Video

Jim Patillo

http://vimeo.com/9013756

This is a repost. Cut and paste address into your browser to view.

Mike Dwyer <mdwyer@...>

Dooh, I wanted to see the landing! Good video Jim, you have what looks like a very functional panel and nice job with the check list. Your video editor program doesn't seem to be doing a good job for you tho, because it did make the video kinda jerky. I like Pinnacle Studio 14 for editing.

Going for a $20 hamburger tomorrow, builders take note... in a Cessna it would be a $150 hamburger. Maybe I'll come home with some video!

Mike Q200 N3QP

Jim P wrote:

Isaksson Roger <scratchdeeper@...>

Fantastic photage,

I must say you do have nerve though, messing with the GPS settings in the first
bypass run. Only a guy, like you Jim P.  with a lot of hours under his belt,
that knows where everything is at, at any given moment can do that.

A driver straight out of traffic school have the ten o clock and two o clock
grip with white knuckles for the first period of driving, only much later, many
miles later,  can he drive, holding his steering wheel with his knees, pouring a
cup of coffee from his thermos, while being in a tricky driving condition....and
still be safe.

Frankly speaking Jim....you've got your shit down, and are in the "fun zone".

Very nice video, a pleasure to watch.

Roger

________________________________
This is a repost. Cut and paste address into your browser to view.

kr2flyer1986

Great video Jim.  Its a great motivator .for those still building.
Bob Clark

This is a repost. Cut and paste address into your browser to view.

Jon Finley <jon@...>

Good stuff Jim - thanks for posting it!

I've made several video attempts this year but all have been miserable
failures. I cannot seem to get a camera mount position that I like. I
tried again yesterday and today on the way to/from breakfast and got some
footage that I almost like. It is far from good quality but maybe someone
will enjoy it. I am still (occasionally) working on better...

Two videos:
1. Some hill flying footage. http://www.vimeo.com/17481531

2. Footage of the tight traffic pattern than I mentioned in an email a
couple of weeks ago. http://www.vimeo.com/17482681

Enjoy,

Jon

This is a repost. Cut and paste address into your browser to view.

Robert Bounds

We've got it! Video proof that Finley actually does live on the moon. Note the total lack of signs of life, the rugged terrain of the moon's surface, the subtle foreign name for his home. Now the technical questions. Will a Subaru actually run in zero atmosphere? Will Finley run in zero atmosphere? So many questions.
Bounds

I've made several video attempts this year but all have been miserable
failures. I cannot seem to get a camera mount position that I like. I
tried again yesterday and today on the way to/from breakfast and got some
footage that I almost like. It is far from good quality but maybe someone
will enjoy it. I am still (occasionally) working on better...

Two videos:
1. Some hill flying footage. http://www.vimeo.com/17481531

2. Footage of the tight traffic pattern than I mentioned in an email a
couple of weeks ago. http://www.vimeo.com/17482681

Enjoy,

Jon

> -----> http://vimeo.com/9013756
>
> This is a repost. Cut and paste address into your browser to view.

Kevin Boddicker

Thanks Jon! Just what I needed. We had 6" of snow Friday night. Spent yesterday blowing snow and fixing the snow blower. Always a builder. Even if it is fixing equipment. Wished I had your metal lathe. Had to solder the choke shaft back together. I would have turned a new one with the right tools!!!
Keep flying, and sending video.

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B 194 hrs
Luana, IA.

On Dec 4, 2010, at 10:44 PM, Jon Finley wrote:

Good stuff Jim - thanks for posting it!

I've made several video attempts this year but all have been miserable
failures. I cannot seem to get a camera mount position that I like. I
tried again yesterday and today on the way to/from breakfast and got some
footage that I almost like. It is far from good quality but maybe someone
will enjoy it. I am still (occasionally) working on better...

Two videos:
1. Some hill flying footage. http://www.vimeo.com/17481531

2. Footage of the tight traffic pattern than I mentioned in an email a
couple of weeks ago. http://www.vimeo.com/17482681

Enjoy,

Jon

This is a repost. Cut and paste address into your browser to view.

Mike Dwyer <mdwyer@...>

Good video Jon. For the one over the hills where did you mount the camera? I got an eBay suction cup for $10 that really holds well to the inside of the canopy. Dieing to try that out! Actually the camera hangs upside down from the canopy but virtualdub software rotates it around to being correct.
Thanks for posting. Wish I had some hills to fly around...
Mike N3QP Q200

Jon Finley wrote:

Good stuff Jim - thanks for posting it!

I've made several video attempts this year but all have been miserable
failures. I cannot seem to get a camera mount position that I like. I
tried again yesterday and today on the way to/from breakfast and got some
footage that I almost like. It is far from good quality but maybe someone
will enjoy it. I am still (occasionally) working on better...

Two videos:
1. Some hill flying footage. http://www.vimeo.com/17481531

2. Footage of the tight traffic pattern than I mentioned in an email a
couple of weeks ago. http://www.vimeo.com/17482681

Enjoy,

Jon

This is a repost. Cut and paste address into your browser to view.

Paul Buckley

Well, you can't have hills AND temperature too!
That's just being greedy...........

Jon Finley wrote:
> Good stuff Jim - thanks for posting it!
>
> I've made several video attempts this year but all have been miserable
> failures. I cannot seem to get a camera mount position that I like. I
> tried again yesterday and today on the way to/from breakfast and got some
> footage that I almost like. It is far from good quality but maybe someone
> will enjoy it. I am still (occasionally) working on better...
>
> Two videos:
> 1. Some hill flying footage. http://www.vimeo.com/17481531
>
> 2. Footage of the tight traffic pattern than I mentioned in an email a
> couple of weeks ago. http://www.vimeo.com/17482681
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Jon

Sam Hoskins

I still can't get over that 37 ft wide runway at
E98<http://www.airnav.com/airport/E98>.
Don't think I'd try that one.

Sam

Jon Finley wrote:
Good stuff Jim - thanks for posting it!

I've made several video attempts this year but all have been miserable
failures. I cannot seem to get a camera mount position that I like. I
tried again yesterday and today on the way to/from breakfast and got some
footage that I almost like. It is far from good quality but maybe someone
will enjoy it. I am still (occasionally) working on better...

Two videos:
1. Some hill flying footage. http://www.vimeo.com/17481531

2. Footage of the tight traffic pattern than I mentioned in an email a
couple of weeks ago. http://www.vimeo.com/17482681

Enjoy,

Jon

This is a repost. Cut and paste address into your browser to view.

rdixon <rdixon@...>

Dialed in, sighted in and doin' the two step!
Jon, (or Mike D) I would love to see a "tail cam" from the bottom of the
ship.

Robert

Jon Finley wrote:

Good stuff Jim - thanks for posting it!

I've made several video attempts this year but all have been miserable
failures. I cannot seem to get a camera mount position that I like. I
tried again yesterday and today on the way to/from breakfast and got some
footage that I almost like. It is far from good quality but maybe someone
will enjoy it. I am still (occasionally) working on better...

Two videos:
1. Some hill flying footage. http://www.vimeo.com/17481531

2. Footage of the tight traffic pattern than I mentioned in an email a
couple of weeks ago. http://www.vimeo.com/17482681

Enjoy,

Jon

This is a repost. Cut and paste address into your browser to view.

Robert Dixon

The Estuarium at the Dauphin Island Sea Lab
101 Bienville Blvd.
Dauphin Island, AL. 36528
Ph:251-861-2141 Ext. 7550
Fx:251-861-7592
www.disl.org
http://estuarium.disl.org/

Bruce Crain

Not nearly as intimidating in a TriQ! ;o) The climb out at 95 degrees was another thing! Used the mountains east of the airport to climb the vertical winds blowing up the faces.
Bruce

This is a repost. Cut and paste address into your browser to view.

Refinance Now 3.4% FIXED
$160,000 Mortgage: $547/mo. No Hidden Fees. No SSN Req. Get 4 Quotes!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4cfc2240b3be255ee70st06vuc

Jon Finley <jon@...>

Hey Bounds,

I'm afraid it is true. I would DEFINITELY not attempt to fly around these
parts if I had a Ly-Con out in front of me!! :-)

Jon

We've got it! Video proof that Finley actually does live on the moon.
Note the total lack of signs of life, the rugged terrain of the moon's
surface, the subtle foreign name for his home. Now the technical
questions. Will a Subaru actually run in zero atmosphere? Will Finley
run in zero atmosphere? So many questions.
Bounds

Jon Finley <jon@...>

Mike,

It was a very crude mount!! I had the camera clamped to a piece of aluminum
angle that was clamped to my seat back bulkhead (I have a hole cut in it and
store sectionals and stuff in there). The camera was pointing "out" and
down.

Good tip on the software rotation! I may try that next time!

Jon

Good video Jon. For the one over the hills where did you mount the
camera? I got an eBay suction cup for $10 that really holds well to
the
inside of the canopy. Dieing to try that out! Actually the camera
hangs upside down from the canopy but virtualdub software rotates it
around to being correct.
Thanks for posting. Wish I had some hills to fly around...
Mike N3QP Q200

Jon Finley <jon@...>

Hi Sam,

I was able to convince Bruce to fly in with his Tri and he was wildly
successful!

Jon

From: "Jon Finley" <jon@finleyweb.net>
To: <Q-LIST@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 16:10:08 -0700

Hi Sam,

I was able to convince Bruce to fly in with his Tri and he was wildly
successful!

Jon

Robert Bounds

How about with the LY-Con behind you? Much safer. You need a new prop. Feel the need for speed? Spend some of those moldy dollars you lazy pup.
Bounds

I'm afraid it is true. I would DEFINITELY not attempt to fly around these
parts if I had a Ly-Con out in front of me!! :-)

Jon

Jon Finley <jon@...>

Great! Now you've probably jinxed me Bruce!!! :-)

I don't think it has anything to do with being a "Top Dawg" (though I
appreciate the thought). Probably more luck and/or God's Grace. I've never
told you guys but I actually close my eyes after touchdown cause it is so
scary. ;-)

Yes! I would love to host a little fly-in if anybody would come. If there
is interest, let me know and we'll set a date.

Jon