MIxture control arm Continental 0200


Rick Hole
 

Bruce, isn't that the same carb as the RSA? If so the arms for mixture and
throttle can be rotated on the shafts to suit your need.

Rick


Bruce Crain
 

Doh, I mean sump. It looks like a bladder. Gotta' get away from calling it that. Sum bubby might tink ah im stupeed er somtin.
The number for my friend Gary's carb is MA-3SPA part number 10-4895. I on the other hand don't know the number on my carb.
Thanks Sammy
Bruce

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@gmail.com>
To: Q-LIST <Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] MIxture control arm Continental 0200
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:31:16 -0500

Oil bladder? You mean the sump?

Bruce, there are lots and lots of models of carb and but the parts catalog
may not show each arm configuration.


Sam







On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 8:47 PM, jcrain2@juno.com <jcrain2@juno.com> wrote:



Does anyone know of a catalog for the Marvel Schebler that shows options
for mixture control arms. I would like to find an arm that aims aft and fits
with the oil bladder behind it.
Bruce Crain

__________________________________________________________
Get Free Email with Video Mail & Video Chat!
http://www.juno.com/freeemail?refcd=JUTAGOUT1FREM0210


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Quickie Builders Association WEB site
http://www.quickiebuilders.org

Yahoo! Groups Links




____________________________________________________________
Weight Loss Program
Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/c?cp=DvMlLiHjZBtVOIubnVqt5wAAJz2LAukgGeytgafzyV4KbCmoAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEUgAAAAA=


Bruce Crain
 

I think you might be right Rick. Seems like the part has a top and a bottom that may come apart and re-seat to a different clocking. The arm on my buddies carb looks different than mine so am thinking it may be a different carb. The problem may come with the oil sump being to close to the carb for the arm to point aft. When I get a chance to look at it I may see if I can change it. Will have to take the carb off to change it if possible. I am enjoying it to much to take it apart right now!
Thanks
Bruce
____________________________________________________________
Small Business Tools
Free info for small business owners. Click here to find great products geared for your business.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/c?cp=vjPvnzYYc2CGHD6FSfRzcwAAJz2LAukgGeytgafzyV4KbCmoAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARMQAAAAA=


Clive Clapham
 

Hi you guys

I,ve just posted a link to the 0200 group an for A75 A85 A90 0200 manual.

It shows the mixture lever its a tall one, I think there are three versions Tall/short and another.

Lycoming engines with the carb slung under the sump use the short ones.

Anyway hope this helps.

Clive........gobxoy

--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com, "jcrain2@..." <jcrain2@...> wrote:

I think you might be right Rick. Seems like the part has a top and a bottom that may come apart and re-seat to a different clocking. The arm on my buddies carb looks different than mine so am thinking it may be a different carb. The problem may come with the oil sump being to close to the carb for the arm to point aft. When I get a chance to look at it I may see if I can change it. Will have to take the carb off to change it if possible. I am enjoying it to much to take it apart right now!
Thanks
Bruce
____________________________________________________________
Small Business Tools
Free info for small business owners. Click here to find great products geared for your business.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/c?cp=vjPvnzYYc2CGHD6FSfRzcwAAJz2LAukgGeytgafzyV4KbCmoAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARMQAAAAA=

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Jim Patillo
 

Bruce,

Mind if I ask why you are wanting to rearrange your mixture control arm? Are you changing something that would require that? BTW I speak OKIE so bladder works for me! Hope all is well with you and family.

Jim

--- In Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com, "jcrain2@..." <jcrain2@...> wrote:

Doh, I mean sump. It looks like a bladder. Gotta' get away from calling it that. Sum bubby might tink ah im stupeed er somtin.
The number for my friend Gary's carb is MA-3SPA part number 10-4895. I on the other hand don't know the number on my carb.
Thanks Sammy
Bruce
---------- Original Message ----------
From: Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...>
To: Q-LIST <Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] MIxture control arm Continental 0200
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:31:16 -0500

Oil bladder? You mean the sump?

Bruce, there are lots and lots of models of carb and but the parts catalog
may not show each arm configuration.


Sam







On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 8:47 PM, jcrain2@... <jcrain2@...> wrote:



Does anyone know of a catalog for the Marvel Schebler that shows options
for mixture control arms. I would like to find an arm that aims aft and fits
with the oil bladder behind it.
Bruce Crain

__________________________________________________________
Get Free Email with Video Mail & Video Chat!
http://www.juno.com/freeemail?refcd=JUTAGOUT1FREM0210


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Quickie Builders Association WEB site
http://www.quickiebuilders.org

Yahoo! Groups Links




____________________________________________________________
Weight Loss Program
Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/c?cp=DvMlLiHjZBtVOIubnVqt5wAAJz2LAukgGeytgafzyV4KbCmoAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEUgAAAAA=


Bruce Crain
 

Well ya' see it goes like this. My mixture cable runs forward and exits the left side of the firewall. Then it turns right and runs behind the engine. Then it makes a 180 degree turn around the bladder (sump) filler neck and connects with the mixture arm. I used a teflon lined cable and it is very stiff to actuate. If I could make only one turn from the left side into the mixture arm it would work much easier. But until I get time I will just continue working out so I can use my mixture control.
All is well with the family. The swelling should go down any day. Yuk, just kidding!
Bruce

Bruce,

Mind if I ask why you are wanting to rearrange your mixture control arm? Are you changing something that would require that? BTW I speak OKIE so bladder works for me! Hope all is well with you and family.

Jim


____________________________________________________________
Hotel
Hotel pics, info and virtual tours. Click here to book a hotel online.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/c?cp=LLg_u87QTn9e9mPUf0R4ZQAAJz2LAukgGeytgafzyV4KbCmoAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATRAAAAAA=


Rick Hole
 

Yes Bruce. My reply was partly in error, the RSA is a servo, not a carb,
but I was only wrong in the letters. The M-S carb line has passed through
several owner companies with name changes but the technology is nearly
identical. There are some different arms made but mostly you loosen the
securing screw, slide the arm off, and rotate it to a new position on the
splined shaft. Be sure to safety the screw, don't want that sucker coming
off!



Rick