September Field of Dreams

Sam Hoskins

Summer is here, so it's time to start talking about our annual Field of
Dreams Fly-in. As you recall, this year's fly-in will be held at Marion, IL
on September 9, 10, & 11.

Read all about it here: http://southernillinoisfieldofdreams.blogspot.com/
The web site has travel, lodging, and other information.

Ladies invited! Check out the web site!.

Besides the change in venue, we will having a few other changes this year.
First off, I am inviting all canard aircraft, so we
are welcoming Vari-Ezes, Longs, Burkuts, and anything else that has a wing
in the front. The more, the merrier.

Second, we will be having a Fly-In breakfast on Saturday, hosted by EAA
Chapter 277.

So, take a look at the web site, set the date aside and make your travel
plans.

Best wishes.

Sam Hoskins
http://southernillinoisfieldofdreams.blogspot.com/

Dave Dugas

Sam,
Have you ever thought of a career in advertising?  I think you missed your calling.  Rod Herzig, with his Cozy, and I in Q2 N68DD are planning on being there (for the ribs).
Dave Dugas

[...]

Peace, Love and Barbecue

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 9:35 PM, Dave Dugas <davedq2@...> wrote:

**

[...]

Great, Dave. Glad you can make it.

Now, we have to work on Mr. Dwyer.

Sam

[...]

Mike Dwyer

Someday I'll make it up north. Problem is my employer thinks I need to be there before they will pay me! Hardly gives me enough time to squeeze in a vacation and the wife likes to snorkel the Caribbean! Now if the fly in was in the Bahamas.... Mike Q200 N3QP http://www.warnerair.com/q200/

To: Q-LIST@...

[...]

Mike Perry

So, Mike:

I would like to see a TW or Canard Fly-in in January at Laughlin NV or
on the California Coast. Can't seem to talk anyone out here into that.
Maybe a TW fly-in in January in the Bahamas??? (No one will come from
Illinois!!!)

Mike Perry

To: Q-LIST@... <mailto:Q-LIST%40yahoogroups.com>

From: Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...
<mailto:sam.hoskins%40gmail.com>>
Date: Saturday, June 18, 2011, 1:53 PM

[...]

Rick Hole

I've served on DC3 flights to the Bahamas twice recently with Missionary
Flights International. Granted, it's a bit bigger than the Q, but still, a
taildragger is a taildragger! I am one of their volunteers trained as
flight attendants.

Q200- N1711Q update: Scott Swing is busily working on the airframe. The
interior was removed, washed, dyed and stabilized and looks like brand new.
Fuel lines are replaced. We anticipate installing the new instrument panel
this week. It will have a fresh paint job as part of the re-conditioning.

It'll be hard to keep away from by then. Get the engine running. Test
flight and fly off hours around the airport, and put it into service.

Rick Hole

So, Mike:

I would like to see a TW or Canard Fly-in in January at Laughlin NV or
on the California Coast. Can't seem to talk anyone out here into that.
Maybe a TW fly-in in January in the Bahamas??? (No one will come from
Illinois!!!)

Mike Perry

Pat Panzera <panzera@...>

For what its worth...
That weekend is Grandparents weekend.
Many of us old geezers might have to choose stay at home with family.

Pat

[...]

I know. Everything's a compromise.

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Pat Panzera <
panzera@...> wrote:

**

[...]

Being a grandparent who went through what my wife and I have gone
through, first losing our only daughter in an automobile accident and
then fighting the courts to keep her two sons together, (in our home
where they lived since birth) but failing with one of her sons, the
weekend is pretty important to us, and our grandsons.

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 1:21 PM, Paul S <wypaul2001@...> wrote:
Being geezers (I still classify myself as a pre-geezer due to the fact that I am in my early 60's) nobody expects us to remember things like that---I've never heard of grandparents day and will claim the same in the future.
Paul

--- In Q-LIST@..., Pat Panzera <panzera@...> wrote:

[...]

Paul Buckley

You've got to give an accolade to the marketing department of Hallmark!
I've never heard of Grandparents Weekend either, but I guess it will arrive here eventually, along with 'Supermarket checkout operators day' and 'bus drivers day!'
Secretary's day is here I believe, but struggling............

Paul Buckley
Cheshire
England

Being geezers (I still classify myself as a pre-geezer due to the fact that I am in my early 60's) nobody expects us to remember things like that---I've never heard of grandparents day and will claim the same in the future.
Paul

--- In Q-LIST@..., Pat Panzera <panzera@...> wrote:

> For what its worth...
> That weekend is Grandparents weekend.
> Many of us old geezers might have to choose stay at home with family.
>
> Pat
>
> >> Summer is here, so it's time to start talking about our annual Field of
> >> Dreams Fly-in. As you recall, this year's fly-in will be held at Marion, IL
> >> on September 9, 10, & 11.
> >>
> >> Read all about it here: http://southernillinoisfieldofdreams.blogspot.com/
> >> The web site has travel, lodging, and other information.
> >>
> >> Ladies invited! Check out the web site!.
> >>
> >> Besides the change in venue, we will having a few other changes this year.
> >> First off, I am inviting all canard aircraft, so we
> >> are welcoming Vari-Ezes, Longs, Burkuts, and anything else that has a wing
> >> in the front. The more, the merrier.
> >>
> >> Second, we will be having a Fly-In breakfast on Saturday, hosted by EAA
> >> Chapter 277.
> >>
> >> So, take a look at the web site, set the date aside and make your travel
> >> plans.
> >>
> >> Best wishes.
> >>
> >> Sam Hoskins
> >> http://southernillinoisfieldofdreams.blogspot.com/

Paul Buckley

Hmm, you have my sympathy Pat.
I can understand how you feel.

Paul

Being a grandparent who went through what my wife and I have gone
through, first losing our only daughter in an automobile accident and
then fighting the courts to keep her two sons together, (in our home
where they lived since birth) but failing with one of her sons, the
weekend is pretty important to us, and our grandsons.

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 1:21 PM, Paul S <wypaul2001@...> wrote:
> Being geezers (I still classify myself as a pre-geezer due to the fact that I am in my early 60's) nobody expects us to remember things like that---I've never heard of grandparents day and will claim the same in the future.
> Paul
>
> --- In Q-LIST@..., Pat Panzera <panzera@...> wrote:
>>
>> For what its worth...
>> That weekend is Grandparents weekend.
>> Many of us old geezers might have to choose stay at home with family.
>>
>> Pat

Pat Panzera <panzera@...>

It's actually Grandparent's day, which is Sunday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Grandparents_Day
"The celebration was introduced to the UK in 1990 by the charity Age
Concern. It has been celebrated on the first Sunday in October since
2008, although it is not widely advertised and hasn't been as
commercially successful as Mothers and Fathers Day."

It's been around the US since the 1970s

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Paul Buckley <paulbuckley@...> wrote:
You've got to give an accolade to the marketing department of Hallmark!
I've never heard of Grandparents Weekend either, but I guess it will arrive here eventually, along with 'Supermarket checkout operators day' and 'bus drivers day!'
Secretary's day is here I believe, but struggling............

Paul Buckley
Cheshire
England

 Being geezers (I still classify myself as a pre-geezer due to the fact that I am in my early 60's) nobody expects us to remember things like that---I've never heard of grandparents day and will claim the same in the future.
 Paul

 --- In Q-LIST@..., Pat Panzera <panzera@...> wrote:

 > For what its worth...
 > That weekend is Grandparents weekend.
 > Many of us old geezers might have to choose stay at home with family.
 >
 > Pat
 >
 > >> Summer is here, so it's time to start talking about our annual Field of
 > >> Dreams Fly-in. As you recall, this year's fly-in will be held at Marion, IL
 > >> on September 9, 10, & 11.
 > >>
 > >> Read all about it here: http://southernillinoisfieldofdreams.blogspot.com/
 > >> The web site has travel, lodging, and other information.
 > >>
 > >> Ladies invited! Check out the web site!.
 > >>
 > >> Besides the change in venue, we will having a few other changes this year.
 > >> First off, I am inviting all canard aircraft, so we
 > >> are welcoming Vari-Ezes, Longs, Burkuts, and anything else that has a wing
 > >> in the front. The more, the merrier.
 > >>
 > >> Second, we will be having a Fly-In breakfast on Saturday, hosted by EAA
 > >> Chapter 277.
 > >>
 > >> So, take a look at the web site, set the date aside and make your travel
 > >> plans.
 > >>
 > >> Best wishes.
 > >>
 > >> Sam Hoskins
 > >> http://southernillinoisfieldofdreams.blogspot.com/

Sam Hoskins

Which is also September 11 - the 10th anniversary.

SRH

**