flying Ford. Heavy rain from Kentucky to Georgia, good thing I was driving. I enjoyed the whole week end. See everyone next year.

Deems Herring

JMasal@...

In a message dated 10/5/2009 8:50:12 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jcrain2@juno.com writes:

We

Dear Family (my builder/pilot family) I'm back in Dallas after only 7 hrs
flying stand-by on Southwest. 2 perfect landings at STL and Dal. Flying at
550 mph aint nearly as fun as the Q planes. Delighted to see all youse guys
and the refurbed bird. Kudos to Mr. Dugas for being relentless!!!

millenniumflier@...

Hi Doug, and All our fellow aviators,

Also home safe, at 12:30 AM Sunday night/Monday morning, and yet another reason for me to get my plane finished and flying... so i can get home sooner than taking commercial! The 1,300 miles or so from Livermore to Beatrice could be done certainly before nightfall... weather permitting, that is.

Doug, once again, you did an outstanding job of putting together another great fly-in, and all your planning and organizing really paid off, despite the almost near annihilation of the event due to the winds... just about all of us made it in after all, and it was great catching up on all our friendships for another year. I really appreciated your concern about safety this time especially, and i think those concerns were on the minds of us all.

What a great time to see some great airplanes again, and my personal thanks to everyone who did fly their's to the event.

Oh, and Jon, i sure learned my lesson about making predictions about flying my plane (i was sure i was gonna get tarred and feathered right there in the terminal building Saturday evening!) and Kevin, yes, it sure would be nice to fly myself there next year too, so you just MIGHT have some more company.... notice i'm leaving it alot more vague this time! lol Only, no more long-range weather predictions, ok?? :-)

Doug, many, thanks again for all your hard work in planning for the event, and for your great perseverance as Newsletter editor too. We are all the richer for your efforts.

Still building...

Alan