From: flyboy <patrickrameau@...>
To: Q-LIST@...
Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2011 4:52 PM
Subject: [Q-LIST] CS prop on Q2?

My Tri-Q200 has a Warp Drive, ground-adjustable prop. Being in a hot, high area (Arizona), I would love to have choices beyond "stuck with climb prop or stuck with cruise prop." Do any Quickies have an in-flight adjustable prop installed? Anyone have experience using them with an 0-200? www.woodcomp.com is a Czech company that makes an electric one, as does www.ivoprop.com, and the prices seem reasonable. Does anyone know any sound mechanical/aerodynamic reasons NOT to proceed with that plan? Are they really as "bolt and fly" as their websites claim?
While I love my new Quickie, both the climb (when loaded) and the top speed seem less than they should be. Thanks in advance!

Richard <mylittlemgb@...>

Myself I would use the MT prop, I have had the chance to fly behind the Woodcomp prop and it is a nice unit. From what I have seen the MT seems to be the most used option. Regardless you won't be going wrong. When using a fixed pitch prop you're compromising on cruise and climb. The cost is the reason most go with the fixed pitch and ground adjustable gives the opportunity to change your mind. Constant speed gives you all the above.

Richard

--- In Q-LIST@..., "flyboy" <patrickrameau@...> wrote:

My Tri-Q200 has a Warp Drive, ground-adjustable prop. Being in a hot, high area (Arizona), I would love to have choices beyond "stuck with climb prop or stuck with cruise prop." Do any Quickies have an in-flight adjustable prop installed? Anyone have experience using them with an 0-200? www.woodcomp.com is a Czech company that makes an electric one, as does www.ivoprop.com, and the prices seem reasonable. Does anyone know any sound mechanical/aerodynamic reasons NOT to proceed with that plan? Are they really as "bolt and fly" as their websites claim?
While I love my new Quickie, both the climb (when loaded) and the top speed seem less than they should be. Thanks in advance!

Bruce Crain

Myself and Earnest Martin have MT props on TriQ 200s. I love the prop! You will too.Bruce Crain ---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Richard" <mylittlemgb@...>
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: CS prop on Q2?
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 01:39:08 -0000

Myself I would use the MT prop, I have had the chance to fly behind the Woodcomp prop and it is a nice unit. From what I have seen the MT seems to be the most used option. Regardless you won't be going wrong. When using a fixed pitch prop you're compromising on cruise and climb. The cost is the reason most go with the fixed pitch and ground adjustable gives the opportunity to change your mind. Constant speed gives you all the above.

Richard
--- In Q-LIST@..., "flyboy" <patrickrameau@...> wrote:

> My Tri-Q200 has a Warp Drive, ground-adjustable prop. Being in a hot, high area (Arizona), I would love to have choices beyond "stuck with climb prop or stuck with cruise prop." Do any Quickies have an in-flight adjustable prop installed? Anyone have experience using them with an 0-200? www.woodcomp.com is a Czech company that makes an electric one, as does www.ivoprop.com, and the prices seem reasonable. Does anyone know any sound mechanical/aerodynamic reasons NOT to proceed with that plan? Are they really as "bolt and fly" as their websites claim?
> While I love my new Quickie, both the climb (when loaded) and the top speed seem less than they should be. Thanks in advance!

Penny Stock Soaring 3000%
Sign up for Free to find out what the next 3000% Stock Winner is!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4df17eb5ce0f331af3dst06vuc

Sam Hoskins

Before you go to all that trouble and $$$ for an MT, you might want to give
Craig Catto a call. He makes great props and really lnows his stuff.

http://www.cattoprops.com/

Sam

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Richard <mylittlemgb@...> wrote:

[...]

Martin Skiby

I would agree. Also Prince has done a pretty good job. One that I will be trying is the silver bullet from Gary Hertzler. It is a very low drag prop that gives great climb as well as cruise performance.

--- In Q-LIST@..., Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

[...]

Martin,

I didn't think Gary was making props for the 0200. Last I heard it was only for the LYC. Alan Thayer got a new one the other day for his Long EZE and it really looked nice.

Regards,

Off to Golden West in Marysville for the EAA fly in.

Jim Patillo
N46JP

--- In Q-LIST@..., "Martin" <mskiby@...> wrote:

[...]

This is a good question. I will shoot him an e-mail and see. I just assumed that he would make them for all sizes.