From: "Mike Dwyer" <mdwyer@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 4, 2011 6:47pm
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Re: Benefits of streamlining Happy New Year

I hate to be so negative but the prop on my 0-200A starts to windmill
above 120mph... So ya can't actually stop the prop.

Maybe if the test was set up this way. Start with a 140 MPH TAS at
7000' density altitude. Measure the speed (GPS) on a 120, 240, and 0
heading level. Then on a 0 heading measure the speed at a 200 FPM
descent without touching the power. Then you could probably get a good
idea of each type's drag with a small error based on engine/prop type.
This might also be a good way to see what your drag reduction fixes
actually did for ya if you run the same test after each improvement...

I'd be willing to collect that data as long as we know what to collect.

Mike Q200 N3QP