Template needed

Rick Hole

I have my foam billet ready to hot wire and discovered I am missing one template. Maybe someone can scan a copy and I can still do the cut tomorrow as planned.

This is main wing at station BL50-BL100 (original plans page 5-1) aileron slot core template #7.

A scan of the template or the plan for the template will do. Please scan also a ruler or straight line with length labelled so I can calibrate the size when printed out.

While I am at it, as long as the wing table is set up and ready to go, is anyone out there interested in commissioning a fast-build main wing? I can make another easily enough.

Rick Hole
N1711Q moved to paint booth, gotta get it white before taking it outside!

(The wing mentioned above is for another Q2 project)

mylittlemgb@yahoo.com <mylittlemgb@...>

You can download them from quickheads.com. Dan does have them in the store.
.

Sent with Verizon Mobile Email

Leon

AutoCad format files for main wing templates uploaded to files area.

Will add both canard files later.
================
Leon

--- In Q-LIST@..., "rholen8rl" <r.hole@...> wrote:

I have my foam billet ready to hot wire and discovered I am missing one template. Maybe someone can scan a copy and I can still do the cut tomorrow as planned.

This is main wing at station BL50-BL100 (original plans page 5-1) aileron slot core template #7.

A scan of the template or the plan for the template will do. Please scan also a ruler or straight line with length labelled so I can calibrate the size when printed out.

While I am at it, as long as the wing table is set up and ready to go, is anyone out there interested in commissioning a fast-build main wing? I can make another easily enough.

Rick Hole
N1711Q moved to paint booth, gotta get it white before taking it outside!

(The wing mentioned above is for another Q2 project)

quickheads

Hey Rick,
I sent the templates to you in an offlist e-mail. Please let me know if they're what you were looking for.

Thanks,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

Rick Hole

Thanks guys! I had the needed template ready to go this morning and cut the
foam cores this afternoon. I had a real pro, Jim Campbell, who has cut
several hundred sets of wings, helping me out. It's great for confidence
having that level of expertise at hand! And the cores look great. Another
person manned the camera for stills and video clips. I'll do something with
those soon.

The foam billets being produced now are a bit different in shape and size
than those in the Plans, so it was necessary to adapt how the templates fit
on the billet. It took longer to figure that out than to cut the foam!

Rick Hole

Building replacement Q2 wing