Tri Q Nose Leg Springs

Richard Thomson

Can any of the Tri Q guys remind me how the springs and washers go either side of the fork please ?

Richard Thomson
TriQ 200

Kevin Boddicker

Richard,
Which fork do you have. The original, or the new HD unit?

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B 160 hrs
Luana, IA.

On Apr 5, 2010, at 3:29 PM, viggenbuilder2 wrote:

Can any of the Tri Q guys remind me how the springs and washers go either side of the fork please ?

Richard Thomson
TriQ 200

Bruce Crain

Please note: message attached

From: "viggenbuilder2" <richard@...>
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] Tri Q Nose Leg Springs
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 20:29:49 -0000

Richard,
I put a 1/4" piece of phenolic and a thin washer on top of the fork. The reason was to be able to put a stop bolt threaded into the fork so that the fork couldn't turn all the way around on the tube. If that happens according to your geometry it could let the wheel pant hit the prop.
Some have put the conical washers on top of the fork so that the angle of incidence of the TriQ on the ground moves up.
So I believe both ways have been tried. I only know how mine works.

Bruce
Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4bba891559a6610f0a1st02vuc

MartinErni@...

same here,
Earnest

In a message dated 4/6/2010 5:44:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
trumanst@... writes:

Richard,
I set the canard at 0° while building as per plans. I think putting the
fork as low on its axle as possible is a help.
Making the ground angle of incidence a bit more nose up.
My washers are all above the fork. I believe it is:
Top Down
Welded washer
Large flat washer
Two conical washers
Large flat
Phenolic
Fork
Large thin flat
Lock nut

If memory serves. I will try to remember to look the next trip to the
field.
I do think it helped with the TO. Less back pressure on the stick to lift
off.
Hope this helps.

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B 160 hrs
Luana, IA.

On Apr 6, 2010, at 2:55 PM, Richard Thomson wrote:

Thanks Bruce.

Kev, You have sent this once before but can't find the mail. Its for the
HD leg, If I remember you suggested that the springs can go above or below
to achive the right incidence on the canard. If so, what incidence did you
set ?

Cheers

Richard

Richard Thomson

TriiQ 200

UK

Richard Thomson

[...]

It is also important to set the angle of the nose gear tube at the bottom to the correct incidence. It helps to keep shimmy from happening if you make the bottom of the tube after the curve at least 1 degree of incidence back from bottom to top. The bottom should be forward of the top in the straight part below the curve 1 degree. Hope I was understandable in the explanation.
Bruce

[...]

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4bbbcf047d4f1113587st06vuc

Richard Thomson

Kevin,

I have DC's leg off of his TriQ200, which has the phenolic washer next to the welded assembly attached with a bolt. So presumably the fork on his was at the top of the leg with the washers underneath.
So until its all back together and loaded finding the right height will be difficult, so possibly the best idea is to reassemble it against the phenolic, which should be the worst case, and adjust it later.

Thanks for your thoughts guys,

Richard.