From: "sdhall" <sdhall@emergentsys.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 6, 2010 6:25am
To: Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Q-LIST] Reflexor hinge bushing QCSAR4 thickness?

Can someone tell me the thickness of the Phenolic Reflexor upper hinge
bushing QCSAR4?
thanks
Sanjay

Leon

I just happened to have that drawing on the pile next to me. It looks like QAC didn't specify a dimension but working back from the hardware and scaling from the drawing it looks like it was 1/4".

While the QAC version may be a more precise way of reflexing the ailerons with out introducing any roll component, Jon is right about the other design being much easier to fabricate. The asymmetrical displacement of the ailerons introduced by the other design is probably only theoretical. If your working from scratch I'd take a look at the simpler version before starting any fabrication......
Leon

--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com, jon@... wrote:

Hi Sanjay,

I'm not positive but I think that part was to be quarter inch (.25") thick.

Hopefully this does not confuse things but have you seen the "improved" reflexor design published in Q-Talk?

Jon