Q-tube and Quicker. . .

quickheads

Q-tube and Quicker are back up and running on the QBA site. You can still upload videos and pictures directly to the site without having to link them to Vimeo or YouTube.

Turns out that the server resource issues weren't related to the videos at all, but a small module that was running on the side of the site that scrolled new products from the online store. It was accessing the DataBase 300 times every time a page loaded. The site is getting A LOT of traffic with literally thousands of page views per day, so you can do the math and figure out that the DataBase and server were getting overwhelmed.

OK enough geek talk, you're free to use everything on the site again! Just FYI. I have some more work to do optimizing some of the other components as well, but removing that module seems to be a good start. The pages load a little quicker now too.

Thanks for your patience and your suggestions.

Warm regards,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

quickieq2uk

Hi Dan,

Great news that Q-Tube is working again. I hope to post some videos to it when I get my Q2 back in the air later this year.

Whilst this is not Quickie related here is a video I made of a Chipmunk that I fly in here in the UK. I filmed it one evening back in April but only got round to editing it this afternoon. It was filme in 1080p HD although I have only edited it and uploaded it in 720p HD. I plan to make a similar video with my Q2 when I get it flying, hopefully with some air to air footage too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE-FN1xZs_o

Regards,

Simon Wilson
Quickie Q2
United Kingdom

--- In Q-LIST@..., dan@... wrote:

[...]

L.J. French <LJFrench@...>

Dan,
My guess is that you put way more effort into all this technology than most of us realize. I just want to say a big thank you for all the work you put into giving us a great way to share experiences, ideas and buy/sell opportunities. The increased traffic speaks to the success of your work. Until you are better paid - thanks again.

LJ French

Short & simple from my mobile

On Jun 19, 2011, at 5:58 AM, dan@... wrote:

[...]

Thanks Lynn,
I'm doing some soul searching about my current project that I'll write about in the next newsletter. In the meantime, I'll just continue to try and be the best newletter and web editor I know how to be. I appreciate the encouraging words even in lieu of cash! LOL!

I've been really happy with the response from all of you guys about the website. I'm glad you're getting some use out of it, and as always I appreciate any feedback you might have (good or bad.) I may not always be able to handle every issue or suggestion immediately, but believe me, all of your suggestions will end up somewhere on the "to do" list!

Warm regards,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com