Copperstate Report

Jon Finley <jon@...>

Hi all,

I attended the Copperstate fly-in this weekend, just returned home this
morning. I’ve uploaded some photos to my website:

http://www.finleyweb.net/JonsStuff/Trips/2009Copperstate/tabid/237/Default.a
spx

It was a very nice event with a good turnout. However; I was the ONLY Q2
there and there were no Dragonflies. I am continually amazed at the number
of fliers/attendees that have never seen a Q2 and the amount of interest in
generates.

There were a couple of Soob powered planes but I didn’t get a chance to talk
to any of the owners. Maxwell was there with their Soob powered Glastar
looking as good as ever.

I was asked to fly in the showcase flights and did so Saturday afternoon at
1:45pm. Was kinda warm but I made some racket anyway.

It was a strange year as they changed the dates such that the event ended on
Saturday. I was amazed at how many people left by Saturday afternoon – the
ramp looked only about ½ full.

Jon Finley

N314JF - Q2 - Subaru EJ-22

http://www.finleyweb.net/Q2Subaru.aspx

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom and dignity.
It is the argument of tyrants and it is the creed of slaves" - William Pitt
in the House of Commons

Mike Dwyer <mdwyer@...>

Some very pretty airplanes out there. How high do you fly on these trips?
Thanks for posting the pix!
Mike Q200 N3QP

Jon Finley wrote:

[...]

ramp looked only about full.

Jon Finley

N314JF - Q2 - Subaru EJ-22

http://www.finleyweb.net/Q2Subaru.aspx

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom and dignity.
It is the argument of tyrants and it is the creed of slaves" - William Pitt
in the House of Commons

Jon Finley <jon@...>

Hi Mike,

The in-flight photos at the start ("going to") of that page were taken at
9500' - the last of the in-flight photos ("going home") were at 10,500'.
Home base is 4850' so getting to do some flying at Casa Grande (1400') is a
thrill - just like Beat Rice - just love that low altitude performance!!

Jon

Jon Finley wrote:
[...]

10/25/09 19:57:00

Bruce Crain

Great pics Jon!
you win the Craggly award. Looks familiar. Did you fly the south route over Demming?
Bruce
Please note: message attached

From: "Jon Finley" <jon@...>
To: <jon@...>
Subject: [Q-LIST] Copperstate Report
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 16:59:00 -0600

Click now for effective psoriasis treatment solutions.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/BLSrjnsEMfOP7qTv1bD62csEcNTyW9MfnrkUF8DgzFK9uYRnuXZt12wEewI/

Jon Finley <jon@...>

Hi Brucie!

I went the northern route from Mid Valley to Show Low, AZ to Casa Grande, AZ
(E98 - SOW - CGZ).

Jon

you win the Craggly award. Looks familiar. Did you fly the south
route over Demming?
Bruce

iceobar <ascanielsen@...>

Jon,

Did you by chance see the final results for the Fuelventure 400? They don't seem to be posted on their website...

Thanks
Al

From: "Jon Finley" <jon@...>
To: <Q-LIST@...>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 12:38:32 -0600

Find Bathroom Remodelers
Get free estimates from top-rated bathroom contractors. No obligation!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/c?cp=CZhd6Ec_YVmkBYWbEZuJwgAAJz2LAukgGeytgafzyV4KbCmoAAQAAAAFAAAAADDpoD4AAAMlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABIYOQAAAAA=