Calling the Livermore/Norcal gang....

David J. Gall

Patillo/Thayer/Farnam/etc...?

Help rescue a Q2/200 airframe from the dumpster. I'm not sure it's even still available, but if it is, we need to do it this weekend. I'm waiting for a callback on whether it has been saved for us or met its demise, but if its not gone yet I'll need your help to retreive it.

David J. Gall

Jim Patillo

Hi David,

Sorry I couldn't get back to you soooner. We've been out of the country for a couple of weeks. Did you get help or do you still need some?

Regards,
Jim Patillo
N46JP Q200

--- In Q-LIST@..., "davidjgall" <David@...> wrote:

Patillo/Thayer/Farnam/etc...?

Help rescue a Q2/200 airframe from the dumpster. I'm not sure it's even still available, but if it is, we need to do it this weekend. I'm waiting for a callback on whether it has been saved for us or met its demise, but if its not gone yet I'll need your help to retreive it.

David J. Gall

David J. Gall

Wes, Jim, et al.,

Here's the update: I got a call out of the blue from a friend. Apparently Gavilan Aviation of Hollister, CA (KCVH), is moving to San Martin, CA (E16). They have, among other things, a "Q200" fuselage with "good workmanship" and two main wings without ailerons also with "good workmanship." I'm given this information by an A & P friend who lives nearby and who knows a Q200 when he sees one, so I consider this good information -- I haven't been to see for myself.

The parts have already been moved to E16 and are available for pickup this weekend, given one day advance notice (or more) to my friend to clear the way for pickup. I have no claim on the parts so they are for whoever wants them, but they are there for the taking and I think the Q-community would be remiss to let this opportunity pass.

Maybe if you guys don't want them you could at least salvage them and hold them for someone who does want them. I can't get there from here this weekend due to mandatory overtime from my employer, but I'd be happy to call and make arrangements if somebody wants to go get some free airplane parts.

Lemme know!

David J. Gall

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Jim P" <logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Hi David,

Sorry I couldn't get back to you soooner. We've been out of the country for a couple of weeks. Did you get help or do you still need some?

Regards,
Jim Patillo
N46JP Q200

--- In Q-LIST@..., "davidjgall" <David@> wrote:

Patillo/Thayer/Farnam/etc...?

Help rescue a Q2/200 airframe from the dumpster. I'm not sure it's even still available, but if it is, we need to do it this weekend. I'm waiting for a callback on whether it has been saved for us or met its demise, but if its not gone yet I'll need your help to retreive it.

David J. Gall

Mike Perry

Hello David:

Any chance for other parts? Specifically, Carbon Fiber Spars?

I'm working on rebuilding my canard and not sure how it is going to turn
out ...

Thanks -- Mike

On 6/22/2010 6:45 PM, davidjgall wrote:

[...]

britmcman99

I have carbon fiber spars unused and new blue foam (3 Billets -enough for both wings). If things don't work out, I'm here for you

Phil Lankford
San Marcos, CA
Britmcman (at) aol (dot) com